The POPE against..........

Hot topics in delusion and rationalization.
hgc

Post by hgc »

thaiboxerken wrote:...
This is why many skeptics disagree on many subjects. However, many skeptics agree that you are a fuckwit.
I agree with Ken about almost nothing, but yes, you Carlos are a fuckwit.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

thaiboxerken wrote:
Fairness plays no part in this. It's just irrelevant.
Total irrelevant. The question was not adressed to you.

thaiboxerken wrote: Their opinions on the subject mean very little. God is a mythical being, one belief that is founded in superstition.

Total irrelevant. The question was not adressed to you.
thaiboxerken wrote: Randi's opinion is half correct. Yes, one can be skeptical of many things. But if a person is of faith, then they are lacking skepticism regarding that thing in which they have faith in. In other words, they aren't being skeptical towards their "god".

What the fuck does this have to do with the Pope and gay marriage, anyway?
That was the question directed to you.
http://www.randi.org/jr/050903.html
Remember you wrote this before to this question:
.Do you know that some skpetics leaders believe in God and pray?

"thaiboxerken"------->"That's not very skeptical of them, is it?"
(what the ..... this answer have to do with the Pope and gay marriage?)

And now you admit the leader Randi is ONLY half correct.
Comon , that's not very skeptical of them and is not very skeptical of you.

Or are you afraid to say it again?
thaiboxerken wrote: That is total bullshit. People on the JREF forum hardly revere Randi and Hal as god and pope. All you have here is some form of insult. You stupid fuckstick.
Why?
Some people (very few...hardly? ) revere Randi as a God. An Hal is his Pope ( his "infalible" representant at the Forum).

thaiboxerken wrote: There is no school. Skepticism is about individuality and using your own reasoning to come to your own conclusions using the evidence and knowledge available to you. This is why many skeptics disagree on many subjects. However, many skeptics agree that you are a fuckwit.
What is the JREF?--> An Education Foundation to train lawyers or doctors?
Who are the leaders of the JREF?--> Sylvia Browne or Uri Geller?
What are the goals of the JREF? --->To have faith ?
Or are they educating people to be believers?
I am sure you know the answers.

Now you know a little more about that kind of "skepticism"you are defending.
And now you know a little more how you used your double speech and your insulting method to hide your ignorance..

Thanks,
Carlos
thaiboxerken

Post by thaiboxerken »

And now you admit the leader Randi is ONLY half correct.

What the fuck kind of "logic" is this? You make absolutely no sense. I stand by my statement, that it is not very skeptical to have faith in a god.

Why?
Some people (very few...hardly? ) revere Randi as a God. An Hal is his Pope ( his "infalible" representant at the Forum).

It is a fucking insult and you KNOW it, don't give me this shit. Name one person who reveres Randi as a god and Hal as his Pope. You are a fucking liar.

What is the JREF?--> A foundation dedicated to finding the truth about paranormal claims.

Who are the leaders of the JREF?--> James Randi is.

What are the goals of the JREF? ---> To educate people on the importance of critical thinking, science and to investigate paranormal claims.

Or are they educating people to be believers? No, they are educating people to be critical in their thinking.

This is what I understand of the JREF. Notice, there is no faith being preached, no dogma.. no oath is taken to follow Randi or Hal. No appeals to authorities are made or dictated.

And now you know a little more how you used your double speech and your insulting method to hide your ignorance..

Insults are all you deserve, as reasoning with you in impossible. You are not a reasonable person. You are not intelligent either. You are nothing but a stupid ass-clown that humps pole all day.
Carlos is on my ignore list.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

thaiboxerken wrote:And now you admit the leader Randi is ONLY half correct.

What the fuck kind of "logic" is this? You make absolutely no sense. I stand by my statement, that it is not very skeptical to have faith in a god.

Why?

It is a fucking insult and you KNOW it, don't give me this shit. Name one person who reveres Randi as a god and Hal as his Pope. You are a fucking liar.

What is the JREF?--> A foundation dedicated to finding the truth about paranormal claims.

Who are the leaders of the JREF?--> James Randi is.

What are the goals of the JREF? ---> To educate people on the importance of critical thinking, science and to investigate paranormal claims.

Or are they educating people to be believers? No, they are educating people to be critical in their thinking.

This is what I understand of the JREF. Notice, there is no faith being preached, no dogma.. no oath is taken to follow Randi or Hal. No appeals to authorities are made or dictated.

Insults are all you deserve, as reasoning with you in impossible. You are not a reasonable person. You are not intelligent either. You are nothing but a stupid ass-clown that humps pole all day.
Thaiboxerken:
Now you admit that there is an Educational Foundation(JREF) that promotes skepticism ( a kind of school of speticism ) that can have faith in God and that is stupid for you because is not very skeptical.

Question solved by a smart skeptic.

