Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

We are the Borg.
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Re: Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

Post by Pyrrho »

The "primary outcome" they'd be looking at would be, essentially, death rates.
Primary Outcome Measures :
Impact of multi-denominational prayer on clinical outcomes of critically ill COVID-19 patients in the Intensive Care Unit on mortality. [ Time Frame: daily until patient recovers and moves out of ICU or exits the study, up to 30 days ]
This study will measure the difference in mortality of COVID-19 patients who are admitted to ICU - given prayer vs no prayer as an adjunct to standard therapy.
The secondary outcome measures, yeah, multiple things, but that is typical for studies.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

ed
Title: G_D

Post by ed »

No difference in mortality so they will look at the other stuff. then the lousey stats start.
About that stereo

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

They'll look at all of it...and although their statistical methods might be valid, the premise is useless.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

The correct protocol for testing the efficacy of prayer is to pray in one hand and shit in the other.
Then see which hand gets filled first. ;)
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Wait a minute! Multi-denominational prayer?

Of course it's ineffective for anything other than ending up in Hell. :evil:

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

How do you even make sure nobody prays for the control group?
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

ed
Title: G_D

Post by ed »

or that they pray that god's will be done and the guy dies.
About that stereo

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Real Christians would pray for their salvation. :evil:

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx »

What part of "the bat sars virus came from the bat sars lab where they were modifying bat sars viruses" is so hard to understand.

robinson
Title: Nice guy

Post by robinson »

“They” will never ever admit anything ever came out of a lab. In the entire history of man, nothing bad has ever escaped from a lab
♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ "

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor."

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

corplinx wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 4:54 pm
What part of "the bat sars virus came from the bat sars lab where they were modifying bat sars viruses" is so hard to understand.
And which lab is that?

Funny that you seem so sure of this but you can't even tell me what lab you're talking about.
William Shakespeare

corplinx

Post by corplinx »

Or maybe I dont just care enough to google the name for you?

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Uh-huh. You'd rather not talk about it. Fine, I wanted to have a serious discussion about it, but I can't make you defend your position if you don't want to.

I'll do the Googling for you.
There's the Wuhan Centre for Disease Control and the Wuhan Institute of Virology. Which one did the disease escape from?
Links:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_C ... Prevention
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wuhan_Ins ... f_Virology
William Shakespeare

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

First small scale antibodies test study in Tokyo:

Study finds virus antibodies in 0.6% of Tokyoites, higher than official infection rate

(Small sample size though)
TOKYO -- Antibody tests conducted by researchers to determine the state of novel coronavirus infections in Tokyo suggest that the number of cases in the capital could be many times higher than the officially announced figure.
But still less than 1%.
Researchers including professor emeritus Tatsuhiko Kodama, a member of the Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology (RCAST) at the University of Tokyo, examined 500 people's blood samples for antibodies. The tests enable researchers to determine whether a person has previously been infected with the novel coronavirus. They found that 0.6% of the samples contained antibodies for the virus on May 15.
If you do the math, 0.6% of 500 is 3 people. Hopefully there were no false positives.

On the one hand, it does seem to show that the virus hasn't spread very far and wide yet in Japan. On the other hand, that means that over 99% of the population is still vulnerable.
Based on this percentage, it is estimated that the total number of infections in Tokyo, which has a population of 13.98 million people, could be around 83,880 -- about 18 times the figure announced by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government at the time of testing.
18 times the official numbers, but yet only less than 1% of the population.
The research was conducted as part of a larger project by a council on the use of novel coronavirus antibody testing, which was convened by institutions including the University of Tokyo, Osaka University and Keio University.

Official figures do not show exactly how far coronavirus infections have progressed in Japan, as there have been people who showed no symptoms or only light symptoms and have already recovered without being tested.

The latest study was conducted with assistance from private clinical testing firm LSI Medience Corp. Researchers used residual specimens from 500 people who took blood tests at medical institutions in Tokyo on May 1 and 2. The samples were used with ethics committee approval.

Takeshi Kawamura, an associate professor in the Isotope Science Center at the University of Tokyo, and other researchers then examined the samples with equipment that can automatically measure the amounts of antibodies, and found three positive results among the 500, for a rate of 0.6%
William Shakespeare

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Financial Times coronavirus tracker:

https://www.ft.com/content/a26fbf7e-48f ... 5839e06441

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

corplinx wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 6:07 am
Or maybe I dont just care enough to google the name for you?
Meanie.

https://www.google.com/search?q=that+la ... ow+the+one

:lmao:

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

No need for that prayer study.

https://www.christianpost.com/news/geor ... virus.html
A Georgia church that reopened after shutting down due to the coronavirus has axed in-person services again in what they describe as “an effort of extreme caution” as several of their families have become infected by the deadly disease.

Catoosa Baptist Tabernacle, an independent Baptist church led by Pastor Justin Gazaway in Ringgold, Georgia, restarted in-person services on April 26. Church representative Joan Lewis told The Christian Post on Monday, however, that they decided to suspend “in-person worship services for the foreseeable future” on May 11 after learning several families had contracted the virus.

“Our hearts are heavy as some of our families are dealing with the effects of the COVID-19 virus, and we ask for your prayers for each of them as they follow the prescribed protocol and recuperate at home,” the church said in a formal statement.
:freedom:

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Let's not get hasty drawing any conclusions. First let's see how many recover compared to general population.

There was no claim here that prayer would prevent getting sick in the first place.
These are Christians after all, not touchy feely new age so called "Christian Science" types. :pound_head:

corplinx

Post by corplinx »

Pyrrho wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:11 pm
No need for that prayer study.

https://www.christianpost.com/news/geor ... virus.html
A Georgia church that reopened after shutting down due to the coronavirus has axed in-person services again in what they describe as “an effort of extreme caution” as several of their families have become infected by the deadly disease.

Catoosa Baptist Tabernacle, an independent Baptist church led by Pastor Justin Gazaway in Ringgold, Georgia, restarted in-person services on April 26. Church representative Joan Lewis told The Christian Post on Monday, however, that they decided to suspend “in-person worship services for the foreseeable future” on May 11 after learning several families had contracted the virus.

“Our hearts are heavy as some of our families are dealing with the effects of the COVID-19 virus, and we ask for your prayers for each of them as they follow the prescribed protocol and recuperate at home,” the church said in a formal statement.
:freedom:

Re-Opening is a process of loosening the controls and then re-tightening where needed. So it sounds like this Church made the right call.

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Ohio governor has lifted the stay-at-home order.

I'm hoping to WFH until after the second wave of infections.