Free Pistols

What's your artifact doing in Boss Kean's ditch?
ed
Title: G_D

Free Pistols

Post by ed »

For reasons too tedious to explain, even for me, I developed an interest in Free Pistols. These are the things that are used in the 50m( :x ) Free Pistol event. The rule is that the gun must be single shot, .22, be supported with one hand and have iron sights. It was a somewhat peculiar sport to Germany where, it seems, every town had pistol shooting events.

Anyway, these things seem to be to be customized in every case I have come across. At least the higher end examples.

I bought a few of these things over the past couple of months and they shared one characteristic: they were all for a right handed shooter. I am left handed. So while I picked them up and popped a few caps at urchins stealing apples, I could not really get a feel for the things. Until earlier this week. I got an example that was made for a leftie. And the nature of the thing was so striking that I thought that I'd share.

Here is what the thing looks like
pix888426664.jpg
Now take a look at the shape of the grips
pix594279999.jpg
See how that sorta wrap around? When you hold it you experience something interesting.

There is only one way to hold it. The grip acts like a rigid glove, your hand fits "in" rather than "around" if you get my meaning. Something like those Indian Glove Swords

Anyhoo, the competition consisted of 60 shots at 50meters < :x > with a maximum score of 600. I understand that a score of less than 570 was a non-starter for serious competition. n.b. the 10 Ring on the target is about 5cm (like 2.5 inches at 50 yards)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ed on Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This space for let
DJ

Re: Free Pistols

Post by DJ »

I competed in police practical and international practical shooting competitions. Lots of fun, but I only mention it because, oh my gosh that’s a difficult standard to compete with. The grip looks so comfortable. How do you find your target at that distance with iron sights?

ETA- I practiced with 230gr. and competed with 157gr. I remembered the hassle of having to change the recoil spring.
solely

Post by solely »

Another gun, left handed, I thought so.
ed

Post by ed »

Amplify Sherlock.
This space for let
Hotarubi
Title: Enchantress

Post by Hotarubi »

ed wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:53 pm For reasons too tedious to explain, even for me
Jury's out.
Yep, you totally outsmarted me ~ Wildcat.

:ball2:

I'm sure I came up with Twatter first. ~ Moi
I only steal from the rich. :BigGrin3: ~ Witness
ed

Post by ed »

Are you actually asking?????

Really?
This space for let
solely

Post by solely »

ed, you seem to have a 'thing' for this style of gun, I'm less enthused. This is not an attempt to
discourage you, believe it or not I'm happy for the pleasure you receive with your hobby/business.
ed

Post by ed »

I think I am pretty much done. I have a few examples. They are interesting but, as I said, there seem to be an infinitude of these things. Each one noticeably different from the other.
This space for let
solely

Post by solely »

If you stop then nothing of interest will take place here, so don't stop.
ed

Post by ed »

Did I post that odd 4 barrel thing here?
This space for let
solely

Post by solely »

Don't know. Did I mention my vision is poor and I lean toward throwing more lead.
ed

Post by ed »

So Glocks and Berettas then.
This space for let
solely

Post by solely »

Stop teasing.
asthmatic camel
Title: Forum commie nun.

Post by asthmatic camel »

***BREAKING NEWS***
It's official.

ed is a self-confessed left-footer with T3h Gh3y, who buys faggy German pistols to match the leather Nazi gear he wears during his perverted S&M threesomes with Abdul Alhazred & Bruce.

Not, of course, that there is anything wrong with that...
Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

asthmatic camel wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:20 pm
***BREAKING NEWS***
It's official.

ed is a self-confessed left-footer with T3h Gh3y, who buys faggy German pistols to match the leather Nazi gear he wears during his perverted S&M threesomes with Abdul Alhazred & Bruce.

There is something very very wrong with any threesome that includes ed and/or Bruce.

As one wise in The Way of the Horrid Old Poove, I know this instinctively. :cowbell:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.
ed

Post by ed »

asthmatic camel wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:20 pm
***BREAKING NEWS***
It's official.

Mostly true. Funny thing is that I find nazi memorabilia repellent. Got 2 pistols and 2 daggers from my wife's uncle. Got a flag and a belt buckle from my dad (he liberated you lot, did I mention that?) and thats it. Never bought nothin. Except for that phony pantograph knife.
This space for let
asthmatic camel
Title: Forum commie nun.

Post by asthmatic camel »

:godwin: :D
Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.
ed

Post by ed »

Im happy to joke about it but i dont want that crap in my house.
This space for let