Thanks,
Carlos
thaiboxerken

Post by thaiboxerken »

Now you admit that there is an Educational Foundation(JREF) that promotes skepticism ( a kind of school of speticism ) that can have faith in God and that is stupid for you because is not very skeptical.

False. Randi may have is opinions, but the JREF is a collection of people with different opinions about that particular issue. There is no written "jref rules of skepticism" that all must follow to be in the foundation. Even believers in psychics can be in the JREF.

The JREF is not promoting a type of skepticism. You stupid nincomepoopie head.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

thaiboxerken wrote:Now you admit that there is an Educational Foundation(JREF) that promotes skepticism ( a kind of school of speticism ) that can have faith in God and that is stupid for you because is not very skeptical.

False. Randi may have is opinions, but the JREF is a collection of people with different opinions about that particular issue. There is no written "jref rules of skepticism" that all must follow to be in the foundation. Even believers in psychics can be in the JREF.

The JREF is not promoting a type of skepticism. You stupid nincomepoopie head.
Thaiboxerken:

Relax , take a long breath and try again.

The leader of the JREF, James Randi, is a self confessed Skeptic. Or not?

Is this board related to Skepticism or not?

Are the posters of this board related to the JREF forum or not?

Are the majority of the members here supporters of the ideas of James Randi and the JREF or not?

The JREF promotes this :Demonstrating to the public and the media, through educational seminars, the consequences of accepting paranormal and supernatural claims without questioning.

Mr. Randi/JREF in the official page of the JREF said this:
Can a person be both a skeptic and a person of faith?

The answer is, Mr. Randi and I agree, a resounding YES.
Is Faith something paranormal or supernatural?

Or Faith is skepticism?

How can faith and skepticism can be promoted as natural?

How can faith can not be questioned?

Are not they promoting, given their own example, to be a person of faith and also an skeptic?
Tell me the consequences of promoting this.

Now , is your turn.
Don't forget to relax.

Thanks,
Carlos
Skeeve

Post by Skeeve »

Carlos wrote:How can faith and skepticism can be promoted as natural?

Didn't Aquinas address the questioning of faith?

Is not faith untestable, and the claim that a flying saucer blew up the WTC testable?

Would that not separate faith from a belief in UFO's blowing up large buildings in overpopulated metropolitan areas?
Then Skank Of America could start in...
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Skeeve wrote:

Is not faith untestable, and the claim that a flying saucer blew up the WTC testable?

Would that not separate faith from a belief in UFO's blowing up large buildings in overpopulated metropolitan areas?
Ask the JREF /Kramer

They suddenly find the application after two years.

Thanks,
Varlos
Skeeve

Post by Skeeve »

Carlos wrote:
Skeeve wrote:

Ask the JREF /Kramer

They suddenly find the application after two years.

Thanks,
Varlos
I'm sorry, Varlos, what do you mean? You're saying that "JREF/Kramer" has the St. Aquinas scrolls, or proof of UFO's, or what? You asked about questioning of faith, I'd think Aquinas is right in the middle, here.
Then Skank Of America could start in...
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

It's true, you know. The JREF is a School for Skeptics. We in the skeptic trade call it Skeptic University, or SKEP-U for short. Here's a sample of a typical course schedule:

SKU 101 Intro to Skepticism
Students will learn the basic history of skepticism and some of the rudimentary tools of skepticism. Students will learn to identify simple bullshit and woo-woo hoo-hoo.
4 credit hours.

SKU 201 Intermediate Skepticism
Course covers detailed history of skepticism and identifies founding skeptics and current leaders of the skeptic movement. Students will learn to identify complex bullshit and woo-woo hoo-hoo doo-doo.
4 credit hours.

SKU 301 Advanced Skepticism
Advanced techniques of identifying intricate bullshit and woo-woo hoo-hoo doo-doo yoo-hoo. Advanced methods of dissecting logical fallacies. Students must demonstrate their skeptic capabilities against a genuine woo-woo in order to pass course.
4 credit hours.

SKU 401 Expert Skepticism
You will learn to destroy any argument at will.
4 credit hours.

AMZ 101 Intro to Amazing Randi
Study the amazing life of the Amazing Randi. False white beard required.
4 credit hours

AMZ 201 Amazing Randi
Continued study of the amazing life of the Amazing Randi. Spoons required.
4 credit hours.

AMZ 301 Art of the Curmudgeon
Advanced study of the Amazing Randi.
4 credit hours.

GLR 101 Intro to Uri Geller
Study the paranormal abilities of Uri Geller. Spoons required.
1 credit hour.

KUK 101 Intro to Kooks
Who's who in woo-woo.
4 credit hours.

KUK 201 More Kooks
Studies include methods to drive kooks up the wall. Valid Internet account required.
4 credit hours.

