The Decalogue--for Carlos

Hot topics in delusion and rationalization.
Skeeve

Post by Skeeve »

Doctor X wrote: For the rest, there is just too much crack-pot out there--"It is TRUE! John Kerry is the WHORE!! It is fortold!"

--J.D.
Oh, and yes, Mr. J.D. I do very much agree. I have done web searches several times on "Revelation", restricted or not, and I must say that some truly schizophrenic and neuroaesthenic material, material that completely exceeds my own somewhat vivid imagination, comes to light, or perchance at least exposure.
Then Skank Of America could start in...
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Doctor X:
Thanks for this thread. Anything that helps clear this type of thing up and help people understand is most appreciated.

Just thought I'd throw that in.
If you can't laugh, what good are you?

I thought I won't submit this...but who cares...let it roll. -Pillory
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

Skeeve & Nigel:

Thank guys!

I greatly regret I did not waste the money on a "bible guide" I found in a Witchcraft bookstore in Salem. This book made Strobel's apologetic pap and a Gnostic's "We have the Wrong GOD!!" seem positively sane. According to this nut--who was, apparently, a virulent atheist, the Bible was written against religion.

Fine. I love slapping fundis upside the head about child sacrifice and Junior's birthday, but I do think the writers were religious.

Anyways, my point is that in this clown concluded that "666" stood for "YHWH."

So . . . you can make Revelation say whatever you want. Whether it is valid or not is something else.

Oh . . . if you have not checked this out, do so: Apocamon

--J. "With the Guards of Magog Swarming Around!" D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image
Skeeve

Post by Skeeve »

Doctor X wrote:Skeeve & Nigel:

Thank guys!

I greatly regret I did not waste the money on a "bible guide" I found in a Witchcraft bookstore in Salem. This book made Strobel's apologetic pap and a Gnostic's "We have the Wrong GOD!!" seem positively sane. According to this nut--who was, apparently, a virulent atheist, the Bible was written against religion.

Fine. I love slapping fundis upside the head about child sacrifice and Junior's birthday, but I do think the writers were religious.

Anyways, my point is that in this clown concluded that "666" stood for "YHWH."

So . . . you can make Revelation say whatever you want. Whether it is valid or not is something else.

Oh . . . if you have not checked this out, do so: Apocamon

--J. "With the Guards of Magog Swarming Around!" D.
Why thanks again. I'll check out Apocamon tonight, it has that NSFW sort of feeling, as should Revelation.

Something to consider, Doctor X, if you and I (not that I'm anybody special) were to write a "bible book" I'll bet that people reading it might think that we were, in fact, religious, but just plain, gibbering freaks. Don't you think we might accomplish that if we put our heads together and put the satire into high gear?

I do recall many years ago someone I used to know wrote a fake Nostradamus quatrain, only to have somebody come back years later and insist that it was a prediction of 9-11. If people can go that far, I'd think that they could mistake the use of "sole" for "soul" as an allegory for the fact that it's the fundamental thing we all stand on, couldn't they?
Skeeve

Post by Skeeve »

Doctor X wrote:Oh . . . if you have not checked this out, do so: Apocamon
Ow, my sides hurt, JD, my sides hurt!

Please, kind folks, don't miss this one!

:twisted:

The Lion of the Tribe of Judah: Snortle

I need a bigger smiley face!
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

They do a wonderful job of the Anime'isms--"Quick, Hiroki!"

Wonder why Carlos never came by? I answered his question.

What afraid he is of?

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

Doctor X wrote:They do a wonderful job of the Anime'isms--"Quick, Hiroki!"

Wonder why Carlos never came by? I answered his question.

What afraid he is of?

--J.D.
I've been keeping him busy by playing the part of Pyrrho to his attempt at Socrates.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

He made the accusations; he suffers the consequences.

It all rather indicates that he and his lap-dog were never interested in skepticism or debate.

--J.D.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Bumped for Our Village Idi[Stop that!--Ed.] Interesting Ian.

Might as well . . . Carlos was scared off. . . .

--J.D.