Enzyte and nutraceuticals

We are the Borg.
Hexxenhammer

Enzyte and nutraceuticals

Post by Hexxenhammer » Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:22 pm

I'm sure most of you (americans anyway) have seen those commercials for Enzyte "for natural male enhancement". They really piss me off. So I found the website of the company that makes them, http://www.berkeleypremiumnutraceutical ... ealth.html. I'm surfing around, angrily, wondering what the fuck a "nutraceutical" is. Well, here's what they say on the website.
Nutraceutical is a term that was coined ten years ago by Stephen DeFelice, M.D., founder and chairman of the Foundation for Innovation in Medicine. Dr. DeFelice defines a nutraceutical as "any substance that may be considered a food or part of a food and provides medicinal or health benefits, including the prevention and treatment of disease."

More recently, the term “nutraceutical” has come to mean a natural, bioactive supplement designed to promote health and help prevent disease. Today, many nutraceuticals are available in tablet form. They are often a combination of natural ingredients and essential vitamins, and offer health benefits far beyond vitamin supplements alone.
But it's still just shit that can be found in food! Fuckin' gimmie a break! I saw those Enzyte pills at the pharmacy the other day. The box cost around $50.00. Jesus Christ. Eat some goddamn vegetables.
"I'll have the roast duck with the mango salsa."

HarryKeogh

Post by HarryKeogh » Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:59 pm

yep. "ask your doctor about enzyte"...that makes it sound official, they know full well most people won't because if you did ask your doctor about it he'd tell you not to buy it.

a worthless supplement for guys who can't get it up.

hmm, my first post here and it's about hard-on pills. shame on me.

Beanbag

Post by Beanbag » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:54 am

HarryKeogh wrote:hmm, my first post here and it's about hard-on pills. shame on me.
Look at it this way-- you started at the top, and it's all downhill from here.

Regards;
Beanbag
I fear no gods, because they don't exist, but I fear the fool that truly Believes.

I'm voting Romney this time around, because I've never settled for the lesser of two evils.

Aoidoi

Post by Aoidoi » Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:03 pm

The commercials piss me off for several reasons, frankly I'm surprised they haven't been shut down for false advertising. It's like the V!AGRA spam, only on tv. On the other hand, at least it's not those ridiculous silver bracelet things, or magnetic insoles, or any number of other crap products I've seen advertising incessantly.
"Skeptics," he said, "suffer from the skeptics' disease-- the problem of being right too often."
- Scott Adams, "God's Debris: A Thought Experiment"

Hexxenhammer

Post by Hexxenhammer » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:14 pm

If you listen closely, they're not advertising anything. "Natural male enhancement" is a meaningless phrase. Everyone knows what they're talking about though. The "this product has not been tested by the FDA blah blah blah" disclaimer is tiny and on the screen for about a second.

Next time you're in the pharmacy, look at the back of the box of any of supplements and then look at the back of a milk or orange juice carton. I bet you get the same shit.
"I'll have the roast duck with the mango salsa."