There are many more courses available. Upon graduation from the JREF University of Skepticism, you will receive a diploma that establishes to any and all that you are a Registered Skeptic. This priceless document will cause you to be called upon by people far and wide to spread the Gospel of Randi. It will be your job to stand up at marriage ceremonies and shout objections to the joining of the bride and groom; to point out to little children at the mall at Christmas that Santa Claus isn't real and that Jesus probably isn't either; to laugh sarcastically at gatherings of family and friends when someone starts talking woo-woo; and when people complain, you can show them your diploma from the JREF School of Skeptical Thought.

This message brought to you by Cardinal Pyrrho, Bishop of Cleveland, Holy Roller Church of Randi, under the auspices of His Holiness Hal the Blessed, and Saint Carl of Sagan, patron of Baloney.

SKEP-U, woo-woos.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Pyrrho wrote:It's true, you know. The JREF is a School for Skeptics. (snip the irrelevant)
Pyrrho :

The JREF promotes this as part of their goals :
Demonstrating to the public and the media, through educational seminars, the consequences of accepting paranormal and supernatural claims without questioning.

Are they educating or not?

Is this skeptical community related to the JREF , in some way ?

Are the majority of the members here supporters of the ideas of James Randi and the JREF or not?

Mr. Randi/JREF in the official page of the JREF said this

Is Faith something paranormal and /or supernatural?
Is Faith skepticism?

Are not they promoting, given their own example, to be a person of faith and also an skeptic?

Thanks,

Carlos
thaiboxerken

Post by thaiboxerken »

Relax , take a long breath and try again.

Stop breathing, maybe you'll make sense.

He is a skeptic.

It is a board for skeptics.

Some are, some are not.

I wouldn't know. Maybe you can take a poll. I do know that the majority are skeptics.

The JREF promotes this :Demonstrating to the public and the media, through educational seminars, the consequences of accepting paranormal and supernatural claims without questioning.

No shit.

Mr. Randi/JREF in the official page of the JREF said this:

I don't agree with his statement.

Is Faith something paranormal or supernatural?

Faith is normal, not paranormal or supernatural. It is when people believe in something without question.

Or Faith is skepticism?

No, it is the opposite of skepticism.

I don't understand that question, what does this mean?

Faith is often questioned, by the nonfaithful.

Yes, I think it is a contradiction as well.

It conveys a message that people's religions and gods should not be questioned. I don't agree with the statement that a person of faith can also be a skeptic.

Now , is your turn.
Don't forget to relax.

Fuck you, asshole. Don't talk down to me. I'm completely relaxed, in fact, I find it fun to insult you. When was the last time you had sex with your mom?
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

Carlos wrote:
Pyrrho wrote:It's true, you know. The JREF is a School for Skeptics. (snip the irrelevant)
Pyrrho :

The JREF promotes this as part of their goals :
Demonstrating to the public and the media, through educational seminars, the consequences of accepting paranormal and supernatural claims without questioning.

Are they educating or not?
Yes, they educate. It is an educational foundation.
Yes, James Randi, leader of the JREF, is a skeptic.
Yes, this board is related to skepticism.
Is this skeptical community related to the JREF , in some way ?
A complicated question. There are users here who also post at the JREF Forum. There are users here who are probably members of the JREF. This site exists because the JREF Forum will be eliminating parts of itself that it does not want. Other than that, there is no relation between this forum and the JREF. The JREF does not own this forum, nor does it administer this forum. The JREF itself has nothing to do with this forum.
Some of them are, some of them are not.
I do not know. Why don't you post a poll and ask them?
Mr. Randi/JREF in the official page of the JREF said this

Is Faith something paranormal and /or supernatural?
You have not defined "faith", but I assume you mean "faith in God". Faith is the combination of human emotion and intellect. It is neither paranormal nor supernatural. It is human.
Is Faith skepticism?
It is a personal decision. I would not call it skepticism; however, if a person has faith yet continues to question his faith, he is practicing skepticism.
A person may have developed "faith" as a result of skeptical questioning of his beliefs, thoughts, and outside events. Again, if one continues to question one's faith, one may still be practicing skepticism. This can be considered natural.
Some people never question their faith. This is called "true belief". Others question their faith, whether that faith is in God or in science.
That's pretty much what Hal Bidlack says in his article.
The consequences are that people such as you will complain about it. Also, that the JREF might not be seen as an organization that promotes atheism. which it isn't.
Thanks,

Carlos
Yeah, right.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

thaiboxerken wrote: Relax , take a long breath and try again.

Stop breathing, maybe you'll make sense.
Relax .
thaiboxerken wrote: The leader of the JREF, James Randi, is a self confessed Skeptic. Or not?

