Notre Dame

What's your artifact doing in Boss Kean's ditch?
ed
Title: The Hero of Sukhbataar

Notre Dame

Post by ed » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:08 pm

Well, back in the day I took a trip to Paris with my soon to be wife. We went up on the crosswalk thingie on Notre Dame.
I noticed crap on the ground when we were up there and it transpired that the debris had fallen from on high (the tower goes up a hundred (?) feet above the crosswalk).

It occurred to me that the grandest european tradition is pillage. Every nation with a museum has engaged in it and I felt that it was my duty to make a statement on behalf of the USA.

So I grabbed a hunk of Notre Dame, viz.
IMG_9945a.jpg
There are hundreds of these things that look for all the world like paired boobs. You can see them in this picture

Anyhoo, the soon to be wife was mortified. I stuck the thing in her bag but she refused to carry it. So I carried the damn pocketbook around Paris, thru security at Orley then thru customs in NYC. Not unlike the Brits bringing the Rosetta Stone back to London. Actually not really like that at all, except for the absconding part.

Given that the damn froggies don't seem able to keep their medieval structures safe, I think that we can rejoice in the knowledge that at least a piece of Notre Dame is safe and secure here in Florida. Thanks to another American that pulled the french baguettes from the real, not proverbial, fire.

Perhaps I can loan it to the french and they can use it as a model to reconstruct the entire cathedral, like a paleontologist reconstructing a dino from a claw. Sorta.

The End
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

ceptimus

Re: Notre Dame

Post by ceptimus » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:13 pm

Look at all the money they've saved over the years by not having a working fire suppression system installed. They'll be able to use those savings now for any small repairs that may prove necessary.

Witness

Post by Witness » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:48 pm

ed wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:08 pm
It occurred to me that the grandest european tradition is pillage.
I took a (small) pottery shard from the top of the walls of Tiryns (and so beat you by 2000+ years):

What amused me was that it had a catalog number scribbled on it. These archaeologists are really careless.

Interesting fact: the walls are so thick that there are passageways inside. Add ~3500 years of sheep kept inside, and some of the stones show a nice polish. :mrgreen:

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:16 pm

And for an ancient sheep herder nothing beats the smell of lanolin and urine. No wonder these twats bought into the carpenters son who could turn water into wine bullshit. :x
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:30 am

sparks wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:16 pm
And for an ancient sheep herder nothing beats the smell of lanolin and urine.
You do not have to justify your fetishes, sparks.

We are not judging you.

Much.

Freak.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

ed

Post by ed » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:41 pm

sparks wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:16 pm
And for an ancient sheep herder nothing beats the smell of lanolin and urine. No wonder these twats bought into the carpenters son who could turn water into wine bullshit. :x
Psychological projection is a defence mechanism in which the human ego defends itself against unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.[1] For example, a person who is a habitual sheep fancier may constantly accuse other people of craving the smell of lanolin and urine. It incorporates blame shifting.
Wiki

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:23 pm

Right.

Thanks ed.

Fucking sheep farmer! :)

ed

Post by ed » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:28 pm

sparks wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:23 pm

Is that an aspiration?

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:27 am

Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

sparks

Post by sparks » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:34 pm

ed wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:28 pm
sparks wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:23 pm

Is that an aspiration?
Not in my book, but to each his own. :)