School Board Approves Biology Text Book Without Creationism

How can we expose more people to critical thinking?
Mulebear

School Board Approves Biology Text Book Without Creationism

Post by Mulebear »

http://www.thewbalchannel.com/news/4198629/detail.html

I'll have to give credit to Fark.com for bringing this to my attention.
I [img]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/mulebear/smilies/heart_icon.jpg[/img] Sonoma Bear

Recently someone accused me of being insensitive. And I thought, how did this fat bitch get her wheelchair up the stairs to my house?

Nyarlathotep
Title: God Emperor

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Must have slipped through the cracks somehow. I guess the cretins...errrr...creationists can't win them all.

But they can win most of them, unfortunately. :(
“Power bases are very dangerous because they attract people who are truly insane, people who seek power only for the sake of power.”

Mulebear

Post by Mulebear »

Now there you go. I try to bring a little light into the darkness and you slam it down with reality.

I [img]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/mulebear/smilies/heart_icon.jpg[/img] Sonoma Bear

Recently someone accused me of being insensitive. And I thought, how did this fat bitch get her wheelchair up the stairs to my house?

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Mulebear wrote:Now there you go. I try to bring a little light into the darkness and you slam it down with reality.

Spreading gloom wherever optimism rears its ugly head. I'm like some kind of pessimistic superhero.
“Power bases are very dangerous because they attract people who are truly insane, people who seek power only for the sake of power.”

Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Spreading gloom wherever optimism rears its ugly head. I'm like some kind of pessimistic superhero.
Captain Crybaby?

Commander Pissant?

Doctor Downer?
If you can't laugh, what good are you?

I thought I won't submit this...but who cares...let it roll. -Pillory

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Nigel wrote: Doctor Downer?
Ooh, I like "Doctor Downer".

Now I just have to design a costume.

Cloverlief

Post by Cloverlief »

Actually, we have taken to calling him Pee-foot boy at home.
Chani

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Here he is.....DOCTOR DOWNER! Maven of Misery, Opponent of Optimism, and Champion of Cynicism.

It's DOCTOR DOWNER!!!!!!

Quester_X

Post by Quester_X »

Did you use Hero Generator (I don't think that's the right name) for that? I don't remember the link... you still have it?
You'll all be mine, in the end.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Quester_X wrote:Did you use Hero Generator (I don't think that's the right name) for that? I don't remember the link... you still have it?
Hero Machine

I used the preview version at UGO. If I had waited until I got home, I could have used Hero Machine 2, which is much better

Mulebear

Post by Mulebear »

Hey, that hero machine is cool. (Talk about a major thread hijack).

Back on topic. It's really cool that someone had the balls to tell the creationist that they have no clue what constitutes real science.

I imagine that that guy looks like this.

Quester_X

Post by Quester_X »

Hero Machine

I used the preview version at UGO. If I had waited until I got home, I could have used Hero Machine 2, which is much better
Thanks for the link Nyarl. I had fun playing with Hero Machine a couple months ago. I ultimately got frustrated with it's limitations (like, why is there no RED in the demo version?)
Is Hero Machine 2 much more flexable? Limited or not, it's still cool and fun though.
You'll all be mine, in the end.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Quester_X wrote:
Hero Machine

Thanks for the link Nyarl. I had fun playing with Hero Machine a couple months ago. I ultimately got frustrated with it's limitations (like, why is there no RED in the demo version?)
Is Hero Machine 2 much more flexable? Limited or not, it's still cool and fun though.
Oh yeah, it's a lot more flexible. You can even make your own colors.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

I just read this and found it wonderfully appropriate. It is from The Economist's obituary of Prof. Ernst Mayr:
Mr. Mayr did well in America, ending up in the Alexander Agassiz chair of zoology at Harvard, showered with honours, and proving the fitness of his own genes by living for more than a century. It is an irony, though, that his adopted country is the one place in the developed world where the neoDarwinian explanations that he and his colleagues created are not the commonplace of the schoolbooks, and where many people prefer to cling to the campfire tales of Genesis, rather than face the awesome thesis that Mr. Mayr helped to elucidate.

The Economist, February 12th 2005
--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Questioninggeller

Re: School Board Approves Biology Text Book Without Creation

Post by Questioninggeller »

Article Not Available
The article that you are trying to view is no longer available through this Web site. The content is copyrighted by the Associated Press, which requires TheWBALChannel.com to delete its stories two weeks after they are originally posted.