Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Hot topics in delusion and rationalization.
User avatar
ed
Posts: 35578
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: The Hero of Sukhbataar

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by ed » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:42 pm

We are all creepy Rob.

We post on a forum fer chrissakes.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

User avatar
Rob Lister
Posts: 20922
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:15 pm
Title: Incipient toppler
Location: Swimming in Lake Ed

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Rob Lister » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:51 pm

ed wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:42 pm
We are all creepy Rob.

We post on a forum fer chrissakes.
There is an epitome, and his name is Abdul

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 76779
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:57 pm

Rob Lister wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:51 pm
ed wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:42 pm
We are all creepy Rob.

We post on a forum fer chrissakes.
There is an epitome, and his name is Abdul
I'm willing to give all N00bz a fair hearing. 8)

Rob just wants to rag on them. :evil:

Shame on you, Rob. :|
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

User avatar
Flacus
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:19 pm

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Flacus » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:32 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:57 pm
Rob Lister wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:51 pm
ed wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:42 pm
We are all creepy Rob.

We post on a forum fer chrissakes.
There is an epitome, and his name is Abdul
I'm willing to give all N00bz a fair hearing. 8)

Rob just wants to rag on them. :evil:

Shame on you, Rob. :|
Are you skeptical and don't believe in spirits? I believe in spirits. the spirits are only the souls of those who have died! when you die you will be a spirit will live in the spirit world and will be able to intervene in the physical world!

User avatar
Witness
Posts: 21871
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Witness » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:36 pm

Flacus wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:32 pm
Are you skeptical and don't believe in spirits?
Yes.

Flacus wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:32 pm
I believe in spirits. the spirits are only the souls of those who have died! when you die you will be a spirit will live in the spirit world and will be able to intervene in the physical world!
Proof?

User avatar
Rob Lister
Posts: 20922
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:15 pm
Title: Incipient toppler
Location: Swimming in Lake Ed

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Rob Lister » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:43 pm

Flacus wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:32 pm
Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:57 pm
Rob Lister wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:51 pm
ed wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:42 pm
We are all creepy Rob.

We post on a forum fer chrissakes.
There is an epitome, and his name is Abdul
I'm willing to give all N00bz a fair hearing. 8)

Rob just wants to rag on them. :evil:

Shame on you, Rob. :|
Are you skeptical and don't believe in spirits? I believe in spirits. the spirits are only the souls of those who have died! when you die you will be a spirit will live in the spirit world and will be able to intervene in the physical world!
It's ed.

User avatar
Flacus
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:19 pm

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Flacus » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:46 pm

Witness wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:36 pm
Flacus wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:32 pm
Are you skeptical and don't believe in spirits?
Yes.

Flacus wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:32 pm
I believe in spirits. the spirits are only the souls of those who have died! when you die you will be a spirit will live in the spirit world and will be able to intervene in the physical world!
Proof?

Do you only believe in empirical evidence from the scientific community?

User avatar
Witness
Posts: 21871
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Witness » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:55 pm

Flacus wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:46 pm
Do you only believe in empirical evidence from the scientific community?
Your proof first, please.

User avatar
Rob Lister
Posts: 20922
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:15 pm
Title: Incipient toppler
Location: Swimming in Lake Ed

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Rob Lister » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:00 pm

Witness wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:55 pm
Flacus wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:46 pm
Do you only believe in empirical evidence from the scientific community?
Your proof first, please.
lol. Some guy/gal from brazil that doesn't know how to define spirit asks,
ed wrote: Do you only believe in empirical evidence from the scientific community?"
It could be Robinson, but that would be an insult to ed.

User avatar
Flacus
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:19 pm

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Flacus » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:13 pm

Rob Lister wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:00 pm
Witness wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:55 pm
Flacus wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:46 pm
Do you only believe in empirical evidence from the scientific community?
Your proof first, please.
lol. Some guy/gal from brazil that doesn't know how to define spirit asks,
ed wrote: Do you only believe in empirical evidence from the scientific community?"
It could be Robinson, but that would be an insult to ed.
can you define what spirit is?

