Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Hot topics in delusion and rationalization.
User avatar
Flacus
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:19 pm

Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Flacus »

Are there spirits?
User avatar
shemp
Posts: 7091
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:16 pm
Title: inbred shit-for-brains
Location: Planet X

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by shemp »

Yes, at your nearest liquor store.
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

"what dicking deep shit i produce" -- pillory

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

People are shitting themselves to death
Crap so much they fail to take a breath
But even when their kids are starvin'
They thought Trump would throw them Charmin.
User avatar
Witness
Posts: 33827
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Witness »

Where's Abdul?
User avatar
shemp
Posts: 7091
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:16 pm
Title: inbred shit-for-brains
Location: Planet X

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by shemp »

I just pm'd him. He'll be around shortly.
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

"what dicking deep shit i produce" -- pillory

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

People are shitting themselves to death
Crap so much they fail to take a breath
But even when their kids are starvin'
They thought Trump would throw them Charmin.
User avatar
Anaxagoras
Posts: 29072
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:45 am
Location: Yokohama/Tokyo, Japan

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Anaxagoras »

Flacus wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:28 pm Are there spirits?
Other than the spirits Shemp alluded to, I would say the short answer is no.

A slightly longer answer is that there has never been any good evidence that stood up to scrutiny for ghosts, spirits, or souls.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare
User avatar
Flacus
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:19 pm

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Flacus »

Abdul Alhazred wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:38 am Just got the N00B alert. Official welcome follows second post, if any.
.
Flacus wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:28 pm Are there spirits?
Maybe.

Could you explain in more detail what are spirits?
Spirit is our soul that survives after our death! When you die you will be a spirit. understood ?

User avatar
Anaxagoras
Posts: 29072
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:45 am
Location: Yokohama/Tokyo, Japan

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Anaxagoras »

Flacus wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:13 am
Abdul Alhazred wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:38 am Just got the N00B alert. Official welcome follows second post, if any.
.
Flacus wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:28 pm Are there spirits?
Maybe.

Could you explain in more detail what are spirits?
Spirit is our soul that survives after our death! When you die you will be a spirit. understood ?

No, that movie is fictional.

Any other questions?
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare
User avatar
ed
Posts: 40313
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: G_D

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by ed »

Why do you believe that? Seriously, have you seen one?
This space for let
User avatar
Flacus
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:19 pm

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Flacus »

Are you from the United States? I'm from Brazil ! First I want to know what is the belief about spirits in your country?
User avatar
Flacus
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:19 pm

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Flacus »

What is the belief in your country about spirits?
User avatar
Flacus
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:19 pm

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Flacus »

Abdul Alhazred wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:57 pm
Flacus wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:13 am Spirit is our soul that survives after our death! When you die you will be a spirit. understood ?
A N00b. Finally a Real-o True-lo to shake things up around here.
How did you find this place?

First order of business. N00b welcoming ceremony. :)

Image
.
And now to real business.

If "spirits" means disembodied dead people, there are no spirits.

Even the Bible says so. Ecclesiates 9:5.
For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
And when you think about it, the story of the witch of Endor (1 Samual 28) makes more sense in the historical political context of Saul's dynastic struggles if it is taken for granted that she is a charlatan.

Not that I'm a religious Bible believer, but it instructive that even in ancient times some pious people knew better than to believe in ghosts.


On the other hand people who aren't lying like the witch of Endor really do see sometimes see something that they think of as ghosts.
This is a phenomenon worth exploring.

But before we can get to that, you need to show some evidence that such apparitions really are disembodied dead people.
And a game of dueling movie clips won't settle the issue.
can name a few books about the belief in spirits! a link to download these books!
User avatar
Rob Lister
Posts: 23396
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:15 pm
Title: Incipient toppler
Location: Swimming in Lake Ed

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Rob Lister »

Flacus wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:23 pm What is the belief in your country about spirits?
Eu acho que você está nos trollando
User avatar
Rob Lister
Posts: 23396
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:15 pm
Title: Incipient toppler
Location: Swimming in Lake Ed

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Rob Lister »

No.
User avatar
Rob Lister
Posts: 23396
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:15 pm
Title: Incipient toppler
Location: Swimming in Lake Ed

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Rob Lister »

Your thing is creepy.
User avatar
ed
Posts: 40313
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: G_D

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by ed »

We are all creepy Rob.

We post on a forum fer chrissakes.
This space for let
User avatar
Rob Lister
Posts: 23396
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:15 pm
Title: Incipient toppler
Location: Swimming in Lake Ed

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Rob Lister »

ed wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:42 pm We are all creepy Rob.

