Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

We are the Borg.
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Re: Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

Post by Pyrrho »

Moderna has announced release of phase 3 efficacy data. YMMV. I am looking for a link to the data but chances are it's not on the web yet.

https://investors.modernatx.com/news-re ... cove-study
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
gnome

Post by gnome »

robinson wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:43 am So I picked up an MD, he runs a hospital, we talk about the Covid

Got the scoop on current treatment, and he confirmed what so many have said, the Covid was around a year ago, he had it. Lots of people had it in the medical world.

Lots more discussed, but fuck, will it matter?
I'm going to guess he figured he had Covid, not that he tested all these people and it was demonstrated?

Maybe it's so. But conclusions made without verification aren't particularly solid evidence.

I spoke to a retired Air Force guy, who was Really Important and ran a base, and he said Alien UFO's are real!
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2
robinson
Title: Pretty much dead already

Post by robinson »

"Lots more discussed, but fuck, will it matter?"
still working on Sophrosyne, but I will no doubt end up with Hubris
robinson

Post by robinson »

The one thing that was disturbing, is that the company that actually runs the Hospital (which has 45 covid cases at the moment), forbids testing of medical staff, unless they have symptoms. So this MD, who was in contact with people who have Covid, is not allowed to be tested, not for Covid, not for antibodies.

He said it's probably because if any staff gets tested and it is positive, they have to quarantine for two weeks, and the company does not want that.

Is it any wonder the US medical situation is so fucked up?
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

gnome wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:40 pm
robinson wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:43 am So I picked up an MD, he runs a hospital, we talk about the Covid

Got the scoop on current treatment, and he confirmed what so many have said, the Covid was around a year ago, he had it. Lots of people had it in the medical world.

Lots more discussed, but fuck, will it matter?
I'm going to guess he figured he had Covid, not that he tested all these people and it was demonstrated?

Maybe it's so. But conclusions made without verification aren't particularly solid evidence.

I spoke to a retired Air Force guy, who was Really Important and ran a base, and he said Alien UFO's are real!
No need to guess. There wasn't even a test last year. The virus hadn't been sequenced yet. He couldn't have had laboratory confirmation last year.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare (probably Socrates originally)
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Pyrrho wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:38 pm Moderna has announced release of phase 3 efficacy data. YMMV. I am looking for a link to the data but chances are it's not on the web yet.

https://investors.modernatx.com/news-re ... cove-study
I realize that this is a press release, and hasn't yet been evaluated by the FDA or independent scientists but if it all checks out, this is great.
Primary efficacy analysis of the Phase 3 COVE study of mRNA-1273 involving 30,000 participants included 196 cases of COVID-19, of which 30 cases were severe

Vaccine efficacy against COVID-19 was 94.1%; vaccine efficacy against severe COVID-19 was 100%
100% efficacy against severe Covid. That's the dream. We couldn't have hoped for a more effective vaccine than this.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare (probably Socrates originally)
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

The public advisory committee meeting that will review the Moderna data is scheduled for December 17. Would be worth watching, and some of the data will be made public before and during the meeting.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
robinson

Post by robinson »

Anaxagoras wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:13 pm No need to guess. There wasn't even a test last year. The virus hadn't been sequenced yet. He couldn't have had laboratory confirmation last year.
You are confusing two different posts.

The test issue is right now.

The "probably had it" was over a year ago. Obviously there was no test a year ago.

Unless you were in China. They knew about it a year ago, but didn't tell anyone.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

FDA linky

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-a ... 19-vaccine
Witness

Post by Witness »

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

People tend to become impatient and complacent. And here we are today.
The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

More importantly, where the fuck are you going to be by Christmas?

I think it might be a pretty lousy time for health workers in particular.
Jeff Wagg, Communication and Outreach Manager for the James Randi Educational Foundation posted:

"It is my job to inform other JREF employees about people who wish to do the JREF harm, and you [The Atheist] are one of those.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

We will be up Shit Creek without a paddle.
robinson

Post by robinson »

Witness wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:32 am Image
If the government claimed deaths by bears increased by that amount, I would be a bit skeptical. Also, where did the bears come from?

Also, why don't you fucking do something about the bears? Telling me to stay at home and wait for the bears to go away would seem a really bad solution to the bear problem. Telling me that going to work would cause a bear to kill my elderly parents would also be met with some skepticism.

