You've got to be taught to hate and fear ...

How can we expose more people to critical thinking?
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

You've got to be taught to hate and fear ...

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Remember this song?

[youtube]-JjiaRJqKIU[/youtube]

But SCIENCE says otherwise.

According to the Daily Mail Image

Babies develop racist traits aged nine months, before coming into contact with other races

:o
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

Nyarlathotep
Title: God Emperor

Re: You've got to be taught to hate and fear ...

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Which shows that my ideas on what pieces of shit we humans are has some basis in science.
“Power bases are very dangerous because they attract people who are truly insane, people who seek power only for the sake of power.”

ed
Title: The Hero of Sukhbataar

Post by ed »

Nyarlathotep wrote:Which shows that my ideas on what pieces of shit we humans are has some basis in science.
It is probably an adaptive trait though.
I'll stick my neck out for YOU!!

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep »

ed wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:Which shows that my ideas on what pieces of shit we humans are has some basis in science.
Doesn't really matter why we so love to butcher each other, except maybe as an intellectual exercise. It only matters that we do.
“Power bases are very dangerous because they attract people who are truly insane, people who seek power only for the sake of power.”

ed
Title: The Hero of Sukhbataar

Post by ed »

Nyarlathotep wrote:
ed wrote:
Doesn't really matter why we so love to butcher each other, except maybe as an intellectual exercise. It only matters that we do.
disagree. IO don't think love has anything to do with it. In fact, it isn't always adaptive to kill. Sometimes, not always.
I'll stick my neck out for YOU!!

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep »

ed wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:
ed wrote:
disagree. IO don't think love has anything to do with it. In fact, it isn't always adaptive to kill. Sometimes, not always.
Look at it this way. When our ancestors were just a bunch of apes whose ultimate weapo/tool was a stic, sweet food like fruit were a very good and very high calorie (which was a good thing in those days) source of nutrition. We developed an instinct to seek those kinds of food out. We experience that today as a love of sweets. A love of food in general.

Like any creature that reproduces sexually, we have to have some sort of instinct that makes us want to actually have sex. We experience that instinct as a love of sex. We find it pleasurable.

We have an urge to get rid of other beings that might be competition for food and sex. Especially those ones that our brain perceives as 'other'. How do you think our brain is going to make us WANT to get rid of the competition, hmmm?

masaru

Post by masaru »

Nyarlathotep wrote:
ed wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:
ed wrote:
Look at it this way. When our ancestors were just a bunch of apes whose ultimate weapo/tool was a stic, sweet food like fruit were a very good and very high calorie (which was a good thing in those days) source of nutrition. We developed an instinct to seek those kinds of food out. We experience that today as a love of sweets. A love of food in general.

Like any creature that reproduces sexually, we have to have some sort of instinct that makes us want to actually have sex. We experience that instinct as a love of sex. We find it pleasurable.

We have an urge to get rid of other beings that might be competition for food and sex. Especially those ones that our brain perceives as 'other'. How do you think our brain is going to make us WANT to get rid of the competition, hmmm?
Sure, we have to be taught to hate someone. That's why I chose Canadians. Just pick your team and get on with it. :evil:

asthmatic camel
Title: Forum commie nun.

Post by asthmatic camel »

Uh. Let me get this right...9 month old babies can tell the difference between black and white, yes?

Who'da thunk it? Gotta be worth a Nobel Prize or something.
Shit happens. The older you get, the more often shit happens. So you have to try not to give a shit even when you do. Because, if you give too many shits, you've created your own shit creek and there's no way out other than swimming through the shit. Oh, and fuck.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

asthmatic camel wrote:Uh. Let me get this right...9 month old babies can tell the difference between black and white, yes?

Who'da thunk it? Gotta be worth a Nobel Prize or something.
They can tell the difference between mom and not-mom. :BigGrin3:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

DrMatt
BANNED

Post by DrMatt »

Projection.
Grayman wrote:If masturbation led to homosexuality you'd think by now I'd at least have better fashion sense.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep »

masaru wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:
ed wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:
ed wrote:

Sure, we have to be taught to hate someone. That's why I chose Canadians. Just pick your team and get on with it. :evil:
I'm a terible racist myself. Not that I am extremely racist, just that I am not very good at it because I tend to pick groups that don't exist anymore. Like those fucking Anasazi. Jackasses. And don't even get me started on those goddamned Phoenicians. :x