Swiss gunmakers

What's your artifact doing in Boss Kean's ditch?
ed
Title: G_D

Swiss gunmakers

Post by ed »

Got this

Interestingly misidentified by the seller :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Correctly identified by moi :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like a pistol made by Weber but there is no ID on the thing except for this
IMG_0644smaller.jpg
Now this guy was, supposedly, a retailer. Retailers would often put their name on a gun, A&F for example, but invariably (in my experience at least) the actual manufacturer would be identified - always. And he is identified as a gunmaker.

Thing is I can;t find anything much about him. Odd. The net is usually great for such things.

Who was he? Does anyone live in Europe that can go to Zurich over the next day or so and make inquiries? I hate being thwarted.

The wrong id ....
The Germans and evidentially the swiss stampted the barrel with the actual bore diameter. This is only partially related to what it shoots since a .22 can be an AR (.223) or some candy ass thing like the gun I am talking about (.22 LR). So the bottom of this barrel is stamped 5.2mm. If you do a quick search the 5mm cartridge came in a variety of flavors. There was a "rimless" 5.2 Bergmann which someone glommed onto as the correct cartridge for this gun. Without going into detail that will make blood flow from your ears, suffice it to say that a rimless cartridge cannot be fired in a rimfire weapon which this is. And that fact is simply obvious. Anyway ...
The above is on another pistol I own ... 5.2mm and, helpfully, 22 L (for "Long" a rimfire cartridge) in other words, a 22. Like every other fucking target gun in the german/swiss/austrian world. Or at least many of them. The guy read the bore diameter as a cartridge designation and this shaved maybe $1k off the price. :De_Bunk: :mrgreen:

Anyway, gods in his heaven alls well with the world except I need to know who this maker guy is and what he had to do with this gun.

Speculate.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
About that stereo
sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Re: Swiss gunmakers

Post by sparks »

Everyone has to have a hobby I guess. :) Mine has always been my work, and believe me, I'm getting fucking well sick of it.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.
ed

Post by ed »

What do you mean "you guess"? Why do you hate freedom Sparks?
About that stereo
solely

Post by solely »

I see the 5.2mm and 22L, what are the other stampings? Can't make them out.
ed

Post by ed »

Crown over U = final proof
c/B = final proof
c/G = rifled weapon proof
About that stereo
solely

Post by solely »

So why do you call it Swiss, yet doubt it's provenance?
ed

Post by ed »

Those proofs are from a german example. This one is marked Zurich and doubtless came from there. All I am saying is that the seller misidentified the cartridge it takes. I am trying to find mout more about Herr F...

Thing is that you don't just make 1. More example need to be out there. And something must be known about him.

I don't just collect the thing, I collect the story.

I should show you my favorites. Then you'd get it maybe.
About that stereo
solely

Post by solely »

I get it, it spins your wheels. I'm really very happy for you. I like when you share your escapades.
I'm an eye candy guy, and this style of gun lacks pizzazz.
ed

Post by ed »

Interesting. I was absolutely smitten with these things. What do you considerr eye candy,?
About that stereo
Witness

Post by Witness »

ed wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:21 pm Got this
That thing looks like some fanart weapon. :mrgreen:
solely

Post by solely »

This is about you and your collection, your depth of knowledge. My observations are as deep as the morning dew.
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

ed wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:21 pmThing is I can;t find anything much about him. Odd. The net is usually great for such things.
I did find some information from Googling: rob flückiger büchsenmacher

https://www.delcampe.net/de/sammlerobje ... 93101.html

He is (was) indeed from Zurich. There even seems to be an address for his place of business. And he made other guns too. Other than that, not much info.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare
ed

Post by ed »

solely wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:05 am This is about you and your collection, your depth of knowledge. My observations are as deep as the morning dew.
No. Coming in with no "expertise" makes your observations very valuable.
About that stereo
ed

Post by ed »

Anaxagoras wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:51 am
ed wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:21 pmThing is I can;t find anything much about him. Odd. The net is usually great for such things.
I did find some information from Googling: rob flückiger büchsenmacher

https://www.delcampe.net/de/sammlerobje ... 93101.html

He is (was) indeed from Zurich. There even seems to be an address for his place of business. And he made other guns too. Other than that, not much info.
Good catch. Thanks. Can you get up to Zurich and check out that address?
Is that ad for 4mm inserts for pistols among other things?

That is this thing
About that stereo
ed

Post by ed »

Same name of store ...
https://www.waffenbuerchler.ch/
About that stereo
sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

ed wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:03 pm What do you mean "you guess"? Why do you hate freedom Sparks?
I don't hate Freedom ed. I'm just trying to acquire some... :) And working my ass off isn't getting it done.

Oh, and I'm really sick of this wildfire shit. The air is positively thick with smoke, the taste and smell of it fuck everything. If we just had a Noah level rainfall right about now...
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.
Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister »

... we could have mudslides entombing whole towns. :|