Armageddon Now!

What's your artifact doing in Boss Kean's ditch?
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Armageddon Now!

Post by Doctor X »

Good article/book review on Megiddo:
The archaeology of Armageddon

Digging up Armageddon: The Search for the Lost City of Solomon Eric H. Cline Princeton Univ. Press (2020)

“Welcome to Armageddon,” say Israeli tour guides, as groups from many countries climb the steep incline of the archaeological mound Tel Megiddo, southeast of Haifa and close to Nazareth. Within it are the remains of at least 20 cities, piled up, dating from about 5000 bc to the fourth century BC. Passing through the current gate, the tourists often burst into hymns or prayer.

“Our small group of archaeologists smile tolerantly,” recalls Eric Cline in Digging Up Armageddon. They have been digging since before dawn to avoid the heat. A chain-link fence around the excavations jokingly requests: “Please do not feed the archaeologists.”

Nature
The initial work by the U of C archaeologists embodies the stereotype of "Bible in one hand, shovel in the other."

– J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Re: Armageddon Now!

Post by Pyrrho »

I remember a video clip of Ernest Angley..."I'm standing on the hill of Meggido..." with a smile that had more smug in it than a Cleveland fan after winning another rafter banner.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

What do they think they're going to find in this big pile of religious bad ideas human shit?
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

History.

Actual history.

– J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image