More fundie fun in schools.

How can we expose more people to critical thinking?
Vic Daring

More fundie fun in schools.

Post by Vic Daring »

Fighting the gay agenda!
Note to boys in the tiny Spurger, Texas, school district: Put away those high heels and pleated skirts. Instead, wear black boots and Army camouflage to school Wednesday.

A parent's concerns prompted the district 150 miles northeast of Houston to scrap its annual "TWIRP Day" -- when boys dress like girls and girls dress like boys-- in favor of "Camo Day."

*snip*

Delana Davies, a 33-year-old mother of three, said she contacted Superintendent Angela Matterson on Tuesday after reading a school notice about "TWIRP Day."

Davies, whose 9-year-old son and 4-year-old daughter attend Spurger Elementary, said she viewed the day not a silly Homecoming Week activity, but as an effort to push a homosexual agenda in a public school.

"It's like experimenting with drugs," said Davies, who also has a 2-year-old daughter. "You just keep playing with it and it becomes customary. ... If it's OK to dress like a girl today, then why is it not OK in the future?"

After speaking with the Liberty attorney, Matterson agreed to exempt Davies' son and older daughter from attending school on Wednesday. However, district officials later decided to scrap "TWIRP Day" altogether and replace it with "Camo Day," where students will wear camouflage clothing.
Victim of the SBN (Search Button Nazis)

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Re: More fundie fun in schools.

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Texas Women I Never Knew.

TWINK.

:P
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

RedShift

Post by RedShift »

Vic Daring wrote:Note to boys in the tiny Spurger, Texas, school district: Put away those high heels and pleated skirts. Instead, wear black boots and Army camouflage to school Wednesday.
:shock:

Uh. Should they bring their home made pipe bombs and stockpile of weapons too?
Random chance seems to have operated in our favour.

[color=red]If I wanted something your thumb touched, I’d eat the inside of your ear.[/color]

exarch

Post by exarch »

Vic Daring wrote: ...