There is a long list of bear related questions here.
robinson

Post by robinson »

It's why simplistic and stupid responses aren't really helpful. Are they?
gnome

Post by gnome »

Albert Einstein wrote:You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2
robinson

Post by robinson »

No, there are two cats, that can hear each other lol
DJ

Post by DJ »

robinson wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:47 pm
Witness wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:32 am Image
If the government claimed deaths by bears increased by that amount, I would be a bit skeptical. Also, where did the bears come from?

Also, why don't you fucking do something about the bears? Telling me to stay at home and wait for the bears to go away would seem a really bad solution to the bear problem. Telling me that going to work would cause a bear to kill my elderly parents would also be met with some skepticism.

There is a long list of bear related questions here.
A very American way to handle that kind of problem.

https://www.wideopenspaces.com/10-best- ... guns-pics/

:freedom:

:D
Witness

Post by Witness »

robinson

Post by robinson »

Big Brother knows what’s best for you
The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

Witness wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:33 am [img]https://i.imgur.com
I've well and truly lost count of the number of times I've tried to educate the uneducatable about the immense toll heathcare workers are carrying as a result of people being fucking morons.

That's an awful picture.
Jeff Wagg, Communication and Outreach Manager for the James Randi Educational Foundation posted:

"It is my job to inform other JREF employees about people who wish to do the JREF harm, and you [The Atheist] are one of those.
Witness

Post by Witness »

Coronavirus Was In U.S. Weeks Earlier Than Previously Known, Study Says

he coronavirus was present in the U.S. weeks earlier than scientists and public health officials previously thought, and before cases in China were publicly identified, according to a new government study published Monday.

The virus and the illness that it causes, COVID-19, were first identified in Wuhan, China, in December 2019, but it wasn't until about Jan. 20 that the first confirmed COVID-19 case, from a traveler returning from China, was found in the U.S.

However, new findings published in the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases suggest that the coronavirus, known officially as SARS-CoV-2, had infected people in the U.S. even earlier.

"SARS-CoV-2 infections may have been present in the U.S. in December 2019, earlier than previously recognized," the authors said.

This discovery adds to evidence that the virus was quietly spreading around the world before health officials and the public were aware, disrupting previous thinking of how the illness first emerged and how it has since evolved. It also shows the virus's presence in U.S. communities likely didn't start with the first case identified case in January.

Researchers came to this conclusion after the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention analyzed blood donations collected by the American Red Cross from residents in nine states. They found evidence of coronavirus antibodies in 106 out of 7,389 blood donations. The CDC analyzed the blood collected between Dec. 13 and Jan. 17.

The presence of antibodies in a person's blood means they were exposed to a virus, in this case the coronavirus, and that their body's immune system triggered a defensive response.

Researchers found coronavirus antibodies in 39 samples from California, Oregon, and Washington as early as Dec. 13 to Dec. 16. They also discovered antibodies in 67 samples from Connecticut, Iowa, Massachusetts, Michigan, Rhode Island, and Wisconsin in early January — before widespread outbreaks in those states.
https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... study-says
robinson

Post by robinson »

https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance-ar ... 85/6012472
Witness

Post by Witness »

No benefit seen from plasma treatment in severe COVID-19; virus may hurt male fertility

The following is a roundup of some of the latest scientific studies on the novel coronavirus and efforts to find treatments and vaccines for COVID-19, the illness caused by the virus.

Plasma treatment shows no benefit in severe COVID-19

Blood plasma from COVID-19 survivors was of little benefit to patients with severe COVID-19 pneumonia, researchers in Argentina reported on Tuesday in The New England Journal of Medicine. So-called convalescent plasma, which delivers COVID-19 survivors' antibodies to infected people, did not improve critically ill patients' health status or reduce their risk of dying from the disease any better than a placebo. Researchers randomly assigned 333 hospitalized patients with severe COVID-19 pneumonia to receive convalescent plasma or a placebo. After 30 days, they saw no significant differences in patients' symptoms or health. Mortality rates were nearly the same: 11% in the convalescent plasma group and 11.4% in the placebo group, a difference not deemed statistically significant. It is still possible that convalescent plasma might help less-sick patients who get the treatment earlier in their illness, said study leader Dr. Ventura Simonovich of the Hospital Italiano de Buenos Aires. A separate randomized trial from Argentina, posted on Saturday on medRxiv ahead of peer review, found that when elderly COVID-19 patients received convalescent plasma within 72 hours after their symptoms began instead of a placebo, they were significantly less likely to become severely ill.

COVID-19 may hurt male fertility

Evidence of testes damage from COVID-19 has been accumulating in a series of small autopsy studies, suggesting that the new coronavirus could have an impact on male fertility.

