Evangelical Church Gets Approval For School

How can we expose more people to critical thinking?
grayman

Evangelical Church Gets Approval For School

Post by grayman »

Evangelical church application to set up new free school where it will teach creationism is approved
An evangelical church with creationism at the heart of its belief system has been given outline approval to run a free school.

An application by the Everyday Champions Church, based in Newark, Nottinghamshire, has been accepted by the Department for Education.

The church intends to teach the biblical belief that God created the world in six days, but evolution will only be taught as a 'theory'...

...'We believe that the Bible is God's Word. It is accurate, authoritative and applicable to our every day lives.'
:shock:
You will be electroplated. Resistance is potential divided by current! - Dr. Matt

Cogito, ergo Deus non est.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Re: Evangelical Church Gets Approval For School

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

You mean "evangelical" instead of CofE or Muslim.

Horrors! :BigGrin3:.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

Philip

Post by Philip »

Yeah, considering the undercover videos made in Muslim schools in the UK that I've seen, a school being creationist is a comparatively mild offense. My complaint if I were a UK citizen would be that religious schools receive government funds.

There are plenty of Christian academies in the US that teach the Bible as fact, and even public schools tend to ignore evolution to avoid controversy.

Several states have passed laws that mandate teaching ID in public schools or at least promote treating evolution by natural selection as less than fact.

Parents in atheist groups of which I'm a member have complained about teachers and even school principals promoting religion in public schools here in the Bible belt.

u
scarlet_35: I'm feeling more and more like the world is a really fucked up place

DrMatt: Well, yes, it is, but that makes it a heck of an opportunity for unupfuckers.

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx »

::cough::

Proud to be American.