I think I'm about ready to fucking give up

Hot topics in delusion and rationalization.
shemp
Title: inbred shit-for-brains

I think I'm about ready to fucking give up

Post by shemp »

Back From The Dead
(CBS) Three months ago, Paula Maestas died while she was in labor with her second child, and then came back to life.

While in the delivery room at St. Joseph's Hospital in Denver, Colo., Paula developed amniotic fluid embolus, a rare and dangerous condition. In 90 percent of cases, people die. Only 1 percent of women who survive are neurologically intact.
Richard hit the floor when the doctors began CPR. The doctors initially thought he had fainted. But Richard was praying.

"I was going down on one knee. I didn't know -- I was helpless. All I could do was pray. They thought I was fainting. I said,'No. I'm OK. I'm just praying.' But you know, I'm thankful that I have God and that I can -- I have that strength, because in and of myself, there was nothing else I could have done," he says.
Paula says she views what happened as a true miracle, and learned that God will always be there for her and her family.

Her husband agrees. He also offers his thanks to the medical team at St. Joseph's. "I wish there was another word, higher up, that would do justice. Thank you just doesn't do it.

"They gave me back my family," he says. "Ultimately, God did it, but they were very quick to act. Within 10 seconds there must have been 30 or 40 people initially in the room and then all along the way, there was that many people, if not more, just taking care of everything that needed to be taken care of." Paula is back in business. She has her own insurance business and works part time.
Yeah, the happy ending had little to do with the doctors and nurses who used technology to save her and the baby. JEEBUS SAVED THEM! He gone and done a miracle!

So where was Jeebus when she suffered the embolism? I guess maybe he was out of the office, but fortunately he got back in time to take her husband's call.

I wonder how many people starved to death during the time the medical staff were fighting for her life. I wonder how many were killed in accidents, how many got murdered, how many had sudden heart failure, during those minutes. Because her husband tied up Jeebus saving her life, THEY'RE ALL DEAD! IT'S ALL THEIR FUCKING FAULT! THEY SHOULD BE TRIED FOR MANSLAUGHTER!

I think a university should do a double-blind study of this phenomenon of Jeebus saving people. They should throw voluteers off a cliff, and pray for their lives as they fall. Another group of experimenters should throw volunteers off a cliff, and not pray for them. See if there is a difference in the death rates. A statistically significant difference might prove that there is a Jeebus, and that he answers prayers.

And why the fuck does this woman run an insurance business, if she's so sure about Jeebus? Why do fundies buy insurance at all? If something bad happens, just pray! And if the person dies, just pray for Jeebus to make it up with money! Selling and purchasing insurance is a sign of a lack of faith in Jeebus!

I might just volunteer to be one of those thrown off the cliff. I am about ready to fucking give up on any hope for mankind.
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

"what dicking deep shit i produce" -- pillory

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

People are shitting themselves to death
Crap so much they fail to take a breath
But even when their kids are starvin'
They thought Trump would throw them Charmin.
hgc

Re: I think I'm about ready to fucking give up

Post by hgc »

shemp wrote:...

I might just volunteer to be one of those thrown off the cliff. I am about ready to fucking give up on any hope for mankind.
Jesus, Shemp! You need to take a chill pill. Do you get so upset when the sun goes down every night? Maybe if you read some of those books that attempt to explain the biology and psychology of human beliefs, you'll be better equipped to accept the world as it is.

Start with Shermer: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... 01-0283945
Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep »

I have to say I am with Shemp on this one. Except I gave up a long time ago. I think it was when those trapped coal miners got rescued a few years back and everyone, including the press, was blathering about how it was a miracle and how God saved them, blah blah blah, totally oblivious to the fact that it was the hard work of the rescuers that got them out (as opposed to divine intervention) and to the question of why (if God existed and was so kind) the guys got buried down their in the first place.

I pretty much said fuck it at that point, people are going to have a blind spot about religion, and credit God for anything good that happens and be oblivious to the question of why bad things happen (except maybe giving some lame stock answer like "God works in mysterious ways").

I can only hope that in the distant future, when we are extinct and hyper-intelligent cockroaches are the dominant life form, that those cockroaches have enough sense not to invent religion.
Loon

Post by Loon »

Nyarlathotep wrote:I pretty much said fuck it at that point, people are going to have a blind spot about religion, and credit God for anything good that happens and be oblivious to the question of why bad things happen (except maybe giving some lame stock answer like "God works in mysterious ways").
This only works as an arguement if you are dealing with someone who believes in a god who spent character points on the omnipotence thing.
Nyarlahotep wrote:I can only hope that in the distant future, when we are extinct and hyper-intelligent cockroaches are the dominant life form, that those cockroaches have enough sense not to invent religion.
They will have a dark cult based on RAID commercials and D-Con ads. They shall fear Mohammed Ali.
I guess there he chose to err on the side of more votes. -[size=75]Grammatron[/size]
Hexxenhammer

Re: I think I'm about ready to fucking give up

Post by Hexxenhammer »

shemp wrote:
And why the fuck does this woman run an insurance business, if she's so sure about Jeebus? Why do fundies buy insurance at all? If something bad happens, just pray! And if the person dies, just pray for Jeebus to make it up with money! Selling and purchasing insurance is a sign of a lack of faith in Jeebus!
Maude Flanders: "We don't have insurance. Ned believes it's a form of gambling."
"I'll have the roast duck with the mango salsa."