Britain's Elites Converting to Islam

Hot topics in delusion and rationalization.
Badger

Post by Badger »

Are converts still considered infidels?
Nineteen tequilas later, we had a deal.
You are my density. (G. McFly)
As my daddy always said, always check the fine print for penectomies. (punchdrunk)
Opinions aren't like assholes, because I don't know anyone with a million assholes.
Bettie Page set the standard for fetish models. (selwynator12/5/2008 5:34:37 PM)
Rugby players eat their dead.
ratbag

Post by ratbag »

Badger wrote:Are converts still considered infidels?
IIRC infidel means something like 'not of the (islamic) faith', so, no.
Abdul Alhazred wrote:Question for people in Britain: Is this story at all credible?
I guess it's possible. I don't have access to the statistics but I'd like to see a lot more evidence before I accept it.
Offhand I can think of Cat Stevens and Jemima Khan (nee Goldsmith).
A muslim friend of mine who attends one of the larger mosques, close to the City (financial district) of London (Mile End Mosque) says taht it is very rare to see any caucasian members in there, and hasn't seen any this year.
Rat
hgc

Post by hgc »

Sure they're converting.

Here's the vanguard of the movement --
CHARLEY_BIGTIME

Re: Britain's Elites Converting to Islam

Post by CHARLEY_BIGTIME »

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Question for people in Britain: Is this story at all credible?

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=58598
According to a report by IslamOnLine, an Islamic website,
14,000 of England’s ‘elite’ have already converted to Islam,
with more on the way.

The report cites ‘the first authoritative study of the
phenomenon’ carried out by the Sunday Times on February
22, reporting that “some of Britain’s top landowners,
celebrities and the offspring of senior establishment
figures” have converted to Islam in recent years.

The Times study was carried out by Yahya (formerly
Jonathan) Birt, himself a Muslim convert, who is the son of
Lord Birt, the former director-general of the BBC. He used a
breakdown of the latest census figures to conclude that
there is a major migration from Christianity to Islam taking
place in England, with 14,200 converts to date.
Right. Being a brit I shall comment. This is my take on it.

1/ 14,200 of the Elite (elite what?) have converted to islam? No. The elite probably does not even number 14,200 in it's entirety. I would suggest this encapsualtes the population in total.

2/ Out of the 14,200 (allegedly) of the elite converted - they can only manage to name three.

3/ Of those three mentioned - (IOL names 5) I've not heard of any of them. So they can't be that elite can they?

============================

Right - lets look at the text.

"14,000 of the UK's elite" from Israel International news. (INN)

Islam on-line says "*Most* of the 14,000 are elite and makes an emphasis of the colour of the converts." Also the article also makes no mention of how many Muslims have abandoned their religion by way of a comparison.

http://www.youngminds.org.uk/magazine/6 ... xpress.php

"A University of Wales survey of 33,000 teenagers aged 13 to 15 in 2000, found 51% who were brought up as Anglicans had no belief in God, compared to 19% brought up in non-Christian faiths (including 8% of Muslims and 35% of young people brought up in the Jewish faith)."

There are 1.6 million Muslims in the UK. Do the "convert" math in comparison with a UK non-muslim population of 60 million.)

So INN has misquoted and IOL has no idea of the actual figures and who they are but makes a point of saying they are white.

Spin, Spin, Spin by both publications. Half truthed triumphalism from one source, Half truthed Scaremongering from another.

====================================

Addendum.

The most famous convert in the UK was Jemima Khan who converted to Islam *as a necessity* before her Marriage to former Pakistan Cricket Captain and now politician Imran Khan. The marriage has now ended and she has pretty much since said that Islam is oppressive bog-roll.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

When they converted, did they have to get circumcised? Let me give you a tip, it's not painless.
CHARLEY_BIGTIME

Post by CHARLEY_BIGTIME »

Jeff wrote:When they converted, did they have to get circumcised? Let me give you a tip, it's not painless.
I do hope that was an intentional fruedian slip.
ratbag

Post by ratbag »

Jeff wrote:When they converted, did they have to get circumcised?
Not sure about Cat Stevens.......Jemima Khan probably didn't.
Rat