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 76779
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:27 pm

Flacus: Never mind Rob, he just wants me for himself.

Now on to the questions.
Flacus wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:32 pm
Are you skeptical and don't believe in spirits? I believe in spirits. the spirits are only the souls of those who have died! when you die you will be a spirit will live in the spirit world and will be able to intervene in the physical world!
This is not a single belief but two. I will split it into two propositions like so:

1) Life after death (as a spirit). I won't be picky about defining "spirit". It's the whatever it is that survives death (if it exists). Fair enough?

2) The spirits of the dead can affect the living.

I believe neither of these, but it is very common to believe the first and not the second.

For the purpose of this discussion, I would like to concentrate on the proposition that the spirits of the dead can affect the living.
That one should be the easiest to prove (if it's true), and then the first proposition would necessarily fall into line.
Flacus wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:46 pm
Do you only believe in empirical evidence from the scientific community?
Even that is over thinking it. I approach the issue from the point of view that the absence of evidence is evidence of absence.
So now your turn.

How about some definite evidence that the spirits of the dead can affect the living?
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

User avatar
Flacus
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:19 pm

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Flacus » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:44 pm

How about some definite evidence that the spirits of the dead can affect the living?
maybe you will laugh ... but I will present a personal evidence
the spirits as they approach me cause yawns and goose bumps and a twitch on my left shoulder ... you may find it funny but that's what happens to me! I'm using google translator . If you do not understand, ask again! a video here from Brazil for you to understand! the pretty lady embodying a spirit!

User avatar
ed
Posts: 35578
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: The Hero of Sukhbataar

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by ed » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:45 pm

Question: What sort of name is Flatus?
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 76779
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:56 pm

Flacus wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:44 pm
How about some definite evidence that the spirits of the dead can affect the living?
I'm seeing some singing and dancing in that video, but no evidence of activity from beyond the grave.

The dancers may well honestly believe they are being moved, but all I see are the moves.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 76779
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:57 pm

ed wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:45 pm
Question: What sort of name is Flatus?
I think it's a nickname meaning "skinny".

In Spanish it would be Flaco.
Last edited by Abdul Alhazred on Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

User avatar
ed
Posts: 35578
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: The Hero of Sukhbataar

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by ed » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:10 pm

gas in or from the stomach or intestines, produced by swallowing air or by bacterial fermentation.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

User avatar
Witness
Posts: 21871
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Witness » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:10 pm

ed wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:45 pm
Question: What sort of name is Flatus?
Flacus, not Flatus. Flatus would be a wind or fart.

Flac(c)us was an old Roman family name, probably a nickname like "flappy eared". And there's flaccid in English.

User avatar
Flacus
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:19 pm

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Flacus » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:11 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:57 pm
ed wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:45 pm
Question: What sort of name is Flatus?
I think it's a nickname meaning "skinny".

In Spanish it would be Flaco[/u].

I told you what happens to me. did you read what I wrote ?

User avatar
Flacus
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:19 pm

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Flacus » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:13 pm

Witness wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:10 pm
ed wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:45 pm
Question: What sort of name is Flatus?
Flacus, not Flatus. Flatus would be a wind or fart.

Flac(c)us was an old Roman family name, probably a nickname like "flappy eared". And there's flaccid in English.

flacus is any name to use here ok!

User avatar
Flacus
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:19 pm

Re: Existence of spirits! do not know ..

Post by Flacus » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:15 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:56 pm
Flacus wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:44 pm
How about some definite evidence that the spirits of the dead can affect the living?
I'm seeing some singing and dancing in that video, but no evidence of activity from beyond the grave.

The dancers may well honestly believe they are being moved, but all I see are the moves.
did you watch the whole video? the girl begins to squirm ... writhing caused by spirits! watch the video carefully.