We post on a forum fer chrissakes.
There is an epitome, and his name is Abdul
User avatar
Flacus
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:19 pm

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Flacus »

Abdul Alhazred wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:57 pm
Rob Lister wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:51 pm
ed wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:42 pm We are all creepy Rob.

We post on a forum fer chrissakes.
There is an epitome, and his name is Abdul
I'm willing to give all N00bz a fair hearing. 8)

Rob just wants to rag on them. :evil:

Shame on you, Rob. :|
Are you skeptical and don't believe in spirits? I believe in spirits. the spirits are only the souls of those who have died! when you die you will be a spirit will live in the spirit world and will be able to intervene in the physical world!
User avatar
Witness
Posts: 33827
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Witness »

Flacus wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:32 pmAre you skeptical and don't believe in spirits?
Yes.

Flacus wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:32 pmI believe in spirits. the spirits are only the souls of those who have died! when you die you will be a spirit will live in the spirit world and will be able to intervene in the physical world!
Proof?
User avatar
Rob Lister
Posts: 23396
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:15 pm
Title: Incipient toppler
Location: Swimming in Lake Ed

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Rob Lister »

Flacus wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:32 pm
Abdul Alhazred wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:57 pm
Rob Lister wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:51 pm
ed wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:42 pm We are all creepy Rob.

We post on a forum fer chrissakes.
There is an epitome, and his name is Abdul
I'm willing to give all N00bz a fair hearing. 8)

Rob just wants to rag on them. :evil:

Shame on you, Rob. :|
Are you skeptical and don't believe in spirits? I believe in spirits. the spirits are only the souls of those who have died! when you die you will be a spirit will live in the spirit world and will be able to intervene in the physical world!
It's ed.
User avatar
Flacus
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:19 pm

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Flacus »

Witness wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:36 pm
Flacus wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:32 pmAre you skeptical and don't believe in spirits?
Yes.

Flacus wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:32 pmI believe in spirits. the spirits are only the souls of those who have died! when you die you will be a spirit will live in the spirit world and will be able to intervene in the physical world!
Proof?

Do you only believe in empirical evidence from the scientific community?
User avatar
Witness
Posts: 33827
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Witness »

Flacus wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:46 pm Do you only believe in empirical evidence from the scientific community?
Your proof first, please.
User avatar
Rob Lister
Posts: 23396
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:15 pm
Title: Incipient toppler
Location: Swimming in Lake Ed

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Rob Lister »

Witness wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:55 pm
Flacus wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:46 pm Do you only believe in empirical evidence from the scientific community?
Your proof first, please.
lol. Some guy/gal from brazil that doesn't know how to define spirit asks,
ed wrote: Do you only believe in empirical evidence from the scientific community?"
It could be Robinson, but that would be an insult to ed.
User avatar
Flacus
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:19 pm

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Flacus »

Rob Lister wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:00 pm
Witness wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:55 pm
Flacus wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:46 pm Do you only believe in empirical evidence from the scientific community?
Your proof first, please.
lol. Some guy/gal from brazil that doesn't know how to define spirit asks,
ed wrote: Do you only believe in empirical evidence from the scientific community?"
It could be Robinson, but that would be an insult to ed.
can you define what spirit is?
User avatar
Flacus
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:19 pm

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Flacus »

How about some definite evidence that the spirits of the dead can affect the living?
maybe you will laugh ... but I will present a personal evidence
the spirits as they approach me cause yawns and goose bumps and a twitch on my left shoulder ... you may find it funny but that's what happens to me! I'm using google translator . If you do not understand, ask again! a video here from Brazil for you to understand! the pretty lady embodying a spirit!
User avatar
ed
Posts: 40313
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: G_D

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by ed »

Question: What sort of name is Flatus?
This space for let
User avatar
ed
Posts: 40313
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: G_D

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by ed »

gas in or from the stomach or intestines, produced by swallowing air or by bacterial fermentation.
This space for let
User avatar
Witness
Posts: 33827
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Witness »

ed wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:45 pm Question: What sort of name is Flatus?
Flacus, not Flatus. Flatus would be a wind or fart.

Flac(c)us was an old Roman family name, probably a nickname like "flappy eared". And there's flaccid in English.
User avatar
Flacus
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:19 pm

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Flacus »

Abdul Alhazred wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:57 pm
ed wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:45 pm Question: What sort of name is Flatus?
I think it's a nickname meaning "skinny".

In Spanish it would be Flaco[/u].

