Academic Freedom -- Abandoning all pretense

How can we expose more people to critical thinking?
JasonAristotle
Title: Soukous Manifesting Master!

Re: Academic Freedom -- Abandoning all pretense

Post by JasonAristotle »

A SHARED COMMENT:

Your analogy of using a "bread maker" to compare with consciousness is self-defeating. REMEMBER the break maker had a CREATOR!! It didn't come into existence all by itself BY ACCIDENT.

MY BEST POSTS ARE SAVED IN MY BLOG:

http://successwithintent.blogspot.com/

"WHAT WE CALL REALITY IS, IN ACTUALITY,

TAKING PLACE WITHIN THE MIND OF GOD

AND WE ARE THE TOYS OF THE INFINITE"

-Jason Aristotle

hammegk
Title: Curmudgeon

Post by hammegk »

first

Harikrish
BANNED

Post by Harikrish »

What a bunch of ignorant hypocrites. The professor was terminated for writing an article about dealing with Muslim terrorist. The university did not have any problems with America invading a Muslim country Iraq it wrongfully declared as a terrorist country aligned with Islamic terrorist.
If only the university had some knowledgable professors in the geo-political arena of the Muslim world such catastrophic mistakes could have been avoided. It could have voiced an opinion challenging the war as it did with professor Swamy. But they did not out of ignorance.
The same Harvard University produced a two time presidential candidate loser Mitt Romney who thought 47 percent of Americans were free loaders. And Ted Cruz who thinks keeping the government shut is a good thing. That is not a University....it is an American institution of disinformation.

Harikrish
BANNED

Post by Harikrish »

JasonAristotle wrote:
SHARED COMMENT:

The fact that I am more than willing to change my point of view and openly admit when I am incorrect makes me a superior human to all those who will refuse to do so, and we both know this is true.

That is the very definition of learning. Modifying behaviour in response to external stimuli.

The problem with skeptics is they apply the same schema to every situation, a schema they developed in early childhood to deal with the external environment. But they never updated it to deal with the adult world which is different than what they experienced in a limited way as a child. You will find this is one of the theoretical basis behind Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.