Fri May 08, 2020 1:45 am
I'd do it
The hole? :shock:

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Re: Cool astronomy photos

Post by Rob Lister »

Just the hole. I'm not a pervert!

Cute, young tourist photographer visits farm in deep south. Sees two young farmers leaning on their fence.

"Hey, can I take your picture?" she asks.

"Well shur," they reply.

She stands there fiddling with her camera for time on end.

"Whut's she doin'?" asked farmer 1 of farmer 2.

"Tryin' to focus," replied farmer2.

Farmer 1 was stunned, "Bofus!?"

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Looks to me like the photographer is wiggling the camera around. :p
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

Witness

Post by Witness »

Bruce
Title: Bruce of all Bruces

Post by Bruce »

Witness wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 1:49 am
Rob Lister wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 1:45 am
I'd do it
The hole? :shock:
Curiosity's already 'ader.

Sloppy seconds?
Such potential!

Rob Lister

Post by Rob Lister »

Bob and Carol and Ted and Alice decide to have group sex. But they want it to be safe sex.

Bob has a rubber, and so does Ted. Two rubbers between them.

Is it possible for Bob to fuck both Carol and Alice AND for Ted to fuck both Carol and Alice with just two rubbers if washing the rubbers is not an option?

shemp
Title: inbred shit-for-brains

Post by shemp »

Rob Lister wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 1:42 am
Bob and Carol and Ted and Alice decide to have group sex. But they want it to be safe sex.

Is it possible for Bob to fuck both Carol and Alice AND for Ted to fuck both Carol and Alice with just two rubbers if washing the rubbers is not an option?
This was on one of my third-grade math tests.
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

"what dicking deep shit i produce" -- pillory

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

People are shitting themselves to death
Crap so much they fail to take a breath
But even when their kids are starvin'
They thought Trump would throw them Charmin.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

I suppose it depends on what you mean by "safe". It's definitely possible to avoid the risk of either of the women getting pregnant. Just a matter of which hole to fuck.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Rob Lister

Post by Rob Lister »

Spoiler:
Ted r1 > Carol
Ted r1 > r2> Alice
Bob r2 > Alice
Bob r2 > r1 > Carol
You're welcome.

Witness

Post by Witness »

LOOK: Jupiter hi-res photo captured by astronomers using ‘lucky’ technique

Astronomers have captured one of the highest resolution photos of Jupiter taken from Earth through a technique called “lucky imaging.”

The said technique involves taking “very short” exposure images in infrared of the planet and only using the sharpest ones, when the Earth’s atmosphere is stable. The Gemini Observatory included one of the final images in a statement on its site last Thursday, May 7.

The said picture was made using the Gemini North telescope on Hawaii’s dormant volcano Mauna Kea. It also shows the warm, deep layers of the planet’s atmosphere glowing through its cloud cover, making it appear like a jack-o-lantern.

“The Gemini data were critical because they allowed us to probe deeply into Jupiter’s clouds on a regular schedule,” said Michael Wong of University of California, Berkeley, who led the research team.

He added that the new images rival “the view from space.” The new information also confirmed that the dark spots in Jupiter’s “Great Red Spot” are actually gaps in its cloud cover, and are not caused by cloud color variations.

The images are part of a multi-year program between the observatory and the Hubble Space Telescope to support NASA’s mission to Jupiter called Juno.
https://technology.inquirer.net/99275/l ... -technique

Rob Lister

Post by Rob Lister »

Comet Swan
VISIBILITY RIGHT NOW [5/13/2]

C/2020 F8 (SWAN) is above the horizon from Greenwich, United Kingdom [change].
It is visible looking in the South direction at an altitude of 59° above the horizon.
Given its current magnitude, C/2020 F8 (SWAN) is easily visible with the help of a small binocular.
See also C/2020 F8 (SWAN) rise and set times.
Go to interactive sky chart
https://theskylive.com/c2020f8-info

I have some binoculars around here somewhere.

