Heathens' corner

Hot topics in delusion and rationalization.
Witness

Re: Heathens' corner

Post by Witness »

Evolutionists Flock To Darwin-Shaped Wall Stain

DAYTON, TN—A steady stream of devoted evolutionists continued to gather in this small Tennessee town today to witness what many believe is an image of Charles Darwin—author of The Origin Of Species and founder of the modern evolutionary movement—made manifest on a concrete wall in downtown Dayton.

"I brought my baby to touch the wall, so that the power of Darwin can purify her genetic makeup of undesirable inherited traits," said Darlene Freiberg, one among a growing crowd assembled here to see the mysterious stain, which appeared last Monday on one side of the Rhea County Courthouse. The building was also the location of the famed "Scopes Monkey Trial" and is widely considered one of Darwinism's holiest sites. "Forgive me, O Charles, for ever doubting your Divine Evolution. After seeing this miracle of limestone pigmentation with my own eyes, my faith in empirical reasoning will never again be tested."

Added Freiberg, "Behold the power and glory of the scientific method!"

Since witnesses first reported the unexplained marking—which appears to resemble a 19th-century male figure with a high forehead and large beard—this normally quiet town has become a hotbed of biological zealotry. Thousands of pilgrims from as far away as Berkeley's paleoanthropology department have flocked to the site to lay wreaths of flowers, light devotional candles, read aloud from Darwin's works, and otherwise pay homage to the mysterious blue-green stain.
https://www.theonion.com/evolutionists- ... 1819570078 for the rest.

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

Thank Sky Daddy it's an Onion piece and not a True Thang(tm).
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

Fid

Post by Fid »

Yeah, well, Phil Plait actually got Lenin.
http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/misc/lenin.html
... The stars were suns, but so far away they were just little points of light ... The scale of the universe suddenly opened up to me. It was a kind of religious experience. There was a magnificence to it, a grandeur, a scale which has never left me. Never ever left me.
Carl Sagan

Witness

Post by Witness »

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Has somebody actually proposed this? :)

Witness

Post by Witness »

Big picture, you'll have to click: https://i.redd.it/bi266amfhgj41.jpg

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

Jailed Pennsylvania ex-pastor arrested in alleged murder-for-hire plot

A former youth pastor has been accused by prosecutors of hatching a murder for hire plot at a Pennsylvania prison where he is serving time for raping and impregnating a teenage girl.

Chester County prosecutors charged Jacob Malone, 37, with solicitation to commit murder on Tuesday, according to reports.

He was accused of trying to hire a hitman to kill Calvary Fellowship Pastor Harold Lee Wiggins and Judge Jacqueline Cody, Fox 29 Philadelphia reported.

Faux News
When even the Jesus Channel Faux News cannot put a positive spin on it. . . .

– J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

"If you need ordinary people to do horrific things, just add Jesus."
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

Witness

Post by Witness »

Witness

Post by Witness »

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Witness

Post by Witness »

Something for Rob, the Jesusboard:

The specs are miraculous!

Witness

Post by Witness »

Witness

Post by Witness »

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

A trifle misleading.

If churches were taxed like other corporations they could still file their corporate income tax as non-profits.

Where the real haul for taxing churches would be local real estate taxes, and the beneficiaries would primarily be public schools not such thing as NASA.

Witness

Post by Witness »

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Albany Bishop William Love to face hearing in disciplinary case for blocking same-sex marriage
Episcopal News Service
[Episcopal News Service – Minneapolis, Minnesota] Albany Bishop William Love, who last year flouted a General Convention resolution on marriage equality when he vowed to continue blocking same-sex marriage in his diocese, was referred Sept. 18 to a hearing panel for potential discipline under The Episcopal Church’s Title IV Canon.

Love, who is one of an estimated 135 bishops and bishops-elect who are in Minneapolis this week for the fall House of Bishops meeting, was informed of the decision at about the same time as The Episcopal Church issued a late-afternoon press release on the update to his case. Love told Episcopal News Service on Sept. 19 that he was “thankful” that the matter had made it to the hearing panel, as he denied that he had done anything wrong.

“What I tried to do as best I can, by the grace of God, is to be faithful and obedient to that which I believe the Lord has called me to, even though it sometimes can be very difficult, and sometimes it’s not politically correct,” he said. Love also released an online statement in response to the news.

He’s only in trouble because he wants to be an Episcopal bishop.
Unlike a made guy he could just quit and get a honest job. End of trouble.

Witness

Post by Witness »

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:29 pm
He’s only in trouble because he wants to be an Episcopal bishop.
Unlike a made guy he could just quit and get a honest job. End of trouble.
Of course. But a "honest job"? Sounds like a lot of work. Better to open a competing god-shop. (Ultimately it's the IRS which decides what is or isn't a legit religion, right?)

Pranksters in LA:

Witness

Post by Witness »

Exclusive: 'Dead Sea Scrolls' at the Museum of the Bible are all forgeries

Months of testing confirm earlier suspicions that the fragments were made in modern times. What happens next?

Washington, D.C.On the fourth floor of the Museum of the Bible, a sweeping permanent exhibit tells the story of how the ancient scripture became the world’s most popular book. A warmly lit sanctum at the exhibit’s heart reveals some of the museum’s most prized possessions: fragments of the Dead Sea Scrolls, ancient texts that include the oldest known surviving copies of the Hebrew Bible.

But now, the Washington, D.C. museum has confirmed a bitter truth about the fragments’ authenticity. On Friday, independent researchers funded by the Museum of the Bible announced that all 16 of the museum’s Dead Sea Scroll fragments are modern forgeries that duped outside collectors, the museum’s founder, and some of the world’s leading biblical scholars. Officials unveiled the findings at an academic conference hosted by the museum.

“The Museum of the Bible is trying to be as transparent as possible,” says CEO Harry Hargrave. “We’re victims—we’re victims of misrepresentation, we’re victims of fraud.”

In a report spanning more than 200 pages, a team of researchers led by art fraud investigator Colette Loll found that while the pieces are probably made of ancient leather, they were inked in modern times and modified to resemble real Dead Sea Scrolls. “These fragments were manipulated with the intent to deceive,” Loll says.

The new findings don’t cast doubt on the 100,000 real Dead Sea Scroll fragments, most of which lie in the Shrine of the Book, part of the Israel Museum, Jerusalem. However, the report’s findings raise grave questions about the “post-2002” Dead Sea Scroll fragments, a group of some 70 snippets of biblical text that entered the antiquities market in the 2000s. Even before the new report, some scholars believed that most to all of the post-2002 fragments were modern fakes.
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/hist ... forgeries/

:mrgreen: