Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

We are the Borg.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Re: Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Latest from National Review. Yes that is the exact headline.

Did the Cell Phones in the Wuhan Institute of Virology Go Dark for 17 Days?
Rarely do you see a network put so much effort into downplaying their own potential scoop as NBC News does here:
  • A private analysis of cellphone location data purports to show that a high-security Wuhan laboratory studying coronaviruses shut down in October, three sources briefed on the matter told NBC News. U.S. spy agencies are reviewing the document, but intelligence analysts examined and couldn’t confirm a similar theory previously, two senior officials say.

Finally, if there was some sort of hazardous event that made everyone leave the “high security portion” of the Wuhan Institute of Virology in October, that event may have been driven by something hazardous that was completely different from SARS-CoV-2. That said, if the WIV had a separate, unrelated, serious accident in October, it would be further evidence to refute the never-that-plausible “the Chinese researchers were simply too diligent and professional to ever have an accidental release of a virus from their facilities” argument.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Hmmm. 17 days? Where have I heard that before? :notsure:

This other one in National Review is also worth a read:

An Unnerving Review of Accidents in High-Level Labs Handling Viruses
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

robinson
Title: Nice guy

Post by robinson »

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ "

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor."

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

robinson

Post by robinson »

Assuming those numbers are correct, there is something very odd going on
♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ "

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor."

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

ed
Title: G_D

Post by ed »

What was Atheist gassing about re. Sweden? That they were all dieing or something?
About that stereo

robinson

Post by robinson »

I looked into this, and it seems Sweden did a lot to stop the spread, it’s not as if they did nothing. They just didn’t force everyone to stay home and force businesses to close. Mostly tried to protect those at risk
♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ "

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

ed

Post by ed »

But they fucked up nursing homes, correct? Weren't 90% of their deaths among 70+ people?
About that stereo

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

ed wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 1:53 pm
But they fucked up nursing homes, correct? Weren't 90% of their deaths among 70+ people?
That might be a feechur, if you get my drift.

The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

ed wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 1:45 pm
What was Atheist gassing about re. Sweden? That they were all dieing or something?
Fuck me days, you're so fucking thick you don't even know how to spell "dying".

And I didn't say they were all dying, I pointed out - on many occasions - how Robinson and his Swedish doctor were cherry-picking the suspect data.

Their official numbers show a distinct history of much lower counts for 2 or 3 days on a 7-day cycle. Those cycles neatly coincide with weekends.

Let's take a look in a couple of days, when normal service and deaths will resume. Plus, you've already had evidence they've had an awful lot of excess deaths.

Another amazing coincidence, eh? That all those extra deaths - 34% above normal for the time of year - are happening at the same time as a worldwide epidemic of a disease known to kill quite a lot of people.

Probably bad oysters or something...
Jeff Wagg, Communication and Outreach Manager for the James Randi Educational Foundation posted:

"It is my job to inform other JREF employees about people who wish to do the JREF harm, and you [The Atheist] are one of those.

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx »

robinson wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 1:49 pm
I looked into this, and it seems Sweden did a lot to stop the spread, it’s not as if they did nothing. They just didn’t force everyone to stay home and force businesses to close. Mostly tried to protect those at risk
The Czech Republic solution was... "everyone put on a mask, make them from shirts if you have to".

Guess who didn't turn into New Italy either?

You could say the Czech Republic implemented the actual South Korean model which is also the Taiwan and Hong Kong model. "put on a mask and wash your fucking hands".

This didn't have to be a big dot deal.

corplinx

Post by corplinx »

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 4:52 pm
Latest from National Review. Yes that is the exact headline.

Did the Cell Phones in the Wuhan Institute of Virology Go Dark for 17 Days?
Rarely do you see a network put so much effort into downplaying their own potential scoop as NBC News does here:
  • A private analysis of cellphone location data purports to show that a high-security Wuhan laboratory studying coronaviruses shut down in October, three sources briefed on the matter told NBC News. U.S. spy agencies are reviewing the document, but intelligence analysts examined and couldn’t confirm a similar theory previously, two senior officials say.

Finally, if there was some sort of hazardous event that made everyone leave the “high security portion” of the Wuhan Institute of Virology in October, that event may have been driven by something hazardous that was completely different from SARS-CoV-2. That said, if the WIV had a separate, unrelated, serious accident in October, it would be further evidence to refute the never-that-plausible “the Chinese researchers were simply too diligent and professional to ever have an accidental release of a virus from their facilities” argument.

So you're saying....

There's a chance....

The bat sars epidemic came from the place studying bat sars?

Fuckin kook!

corplinx

Post by corplinx »

The stream of "not the lab" FakeNews continues. I think at this point it's a denier position to be in.

corplinx

Post by corplinx »

I think the reason some 'experts' are lying is because they are worried about what happens when the public realizes how easy it is to create a pandemic accidentally while researching how to stop pandemics. They're worried about regulatory backlash.

ed

Post by ed »

The Atheist wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 8:35 pm
ed wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 1:45 pm
Fuck me days, you're so fucking thick you don't even know how to spell "dying".

I have always had minions to correct my spelling, seems I still do. Thank you. You may go now.

Just so there is no mistake
min•ion mĭn′yən►
n. An obsequious follower or dependent; a sycophant.
n. A subordinate official, especially a servile one.
Carry on.
About that stereo

corplinx

Post by corplinx »

Who wants to take bets on a vaccine with a lifetime immunity actually being developed for this? We have a great track record with vaccines for corona viruses after all. There's like 80 in development though. People said we'll have one by December....

False hope peddling for public confidence or is there actually hope in the unproven?

ed

Post by ed »

Stock price manipulation
About that stereo

The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

robinson wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 1:12 pm
twitter
Ah, it was this thread - Sweden's death total yesterday was their 4th highest and most since 24 April.

You were saying?
corplinx wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 2:56 pm
Who wants to take bets on a vaccine with a lifetime immunity actually being developed for this?
Zero.

What the fuck does lifelong immunity have to do with it? Does the 'flu vaccine confer lifelong protection, or is there a new one every year?
corplinx wrote:
We have a great track record with vaccines for corona viruses after all.
One of my first posts in this thread mentioned that very point.

However, with the exception of SARS, nobody ever tried very hard. There was no financial incentive to have a vaccine against the common colds caused by coronaviruses, so it's not surprising.
corplinx wrote:
There's like 80 in development though. People said we'll have one by December....
Correction: Trump said we'd have one this year. Christine Lagarde suggested it was possible, but made no promises. Every even slightly qualified opinion I've seen says we might have one next year.

You're pulling it out of your arse again, mate.
corplinx wrote:
False hope peddling for public confidence or is there actually hope in the unproven?
Impeach him again!

I think there's a very strong likelihood of a vaccine. The virus is very stable, has a clear path to block, and having had Covid certainly gives at least several months of antibodies, so there's no reason why it shouldn't happen.
Jeff Wagg, Communication and Outreach Manager for the James Randi Educational Foundation posted:

"It is my job to inform other JREF employees about people who wish to do the JREF harm, and you [The Atheist] are one of those.

corplinx

Post by corplinx »

I think the cautious approach is to assume the thing that doesn't exist, won't.

If we assume the worst case scenario and move forward, we'll be in a better place if it doesn't materialize.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Right wing site sticking up for Fauci.

Fauci is Not the Problem. It's the People Elevating Him to Oracle Status.
Townhall

However, Freepers not so charitable.
https://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3844773/posts

Witness

Post by Witness »

People Magazine, 1990.