Also:
https://twitter.com/c2020f8

Witness

Post by Witness »

Rob Lister wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 10:20 am
Comet Swan
It rains. (And the temperature is down to ~ 10 °C.) :x

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Earth and Moon through Saturn's Rings
https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap200527.html

Needs to be viewed full screen. 8)
Explanation: What are those dots between Saturn's rings? Our Earth and Moon. Just over three years ago, because the Sun was temporarily blocked by the body of Saturn, the robotic Cassini spacecraft was able to look toward the inner Solar System. There, it spotted our Earth and Moon -- just pin-pricks of light lying about 1.4 billion kilometers distant. Toward the right of the featured image is Saturn's A ring, with the broad Encke Gap on the far right and the narrower Keeler Gap toward the center. On the far left is Saturn's continually changing F Ring. From this perspective, the light seen from Saturn's rings was scattered mostly forward , and so appeared backlit. After more than a decade of exploration and discovery, the Cassini spacecraft ran low on fuel in 2017 and was directed to enter Saturn's atmosphere, where it surely melted.

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

Rob Lister wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 1:42 am

Of course. Especially if one is unconcerned about Carol and Alice continued good health. They won't get preggers, but they may come down with the assorted nasty rashes and occasional outbreaks, etc. provided Bob and Ted aren't the only men Carol or Alice have been fucking in an unprotected fashion. :)
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

Witness

Post by Witness »

This Citizen Science Gig Pays People to Match Space Photos

Astronomers at the Hubble Image Similarity Project are employing their out-of-work neighbors to help them train a neural net to recognize celestial objects.

Griffith, thus underemployed, perked up right away when her friend Jonathan Obermaier, furloughed from a local brewery, pointed her to a gig on their Hampden neighborhood Facebook page: Astronomers from the Space Telescope Science Institute, just down the road, wanted to pay out-of-work service professionals like her to analyze images from Hubble, Earth’s most iconic telescope. The analyzers would pore over pretty pictures and determine how similar they were to each other for about $1,500, at a rate of around $20 per hour. It’s called the Hubble Image Similarity Project.

And they are doing something for her in return—paying her. That’s in contrast with most citizen science projects, which rely on volunteers. It was a very conscious choice for the institute’s astronomers, as cutting paychecks has to be. Joshua Peek and Rick White, the scientists who founded this project, saw so many of their neighbors suddenly without incomes that they wanted to help out. Their own careers and funding are more insulated from the immediate economics of Covid-19, and the astronomers saw an opportunity to create short-term work for others while helping themselves.

Peek—whose family helped organize their block’s pandemic mutual aid group—felt like the aphorism “Think globally; act locally” applied to this situation too. So, for cosmic mutual aid, he says, instead of turning to the whole internet—where most citizen science work is sourced—he turned to his neighbors, “rather than people who are anonymous around the world.”
https://www.wired.com/story/this-citize ... ce-photos/

For the curious, the globular cluster in the article is NGC 1466. Details here: Hubble Explores the Formation and Evolution of Star Clusters in the Large Magellanic Cloud.

Witness

Post by Witness »

Everything in the Solar System: https://i.redd.it/zvbij5ozx0251.png (big graphic, you'll have to click)

Bruce
Title: Bruce of all Bruces

Post by Bruce »

Really makes it look like the Death Star took out a planet between Mars and Jupiter, don't it?
Such potential!

Witness

Post by Witness »

It's actually called the Seagull Nebula, but so many people say it looks like the Phoenix.

IC 2177 is an H II region of nebulosity centered on the Be star HD 53367. This nebula was discovered by Welsh amateur astronomer Isaac Roberts and was described by him as "pretty bright, extremely large, irregularly round, very diffuse."

It is 3,600 light years from Earth.

This nebula is captured with narrowband filters to help battle against light pollution in the Detroit area and processed in the Hubble Palette.
Source & technical details: https://old.reddit.com/r/interestingasf ... ix_nebula/

Witness

Post by Witness »

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

France has better wine.