AC, you vile wanker ...

What's your artifact doing in Boss Kean's ditch?
ed
Title: The Hero of Sukhbataar

AC, you vile wanker ...

Post by ed » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:32 am

do you live anywhere near Cuffley?

I had a thought. Might be an interesting little project. But only if it is sorta near.

Historical research, no theft or appropriation of historical artifacts.

See, I have these two paintings of the Cuffley Zeppelin downing.

For you insular Yanks, it was a big deal in 1916. Fucking Huns were sending over their baby killing gas bags and
On 3 September 1916 the German airship SL 11 was shot down and crashed in Cuffley during an aerial bombardment intended for London.[3] This incident is commemorated by a memorial on East Ridgeway to Lieutenant W. Leefe Robinson, the pilot who shot the airship down; he was awarded the Victoria Cross.[4] There is also a model of the airship in the village hall. Contrary to many reports of the incident, the SL 11 airship was not a Zeppelin but an army Schütte-Lanz airship.[3] Regardless, the local football team is still nicknamed 'The Zeps' after this event.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuffley

<"The Zeps" great name for an overweight ladies soccer team, snortle>

Anyway, I got these pictures and that got me interested in the event. They are decent, the artist had some skill I think. At least they have earned wall space for a decade or more.

eta: I lightened the images fo that detail would show up. They are not washed out at all.

The idea is to figure out what the putative position of the artist was for these images.

Fascinating, no?
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Anaxagoras

Re: AC, you vile wanker ...

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:06 pm

Actual footage from the battle

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:08 pm

As suspected, ed has way too much time on his hands. We've got to get him a real hobby. :)
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

ed
Title: The Hero of Sukhbataar

Post by ed » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:19 pm

sparks wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:08 pm
As suspected, ed has way too much time on his hands. We've got to get him a real hobby. :)
hmmm I seem to be trying to co-opt people I don't know who live thousands of miles away into pointless activities.

You have a point.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:29 pm

It's OK ed. AC needs a hobby too. Vile Wanking keeps him busy, but he needs a deeper challenge.

DocX's Mom perhaps? :)
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:20 am

She prefers Irish.

But will accept Brits with real money. None of that crap with women or Dead Frenchmen on it.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

asthmatic camel
Title: Forum commie nun.

Post by asthmatic camel » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:51 pm

Bit too far for an old man and his fag-o-cycle, that's more De_Bunk's neck of the woods.

Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.