I told you what happens to me. did you read what I wrote ?
User avatar
Flacus
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:19 pm

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Flacus »

Witness wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:10 pm
ed wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:45 pm Question: What sort of name is Flatus?
Flacus, not Flatus. Flatus would be a wind or fart.

Flac(c)us was an old Roman family name, probably a nickname like "flappy eared". And there's flaccid in English.

flacus is any name to use here ok!
User avatar
Flacus
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:19 pm

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Flacus »

Abdul Alhazred wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:56 pm
Flacus wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:44 pm How about some definite evidence that the spirits of the dead can affect the living?
I'm seeing some singing and dancing in that video, but no evidence of activity from beyond the grave.

The dancers may well honestly believe they are being moved, but all I see are the moves.
did you watch the whole video? the girl begins to squirm ... writhing caused by spirits! watch the video carefully.
User avatar
Witness
Posts: 33827
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Witness »

Flacus wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:13 pm flacus is any name to use here ok!
OK.

Now how about some proof, not just "I feel the spirits"?
User avatar
ed
Posts: 40313
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: G_D

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by ed »

Witness wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:10 pm
ed wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:45 pm Question: What sort of name is Flatus?
Flacus, not Flatus. Flatus would be a wind or fart.

Flac(c)us was an old Roman family name, probably a nickname like "flappy eared". And there's flaccid in English.
Oh really I didn't know.
This space for let
User avatar
Flacus
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:19 pm

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Flacus »

Witness wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:16 pm
Flacus wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:13 pm flacus is any name to use here ok!
OK.

Now how about some proof, not just "I feel the spirits"?

my left shoulder ... as spirits approach begins to tremble ... is this not proof of the existence of spirits?
User avatar
Flacus
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:19 pm

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Flacus »

Witness wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:16 pm
Flacus wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:13 pm flacus is any name to use here ok!
OK.

Now how about some proof, not just "I feel the spirits"?
The spirits can interact with matter.
User avatar
ed
Posts: 40313
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: G_D

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by ed »

Flacus wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:15 pm
Abdul Alhazred wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:56 pm
Flacus wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:44 pm How about some definite evidence that the spirits of the dead can affect the living?
I'm seeing some singing and dancing in that video, but no evidence of activity from beyond the grave.

The dancers may well honestly believe they are being moved, but all I see are the moves.
did you watch the whole video? the girl begins to squirm ... writhing caused by spirits! watch the video carefully.
And this .... amazing surgery WITHOUT any anesthetic!!!!

Do you think spirits were involved? I think so!!
This space for let
User avatar
Flacus
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:19 pm

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Flacus »

ed wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:24 pm
Flacus wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:15 pm
Abdul Alhazred wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:56 pm
Flacus wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:44 pm How about some definite evidence that the spirits of the dead can affect the living?
I'm seeing some singing and dancing in that video, but no evidence of activity from beyond the grave.

The dancers may well honestly believe they are being moved, but all I see are the moves.
did you watch the whole video? the girl begins to squirm ... writhing caused by spirits! watch the video carefully.
And this .... amazing surgery WITHOUT any anesthetic!!!!

Do you think spirits were involved? I think so!!
This is fraud! but you cannot generalize. Can't say it's all a lie!
User avatar
ed
Posts: 40313
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: G_D

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by ed »

Is true. I know.
This space for let
User avatar
ed
Posts: 40313
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: G_D

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by ed »

You forget who I am little person :x
This space for let
User avatar
Flacus
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:19 pm

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Flacus »

Abdul Alhazred wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:07 pm
Flacus wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:21 pm my left shoulder ... as spirits approach begins to tremble ... is this not proof of the existence of spirits?
As far as it goes, you have convinced me that you really are experiencing something out of the ordinary.
I can't even completely rule out the possibility you are sensing something not otherwise visible (though I do not think so).

But trembling sensations do not prove that disembodied dead people are causing it.
And no reason to think so (unless you're inadvertently leaving out some details).
What about my chills and yawning or yawning?
User avatar
Flacus
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:19 pm

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Flacus »

Abdul Alhazred wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:07 pm
Flacus wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:21 pm my left shoulder ... as spirits approach begins to tremble ... is this not proof of the existence of spirits?
As far as it goes, you have convinced me that you really are experiencing something out of the ordinary.
I can't even completely rule out the possibility you are sensing something not otherwise visible (though I do not think so).

But trembling sensations do not prove that disembodied dead people are causing it.
And no reason to think so (unless you're inadvertently leaving out some details).
Do you accept books and websites and you tube videos as evidence?