The most efficient method of wiping out humanity?

We are the Borg.
Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Re: The most efficient method of wiping out humanity?

Post by Rob Lister »

Bearguin wrote:Why don't you just all accept I am right and it's robots.
I'm not hating the idea.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

Apparently some do not know the differences between the Ebola strains.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

clarsct

Post by clarsct »

Infectious, self replicating nanobots. Including a learning algorithm.

Be sure you infect Madagascar first, or you will fail.

Other than that, a fungus that is right at home inside the human body.
When Religion becomes State, and breaking the Law becomes a Sin, then Dissenters will become Heretics.

"Reading other people's opinions is a good way to avoid thinking." --My Wife

Rob Lister

Post by Rob Lister »

I'm siding with airborn Ebola vectors followed up by salting crop fields with nuclear waste and then finally nanobots to mop up the straggler renegades.

We need to nail this down folks. Bruce has to bone up on bio-chem processes and I have glassware to source.

DrMatt
BANNED

Post by DrMatt »

The cheapest way of wiping out humanity is to just wait.
Grayman wrote:If masturbation led to homosexuality you'd think by now I'd at least have better fashion sense.

-FX-

Post by -FX- »

You want it cheap or you want it fast?
Mostly Harmless

Bearguin
Title: Thankless Bastard!

Post by Bearguin »

Rob Lister wrote:I'm siding with airborn Ebola vectors followed up by salting crop fields with nuclear waste and then finally nanobots to mop up the straggler renegades.

We need to nail this down folks. Bruce has to bone up on bio-chem processes and I have glassware to source.
So, no to leaving animals alive then?

hammegk
Title: Curmudgeon

Post by hammegk »

Rob Lister wrote:
hammegk wrote:
Doctor X wrote:Make ebola airborne.

--J.D.
Marburg reston already was. Just dumb luck the reston strain only killed monkeys.

Weaponized anthrax is my choice.
Poor choice. Kills mammals generally.
Got to make niches for roaches to evolve into.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Engineer an airborne virus that doesn't kill or even incapacitate it's host, but merely renders the host sterile. This would enable it to be easily spread (since every host survives long enough to infect many others) and would kill off humans in a generation. No proprty damage and properly engineered it would be unlikely to jump species and kill off any animals.

Rob Lister

Post by Rob Lister »

Nyarlathotep wrote:Engineer an airborne virus that doesn't kill or even incapacitate it's host, but merely renders the host sterile. This would enable it to be easily spread (since every host survives long enough to infect many others) and would kill off humans in a generation. No proprty damage and properly engineered it would be unlikely to jump species and kill off any animals.
OMG! You're plagiarizing FX.

Or perhaps he is dead and you're channeling him!

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Rob Lister wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:Engineer an airborne virus that doesn't kill or even incapacitate it's host, but merely renders the host sterile. This would enable it to be easily spread (since every host survives long enough to infect many others) and would kill off humans in a generation. No proprty damage and properly engineered it would be unlikely to jump species and kill off any animals.
OMG! You're plagiarizing FX.

Or perhaps he is dead and you're channeling him!
Actually, I only skimmed the replies before me and missed his. I think my variation would be more effective, since it would require no voluntary action on anyone's part and would likely do its damage before anyone noticed. If I was plagaraizing anyone, I was plagiarizing a theory I heard for the sterility in the movie Children of Men

I was going to plagiarize Frank Herbert's The White Plague and mention a fatal virus designed to affect only one gender but capable of being carried by both. But I realized that would have the same limitations as nearly any other fatall viral outbreak in being containable and, in fact, self containing if it kills the host quickly enough.

-FX-

Post by -FX- »

Nyarlathotep wrote: I was going to plagiarize Frank Herbert's The White Plague and mention a fatal virus designed to affect only one gender but capable of being carried by both. But I realized that would have the same limitations as nearly any other fatall viral outbreak in being containable and, in fact, self containing if it kills the host quickly enough.
I'm starting to really like you.

That Herbert novel was fucking outrageous. They should make a movie based on it.
Mostly Harmless

Rob Lister

Post by Rob Lister »

Rob Lister wrote:I'm siding with airborn Ebola vectors followed up by salting crop fields with nuclear waste and then finally nanobots to mop up the straggler renegades.

