Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

We are the Borg.
corplinx
Title: Moderator

Re: Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

Post by corplinx »

So we have a new study that didn't include Zinc and gave people way too much HCQ which induced 40% to feel like they had side effects.

It's almost like this study is a disinfo study trying to make HCQ look dangerous and ineffective. So it is incompetence, or malice?

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

Imma take Airborne, should be good enough.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

corplinx wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:38 pm
So we have a new study that didn't include Zinc and gave people way too much HCQ which induced 40% to feel like they had side effects.

It's almost like this study is a disinfo study trying to make HCQ look dangerous and ineffective. So it is incompetence, or malice?
You're going to see different results from different studies, because patient populations aren't homogeneous. These things normally take much more time than this, and multiple studies, before a clear picture of safety and efficacy can be established, and even then, whatever drug or therapy it is has to be watched once it's being used to widely treat people.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

corplinx

Post by corplinx »

You say that, but it seems like people are actively avoiding good methods. In the case of the study submitted to the Lancet, it appears to be actual disinfo versus incompetence.

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

I'm surprised that one got through Lancet peer review. Crazy. Something I might expect in a predatory journal.

Quality control in clinical studies is going to vary, that's for certain, but this one seems nuts.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

corplinx wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:04 pm
This is getting so tiresome. Why do they keep doing junk studies?
"Agenda" is only part of the answer. The definitive reason is funding.

It's not like there weren't big heaps of junk studies in more halcyon times.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

corplinx

Post by corplinx »

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Coronavirus: WHO advises to wear masks in public areas, reversing policy
The World Health Organization (WHO) has changed its advice on face masks, saying they should be worn in public to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
"We have evidence now that if this is done properly it can provide a barrier for potentially infectious droplets," Dr Maria Van Kerkhove told Reuters.
"And we specify a fabric mask - that is, a non-medical mask," she added.
The WHO had previously said there was not enough evidence to say that healthy people should wear masks.
The organisation said its new guidance had been prompted by studies over recent weeks.
"We have new research findings," said Dr Van Kerkhove, the WHO's technical lead expert on Covid-19.
"We are advising governments to encourage that the general public wear a mask."
At the same time, the WHO stressed that face masks were just one of a range of tools that could be used to reduce the risk of transmission - and that they should not give people a false sense of protection.
This is a big shift in the WHO's guidance on when the public should cover their faces.
For months, the organisation's experts stuck to the line that masks would encourage a false sense of security and would deprive medical professionals of badly needed protective equipment.
Those arguments have not gone away but at the same time the WHO acknowledges that new evidence has emerged on the risks of transmission.
Why does it take the world's leading so-called experts months to figure out what many laypeople figured out a long time ago?
OK, I get it. They didn't want people to hoard masks. But they wouldn't come right out and say that, instead they went with "masks don't work unless you're a medical professional".

BTW, they're recommending fabric masks not because fabric masks work better, but because they're worried about shortages. If fabric masks worked better than disposable medical masks, that's what doctors and nurses would use.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

corplinx

Post by corplinx »

That was my take on masking as well. I figured, "they're lying but i get why".

The thing is though, there weren't masks to buy. People had already cleaned the stores out.

And regular consumers probably don't have access to medical suppliers that supply hospitals.

Could it have killed them to take the Czech response? "wear anything over your face, we don't care, have fun with it even".

Also, second rigged Zinc/Planequil study retracted.

https://www.newser.com/story/291846/a-s ... acted.html

The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

Old news. Read the Oxford study.
Jeff Wagg, Communication and Outreach Manager for the James Randi Educational Foundation posted:

"It is my job to inform other JREF employees about people who wish to do the JREF harm, and you [The Atheist] are one of those.

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Opinion from someone who does know what he's talking about.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... his-happen
It is natural to ask how this is possible. How did a paper of such consequence get discarded like a used tissue by some of its authors only days after publication? If the authors don’t trust it now, how did it get published in the first place?

The answer is quite simple. It happened because peer review, the formal process of reviewing scientific work before it is accepted for publication, is not designed to detect anomalous data. It makes no difference if the anomalies are due to inaccuracies, miscalculations, or outright fraud. This is not what peer review is for. While it is the internationally recognised badge of “settled science”, its value is far more complicated.
Best to read the rest of the article.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Saw this news. It's a bit vague what they're supposedly doing to "sabotage" and there's no way to independently verify the claim, so grain of salt I guess:

U.S. senator Scott says China trying to sabotage vaccine development
LONDON (Reuters) - The United States has evidence China is trying to slow down or sabotage the development of a COVID-19 vaccine by Western countries, Republican senator Rick Scott said on Sunday.

