We are the Borg.
- Posts: 73414
- Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
- Title: Yes, that one.
- Location: Chicago
It's been a while, but IIRC that's the back story to Harlan Ellison's I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream.
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale
- Posts: 18882
- Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm
https://www.businessinsider.com/pepsico ... &r=US&IR=TPepsiCo is laying off corporate employees as the company commits to millions of dollars in severance pay, restructuring, and 'relentlessly automating'
- PepsiCo has kicked off a round of layoffs affecting employees in several offices, two people who were laid off by the company told Business Insider.
- The company announced in a quarterly earnings call last week that it expected to incur $2.5 billion in restructuring costs through 2023, with 70% of charges linked to severance and other employee costs.
- Roughly $800 million of the $2.5 billion is expected to affect 2019 results.
- PepsiCo also recently announced plans to restructure the organization and "relentlessly" invest in automation.