He is a skeptic.
Really? An skeptic that believes that a person of faith can be an skeptic?Hmmm.
thaiboxerken wrote:

It is a board for skeptics.
Nah. It is a board where pseudo skeptics also write.
thaiboxerken wrote: Are the posters of this board related to the JREF forum or not?

Some are, some are not.
Most of them are . The majority is related to the JREF forum.
thaiboxerken wrote: Are the majority of the members here supporters of the ideas of James Randi and the JREF or not?

I wouldn't know. Maybe you can take a poll. I do know that the majority are skeptics.
You are the pseudo skeptic that believes in polls.
thaiboxerken wrote: The JREF promotes this :Demonstrating to the public and the media, through educational seminars, the consequences of accepting paranormal and supernatural claims without questioning.

No shit.

Yours or them?

thaiboxerken wrote: Mr. Randi/JREF in the official page of the JREF said this:

I don't agree with his statement.

Why?

thaiboxerken wrote: Is Faith something paranormal or supernatural?

Faith is normal, not paranormal or supernatural. It is when people believe in something without question.

Another contradiction in JREF goals
And if FAITH is according to you something more related to believers(aka woo woos)....then there is a conrtradiction.

thaiboxerken wrote: Or Faith is skepticism?

No, it is the opposite of skepticism.

Then opposites are the same according to JREF /James Randi.

thaiboxerken wrote: How can faith and skepticism can be promoted as natural?

I don't understand that question, what does this mean?

Nevermind.It is already answered.

thaiboxerken wrote: How can faith can not be questioned?

Faith is often questioned, by the nonfaithful.

Are real skeptics nonfaithful?

thaiboxerken wrote: Are not they promoting, given their own example, to be a person of faith and also an skeptic?

Yes, I think it is a contradiction as well.

Yes , another one.

thaiboxerken wrote: Tell me the consequences of promoting this.

It conveys a message that people's religions and gods should not be questioned. I don't agree with the statement that a person of faith can also be a skeptic.

The JREF and Mr. Randi don't agree with you. And their followers neither.

thaiboxerken wrote: Now , is your turn.
Don't forget to relax.

Fuck you, asshole. Don't talk down to me. I'm completely relaxed, in fact, I find it fun to insult you. When was the last time you had sex with your mom?

Nah , you feel pissed off. A man "trained" to use rational thinking don't need to get that low.
You are not breaking any rule ..but.....poor pseudo skeptic of you.
Relax.And say hello to your mom. Give her a call , tell her how much you love her . She will feel happy.

Thanks,
Carlos
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

Pyrrho:

You forgot the "Secret Class!"

UFOlogy 410: How to Prevent Hundreds of Thousands of Witnesses, Film, and Vidoetape from Seeing a UFO Save One Deluded Individual

Details in your Decoder Ring. . . .

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image
MRC_Hans

Post by MRC_Hans »

I will make an exception and answer a Carlos post:

Carlos, there is no contradiction between faith and scepticism, quite the contrary.

To say "I have faith in this" means "I do not know, but I choose to accept this"; a true skeptical stance.

In contrast, believers say "I know this is so". That is not a skeptical stance because without proof, you cannot know.

Comprendes?

Hans
[i]Fly pretty, anyone can fly safe...[/i]
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Ha!

¿Comprende?

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image
MRC_Hans

Post by MRC_Hans »

Doctor X wrote:Ha!

¿Comprende?

--J.D.
Ahh, how do you make the upside down '?' ?
Mmm, I don't have my Spanish dictionary handy, but I believe "comprendes" is third person singularis.

Spanish verbs are a real drag, with up to 56 possible conjugations :roll:.

Hans
[i]Fly pretty, anyone can fly safe...[/i]
Loon

Post by Loon »

MRC_Hans wrote:Mmm, I don't have my Spanish dictionary handy, but I believe "comprendes" is third person singularis.
Only if you are being friendly. The relevant words for "you" in Spanish are "tu<--with an accent" and "usted." The former is the familiar form that would be used with "comprendes" and the latter is the formal one, used with "comprende." I imagine that Doc X would be keeping the ignored one at a distance.

However, I think you can also use "tu<--with an accent" when talking down to someone.
I guess there he chose to err on the side of more votes. -[size=75]Grammatron[/size]
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Indeed, and in Spanish Spanish, one usually uses the third person singular for questions unless you really know the person well--el hermano es su amigo.

Entonces, [Stop that!--Ed.] while the change in endings is confusing, it does allow you to know what the verb is doing with regards to time and who is doing it. With Japanese, you have no such changes for subject and fewer changes for tense. Easier to learn, but harder to figure out from context!

English does it in its own wierd way, but we like pronouns.

To make such wonderful signs as that or even ? goeth thou to:

HTML 4.0 Character References

Somewhere I have it for Hebrew, but it never shows up on my browsers.

Which means you can write .

--J.D.
Last edited by Doctor X on Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.