“We have got to get this vaccine done. Unfortunately we have evidence that communist China is trying to sabotage us or slow it down,” he said during an interview on BBC TV.

“China does not want us ... to do it first, they have decided to be an adversary to Americans and I think to democracy around the world.”

Asked what evidence the United States had, Scott declined to give details but said it had come through the intelligence community.

“This vaccine is really important to all of us getting our economy going again. What I really believe is whether England does it first or we do it first, we are going to share. Communist China, they are not going to share.”
And that's the entire story.

I wonder what they could be doing? :notsure:
William Shakespeare

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

That is fucking bullshit and for obvious economic reasons. If we go down, they go down too. They're not that stupid. Small, and yellow sure, but not stupid.

" Scott declined to give details but said it had come through the intelligence community."

Fucking bullshit.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Unless they want to be the country that develops the vaccine first.

I doubt it's outright sabotage but could be something like not making available necessary supplies. Where do the syringes get made, I wonder? The companies may be western (or multinational), but where are their factories located? So much stuff is made in China these days. Of course we have the technology to make everything here, but they probably want to lower costs.
William Shakespeare

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Possible new kind of therapy:

Breakthrough close on coronavirus antibody therapy: reports
Scientists say injection of cloned antibodies could help treat people already infected, while vaccine development continues

Scientists working on coronavirus treatments may be close to a breakthrough on an antibody treatment that could save the lives of people who become infected, it has been reported.

An injection of cloned antibodies that counteract Covid-19 could prove significant for those in the early stages of infection, according to the British-Swedish pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca.

AstraZeneca’s chief executive Pascal Soriot told the newspaper that the treatment being developed is “a combination of two antibodies” in an injected dose “because by having both you reduce the chance of resistance developing to one antibody”.

Antibody therapy is more expensive than vaccine production, with Soriot saying the former would be prioritised for the elderly and vulnerable “who may not be able to develop a good response to a vaccine”.

On Thursday, AstraZeneca signed a deal with the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (Cepi) to help manufacture 300million globally accessible doses of the coronavirus vaccine candidate being developed by the Jenner Institute at the University of Oxford.

AstraZeneca has already started to manufacture the Oxford University Covid-19 vaccine to ensure that if it does pass human trials, it can be made available in the autumn. Trials of the potential vaccine have started in Brazil, a new epicentre of the pandemic, to ensure the study can be properly tested as transmission rates fall in the UK. The Jenner Institute and the Oxford Vaccine Group began development on a vaccine in January, using a virus taken from chimpanzees.
William Shakespeare

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Anaxagoras wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:19 pm
Saw this news. It's a bit vague what they're supposedly doing to "sabotage" and there's no way to independently verify the claim, so grain of salt I guess:

U.S. senator Scott says China trying to sabotage vaccine development
LONDON (Reuters) - The United States has evidence China is trying to slow down or sabotage the development of a COVID-19 vaccine by Western countries, Republican senator Rick Scott said on Sunday.

“We have got to get this vaccine done. Unfortunately we have evidence that communist China is trying to sabotage us or slow it down,” he said during an interview on BBC TV.

“China does not want us ... to do it first, they have decided to be an adversary to Americans and I think to democracy around the world.”

Asked what evidence the United States had, Scott declined to give details but said it had come through the intelligence community.

“This vaccine is really important to all of us getting our economy going again. What I really believe is whether England does it first or we do it first, we are going to share. Communist China, they are not going to share.”
And that's the entire story.

I wonder what they could be doing? :notsure:
The "we can't trust China" and "China created the virus" narratives conflict with the "China won't share vaccines" narrative.

robinson
Title: Nice guy

Post by robinson »

Here’s a conspiracy theory for consideration

(I just came up with it all on my own)

China in the lab was studying a lethal version of Covid19

They made a weakened version to use as a vaccine

Which is what was released by accident into China

Like the weakened poliomyelitis virus used as a vaccine it can revert to the deadly strain

So there is actually multiple versions, same kill rapidly, but most cause little or no symptoms, but create immunity
♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ "

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor."

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

robinson

Post by robinson »

Because nobody can ever admit anything ever escaped from a lab (anywhere, at anytime), nobody can ever tell the true story of what happened
♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ "

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor."

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

robinson

Post by robinson »

That thing about Polio is still happening btw
♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ "

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

robinson

Post by robinson »

The same thing happened with the smallpox vaccination
♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ "

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