Countdown time. It's in the Bible, right?

Hot topics in delusion and rationalization.
Philip

Re: Countdown time. It's in the Bible, right?

Post by Philip » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:17 pm

I'd be more impressed if he paid back all the money given to him by the fools who gave their entire life savings or sold their homes.
scarlet_35: I'm feeling more and more like the world is a really fucked up place

DrMatt: Well, yes, it is, but that makes it a heck of an opportunity for unupfuckers.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue May 22, 2012 6:03 pm

One year follow up:
A Year After the Non-Apocalypse: Where Are They Now?
Religion Dispatches
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

hammegk
Title: Curmudgeon

Post by hammegk » Tue May 22, 2012 6:06 pm

A new super-pac commercial on Obama coming soon?

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Wed May 23, 2012 3:41 am

Oooh, just found another end times prediction on the Internet. And there's only a few days left until it arrives:

http://www.the-end.com/2008GodsFinalWitness/
The year 2008 marked the last of God’s warnings to mankind and the beginning in a countdown of the final three and one-half years of man’s self-rule that will end by May 27, 2012.

On December 14, 2008, the First Trumpet of the Seventh Seal of the Book of Revelation sounded, which announced the beginning collapse of the economy of the United States and great destruction that will follow. The next three trumpets will result in the total collapse of the United States, and once the Fifth Trumpet sounds the world will be thrust into WW III.

The Seven Trumpets of the Seventh Seal, as well as the Seven Thunders of the Book of Revelation (which the apostle John saw but was restricted from recording) are revealed in this book.

Many of the prophecies of the Seven Thunders are being fulfilled and will continue to increase in strength and frequency throughout this final three and one-half years of man's self-rule on earth.

. . .

As these events unfold, the world will increasingly become aware of the authenticity of the words in this book and realize that Ronald Weinland has been sent by God as His end-time prophet.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Wed May 23, 2012 5:26 am

Yeah, I have seen banner ads for this piece of dumbfuckery all over the interwebz lately. Too bad it isn't getting quite the attention Camping's nonsense got, because frankly I got a little bit of amusement from the confused dejection and backpedaling that Camping and his followers expressed when the world failed to end according to his prediction. I am sure i would get just as much amusement from these clowns.
Spoiler:
Quote Redacted by Section 31

ed
Title: The Hero of Sukhbataar

Post by ed » Wed May 23, 2012 1:17 pm

Anaxagoras wrote:Oooh, just found another end times prediction on the Internet. And there's only a few days left until it arrives:

http://www.the-end.com/2008GodsFinalWitness/
The year 2008 marked the last of God’s warnings to mankind and the beginning in a countdown of the final three and one-half years of man’s self-rule that will end by May 27, 2012.

On December 14, 2008, the First Trumpet of the Seventh Seal of the Book of Revelation sounded, which announced the beginning collapse of the economy of the United States and great destruction that will follow. The next three trumpets will result in the total collapse of the United States, and once the Fifth Trumpet sounds the world will be thrust into WW III.

The Seven Trumpets of the Seventh Seal, as well as the Seven Thunders of the Book of Revelation (which the apostle John saw but was restricted from recording) are revealed in this book.

Many of the prophecies of the Seven Thunders are being fulfilled and will continue to increase in strength and frequency throughout this final three and one-half years of man's self-rule on earth.

. . .

As these events unfold, the world will increasingly become aware of the authenticity of the words in this book and realize that Ronald Weinland has been sent by God as His end-time prophet.
Alleged tax evasion

On November 10, 2011, Weinland was indicted by a Federal Grand Jury on charges of tax evasion. It is alleged that he understated his income on federal tax returns, used church funds for personal use and concealed the existence of a Swiss bank account.[14]. Weinland admits that church funds were placed in a bank account in Switzerland and that his was one of the two names on the account, but denies that there was any tax evasion, and states that all funds have since been repatriated to the United States and used for church advertising.[15] Weinland disclosed to the Church before that account was opened, in the sermon given on December 28, 2002 titled "Planning Ahead."[16]
[edit]References
"Planning ahead" :lol:
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:26 pm

Retrospective:

Witness

Post by Witness » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:52 pm

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:03 am

They left out Jehovah's Witless.

Unlike Harold Camping they have perfected holding on to adherents (or at least replacing them) after repeated disappointment.