Fatwa against the Wahabis

Hot topics in delusion and rationalization.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Fatwa against the Wahabis

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

No this isn't one of the "whacky" fatwas.

Nor is this a moderate Muslim site. But they are not Wahabis.

http://www.islam.tc/ask-imam/view.php?q=11949
The Wahabis, who call themselves Salafis, are a group who had appeared in the last few centuries and hold beliefs contrary to the Ahlus Sunnah wal Jamaa'ah.

They try to pull the wool over our eyes by affiliating themselves with the Salaf (Sahabah and Tabi'en) but in effect their beliefs and practices are completely in contradictory with those of the Salaf.

The Wahabis are in essence Mujassimah (anthropomorphists-Those who attribute a body to Allah Ta'ala).
Please read the whole thing before replying.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.
Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep »

I have no idea what half the terms mean in their grounds for rejecting Wahabiism. It sounds as if they are fine points of doctrine though. If that's the case I can't help but think of Red Dwarf where the Cats got into a holy war over whether they would wear red hats or blue hats in paradise.

On the other hand, given what I see of Islam in the news in recent years, it is nice to see a group officialy rejecting Wahbiism, which is one of the most fundamentalist sects of Islam, and IIRC, the one favored by most of the militants and terrorists today. Even if it is on wierd legalistic grounds.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Nyarlathotep wrote:I have no idea what half the terms mean in their grounds for rejecting Wahabiism. It sounds as if they are fine points of doctrine though. If that's the case I can't help but think of Red Dwarf where the Cats got into a holy war over whether they would wear red hats or blue hats in paradise.

On the other hand, given what I see of Islam in the news in recent years, it is nice to see a group officialy rejecting Wahbiism, which is one of the most fundamentalist sects of Islam, and IIRC, the one favored by most of the militants and terrorists today. Even if it is on wierd legalistic grounds.
Of course the Iranian mullahs are yet another heresy both to these guys and to the Wahabis.

I suspect if it weren't for the common enemy (infidels), they'd be killing each other even more than they already are.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.