Fun Fundie Reading

Hot topics in delusion and rationalization.
Vic Daring

Fun Fundie Reading

Post by Vic Daring »

From The Truth for Youth.

So far I've read the one about rock music (Madonna Dahmer?!?) and Evolution (clams?...fecking clams?!?!).

Edited to add: The gay one is great!! All time classic line:
Jesus will take you just as you are, and he'll change you.
:shock: :lol: :twisted:
Victim of the SBN (Search Button Nazis)
Skeeve

Re: Fun Fundie Reading

Post by Skeeve »

Vic Daring wrote:From The Truth for Youth.

So far I've read the one about rock music (Madonna Dahmer?!?) and Evolution (clams?...fecking clams?!?!).

Edited to add: The gay one is great!! All time classic line:
:shock: :lol: :twisted:
I guess you never read the web site my uncle used for movie reviews (before he drank and smoked himself to death), it was something like www.capalert.com or something like that, from the 'Christian Action Project'. I didn't know Harry Potter was a satanic minion, and Rowling was corrupting American Youth, either!
Then Skank Of America could start in...
juryjone
Location: Just on the other side of the wall, you pervs! Knock it off!

Post by juryjone »

From the Rock Music comic:
Sick dreams are made of pleas
Moldy breath and schoolyard cheese
I think I like the Eurythmics version better.

Everybody's looking for something...
Quester_X

Post by Quester_X »

Once you've had Christ, you'll never think twice! :D
You'll all be mine, in the end.
Scot C. Trypal

Post by Scot C. Trypal »

Hey, it’s Jack Chick Light. All the absurdity with half the vitriol.

The gay one is great.

Though it would be a big surprise to many gay men and their loving fathers, it turns out gays are just folks who didn’t have a fulfilling relationship with their dads. So… they end up having sex with men, you see, to find fatherly love. Straight people have sexual attritions, but gays, they instead have deep menacing psychological issues.

That goes for the gay monkeys, penguins, and deer too. The poor beasts. If only their fathers were there for them, they wouldn’t be compelled to give into their sin; they’d be normal, healthy, happy animals...

Hmmm… My mom came from a coalmining town where most the men were working all day and in the bars during the nights. Most died early and nearly all adult men were greatly absent from the home. I’m sure that western coal town produced nothing but a bunch of flaming queens who never had a good pop-psych relationship with their fathers, and strutted about the dirt streets all day in their sister’s clothes.

Following this reasoning, I guess the “cure” would be to keep mothers from being too loving to their boys so they’ll eventually want to have sexual relations with women? :roll:

Still, the relatively tame tone is appreciated.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

You know, the Journal for Biblical Literature published a wonderful paper on interpreting the Leviticus prohibitions, and demonstrated that they do not forbid homosexuality, they forbid a position--"always better to give than receive."

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image
Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep »

"The Truth for Youth" :roll:

I do so get a kick out of the way so many of these religious sorts throw around the word "truth". The people responsible for this comic wouldn't recognize truth if it came up and bit them on the ass.

In fact, I am very leery of anyone promising to have "The Truth" about anything, since "The Truth" is a favorite word for propaganda merchants of all stripes (religious, political, etc.) to slap onto their lies.

"Truth" indeed, pfeh!
HarryKeogh

Post by HarryKeogh »

I was disappointed with the evolution one. It was basically the Jack Chick tract with better artwork.

How unoriginal!