a sword

What's your artifact doing in Boss Kean's ditch?
ed
Title: G_D

Re: a sword

Post by ed »

Crap repro.
About that stereo
asthmatic camel
Title: Forum commie nun.

Post by asthmatic camel »

It'll kill you just as dead as the genuine article. Fucking run!
Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.
ed

Post by ed »

Style is what distinguishes the lithe movements of the panther from the gibbering of the gibbon.

- Sontag

Could not find a good image so use your imagination and insert a picture of a person giving you a supercilious, withering sneer.

<HERE>
About that stereo
ed

Post by ed »

asthmatic camel wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:59 am It'll kill you just as dead as the genuine article. Fucking run!
Prince-edward.jpg
Thats the ticket.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
About that stereo
ed

Post by ed »

Britains-Queen-Elizabeth-II-and-her-son-the-Prince-of-Wales-attend-the-Braemar-Highland-Games-at-the-Princess-Royal-and-Duke-of-Fife-Memorial-Park-Aberdeenshire-630x420.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
About that stereo
asthmatic camel

Moz was a piece of work. A rather lovely lady used to drop by the local pubs selling seafood snacks. One guy gave her some shit one night and Moz kicked the living daylights out of him. Really, seriously. Broke his nose, jaw and several of his ribs. The guy deserved everything he got: the fish lady was a real love. :)
Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.
ed

Post by ed »

I am beginning to appreciate why you have strict gun laws over there.
About that stereo
robinson
Title: Pretty much dead already

Post by robinson »

Yep
still working on Sophrosyne, but I will no doubt end up with Hubris
robinson

Post by robinson »

If they had guns they might overthrow the Queen or something
ed

Post by ed »

About that stereo
asthmatic camel

ed wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:02 am I am beginning to appreciate why you have strict gun laws over there.
You don't need guns to kill people, trust me. Unarmed karate will do the job, if you're good. (And I am)
solely

Post by solely »

ed, does the sword have a sheath, and if so is it original to the blade?
ed

Post by ed »

It should. Jap blades are works of art and can be rehilted repeatedly ... and get new sheaths. I recall reading somewhere that ancient 17thc blades were in use during ww2. Ancient families/ ancient blades
About that stereo
Witness

Post by Witness »

I read the Japanese had only low-quality ore available, which made steel making a very work-intensive process to get the impurities out.

Similarly in Europe lost horseshoe nails were collected from the streets to forge gun barrels: the constant cold hammering had driven out the impurities.

The famed Damascus steel owed its qualities to an admixture of vanadium (0.02%), which was of course unknown at the time. When the source dried up the tried-and-tested methods suddenly stopped working and by ~ 1800 Damascus steel was no more. (Source: John Emsley, Nature's Building Blocks.)]
asthmatic camel

ed wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:29 pm Makes me think of this guy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenny_McLean
Moz would have kicked that's guy's arse. He couldn't often get at me because I'm a head taller but when he got a grip, you were in a shit-load of trouble.

Chris Little fancied himself as a local hardman until someone blew his head off.

I can't prove it, but I suspect Moz and his gang were involved.
robinson

Post by robinson »

Now I’m scared to visit
asthmatic camel

robinson wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:04 am Now I’m scared to visit
To be fair, violent crime is pretty rare in Britland. You'd generally have to be involved with some pretty nasty people to be at any real risk. It's a serious offence to carry an offensive weapon. A lock knife with a two-inch blade will get you a prison sentence.

Evidences
robinson

Post by robinson »

That must be why nobody gets knifed there