Bronx schoolteacher's date with God

How can we expose more people to critical thinking?
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Bronx schoolteacher's date with God

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Bronx School Evacuated After Teacher’s Threat
A Bronx educational building that houses three public middle schools with about 1,200 students was evacuated by the authorities around 8:30 a.m. Friday after a disgruntled computer teacher claimed to have planted a bomb in the library — a claim that officials said turned out to be false.

The Police Department dispatched officers, hostage negotiators and bomb squad technicians to the scene, after the teacher, evidently angry about being reassigned because of a disciplinary proceeding, made the threat, the authorities said. The teacher, a union chapter chairman at the school, barricaded himself inside a computer lab, but he surrendered to the authorities around 11:15 a.m.

The teacher, identified by union officials as Francisco Garabitos, 55 and an employee of the school system since 1981, worked at New Millennium Business Academy Middle School, or Middle School 328.

An official with knowledge of the case said that Mr. Garabitos was a union chapter chairman at the school and had received a letter on Thursday informing him that he was being reassigned to a so-called rubber room — a term for classrooms where teachers removed from teaching duties are assigned — as discipline for imposing corporal punishment on a student.

The teacher barricaded himself in the classroom, saying, “I have a date with God,” the official said. Although there were no students in the classroom, the roughly 1,200 children attending the three schools on the educational campus were evacuated, and the police were summoned.

See? Nobody got hurt because God was protecting them.

BTW, that's the neighborhood of Yankee Stadium.
Last edited by Abdul Alhazred on Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

God is a Yankees Fan then?
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

DrMatt
BANNED

Post by DrMatt »

sparks wrote:God is a Yankees Fan then?
He likes to play Hammity now and then.
Grayman wrote:If masturbation led to homosexuality you'd think by now I'd at least have better fashion sense.