Just a team status update and pep talk.

We had some missteps getting that ebola vector airborne but everyone stuck with it and pushed through those roadblocks. Kudos especially to Bruce's group. Our West African test bed is yielding some excellent experimental data and as soon as we firm up the delivery methods [Anax, where is your team with this?], we'll be ready for world-wide deployment.

Oh, and I wanted to personally recognize Naryl's contribution: your idea of setting up street venders to sell tainted bleach to the stricken test communities as a means of partially funding this endeavor was ingenious. You can expect a little something extra in your next check.

[youtube]BhaikI_5DoI[/youtube]

One more thing: I don't want to end this talk on a down note but for those of you that are trying to expense the use of prostitutes and justifying it as vector analysis, I'm denying those line items. I'm not pointing anyone out specifically, Witness, but let's keep those expense reports legit.
Last edited by Rob Lister on Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ed
Title: G_D

Post by ed »

Doctor X wrote:Make ebola airborne.

--J.D.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/worl ... a/7214213/

:shock:
About that stereo

ed
Title: G_D

Post by ed »

Rob Lister wrote:

Just a team status update and pep talk.

We had some missteps getting that ebola vector airborne but everyone stuck with it and pushed through those roadblocks. Kudos especially to Bruce's group. Our West African test bed is yielding some excellent experimental data and as soon as we firm up the delivery methods [Anax, where is your team with this?], we'll be ready for world-wide deployment.

Oh, and I wanted to personally recognize Naryl's contribution: your idea of setting up street venders to sell tainted bleach to the stricken test communities as a means of partially funding this endeavor was ingenious. You can expect a little something extra in your next check.

[youtube]BhaikI_5DoI[/youtube]

One more thing: I don't want to end this talk on a down note but for those of you that are trying to expense the use of prostitutes and justifying it as vector analysis, I'm denying those line items. I'm not pointing anyone out specifically, Witness, but let's keep those expense reports legit.
Note from the field team.
if this report is true "Authorities suspect it was transmitted to humans in Guinea through contaminated bat meat" we need to rethink the vector introduction strategy (VIS). Seems to me that we need to get some euro trash chef to popularize bat meat on a tv show.
About that stereo

hammegk
Title: Curmudgeon

Post by hammegk »

Yellowstone is grumbling, nothing else will be needed if it supervolcanos.

Witness

Post by Witness »

Rob Lister wrote:One more thing: I don't want to end this talk on a down note but for those of you that are trying to expense the use of prostitutes and justifying it as vector analysis, I'm denying those line items. I'm not pointing anyone out specifically, Witness, but let's keep those expense reports legit.
But, Boss, as per your memoranda 425.b rel. 3 and 709.c rel. 1, and our research team's Field Guide III (rev. 4), p. 451, note d, boosting spread efficiency was, and remains, a triple-star priority!
I must say I am disappointed, having worked hard without consideration for my personal safety, to see my ground-breaking field research tarnished by petty accounting quibbles. But such backstabbing, from people sitting safely at their office desks – I won't name anybody, suffice to look at this thread – can't really surprise me: they have lost contact with reality for quite some time now. Advocating batshitmeat, crazy!

Miles
Title: Kilometre's half-brother

Post by Miles »

Should be possible if said virus possesses inhibitor proteins on the coat which bind to the progesterone receptors (a viral contraceptive, in short.) It's more plausible than ''chemtrails.'' :P
I'm allergic to woo. I break out into rant. --Miles B. 07/04/2014

AHHHHHH, SHADAP!!!!! -- JasonAristotle 07/04/2014

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

Then it would kill you as well.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Miles
Title: Kilometre's half-brother

Post by Miles »

Doctor X wrote:Then it would kill you as well.

--J.D.

In which case, Flounder shall be my first test subject.

(Yes, everyone would be sterile, but it should be fairly species-specific -- reproductive systems are quite varied among different animals, hence it should not pose a danger to other species or threaten the environment like a nuclear warhead would.)
I'm allergic to woo. I break out into rant. --Miles B. 07/04/2014

AHHHHHH, SHADAP!!!!! -- JasonAristotle 07/04/2014