Mutations do not appear to help coronavirus spread faster

The novel coronavirus is picking up genetic changes as it spreads around the world, but the mutations currently documented do not appear to help it spread faster, scientists said on Wednesday in the journal Nature Communications.

Most Americans still lack COVID-19 antibodies

As of September, the vast majority of U.S. residents still had not been exposed to the new coronavirus, antibody test results suggest.
Details & links to papers: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN2852ZI
robinson

Post by robinson »

A separate randomized trial from Argentina, posted on Saturday on medRxiv ahead of peer review, found that when elderly COVID-19 patients received convalescent plasma within 72 hours after their symptoms began instead of a placebo, they were significantly less likely to become severely ill.
robinson

Post by robinson »

I wonder what would happen if you used antibody rich plasma before any symptoms appear.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

The county I live in has ordered refrigerated trucks to store corpses, in preparation for an expected capacity problem. Right now, things are okay.
https://www.ideastream.org/news/cuyahog ... or-corpses
Witness

Post by Witness »

Coronavirus: US doctor who has worked 258 days straight goes viral

Dr Joseph Varon believes he is fighting two wars. A war against coronavirus and a war against stupidity.

The chief medical officer at United Memorial Medical Center in Houston went viral earlier this week when an image of him comforting an elderly patient ended up on social media.

The US is seeing a rise in the number of people entering hospital with Covid-19 and several states are concerned that healthcare facilities could soon be overwhelmed.
The video at the link is really worth a watch: https://www.bbc.com/news/av/health-55190012

And in other news:

Mike Pompeo to host 900-person Christmas party despite Covid surge.

:roll:
The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

Witness wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:29 pmThey found evidence of coronavirus antibodies in 106 out of 7,389 blood donations. The CDC analyzed the blood collected between Dec. 13 and Jan. 17.
Given the random nature of blood donation, that means that 1.5% of the population had been infected by 17 January. That's almost 5 million people.

It's bollocks.

What it does is show the possibility that a similar infection gives protection against Covid, which has been long suspected.

robinson2
Title: I can’t be worrying about that

Post by robinson2 »

The Atheist wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:52 am
Witness wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:29 pmThey found evidence of coronavirus antibodies in 106 out of 7,389 blood donations. The CDC analyzed the blood collected between Dec. 13 and Jan. 17.
Given the random nature of blood donation, that means that 1.5% of the population had been infected by 17 January. That's almost 5 million people.
Actually, due to the time it take to become infected, (from a sick person), mount a defense, overcome the illness (which would have been like the flu, maybe 10 days to recover), feel well enough to go donate blood, many millions would have been infected (and recovered) long before New Years

I know the very thought causes woke minds to recoil, but there it is

Science!

Bitch!
"This aggression will not stand, man."
robinson2
Title: I can’t be worrying about that

Post by robinson2 »

Since it was worldwide, not just the US, Italy and China, the numbers are astounding
"This aggression will not stand, man."
robinson

Post by robinson »

robinson2 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:02 am Actually, due to the time it take to become infected, (from a sick person), mount a defense, overcome the illness (which would have been like the flu, maybe 10 days to recover), feel well enough to go donate blood, many millions would have been infected (and recovered) long before New Years
Please don't quote the Atheist, I have him on ignore and it is very annoying when you do that.
Witness

Post by Witness »

Covid: Argentina passes tax on wealthy to pay for virus measures

Argentina has passed a new tax on its wealthiest people to pay for medical supplies and relief measures amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

Senators passed the one-off levy - dubbed the "millionaire's tax" - by 42 votes to 26 on Friday.

Those with assets worth more than 200 million pesos ($2.5m; £1.8m) - some 12,000 people - will have to pay.

Argentina has recorded close to 1.5 million infections and almost 40,000 deaths from the coronavirus.

It has been hit hard by the pandemic, becoming the fifth country worldwide to report one million confirmed cases in October despite only having a population of about 45 million people - making it the smallest nation at the time to surpass that figure.

Lockdown measures have further dented an economy struggling with unemployment, high poverty levels and massive government debt. Argentina has been in recession since 2018.

One of the law's authors said it would only affect about 0.8% of taxpayers. Those affected will pay a progressive rate of up to 3.5% on wealth in Argentina and up to 5.25% on that outside the country.

AFP news agency reports that of the money raised, 20% will go to medical supplies, 20% to relief for small and medium-sized businesses, 20% to scholarships for students, 15% to social developments, and the remaining 25% to natural gas ventures.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-55199058
robinson

Post by robinson »

The problem with socialism is you eventually run out of other people’s money
Witness

Post by Witness »

Compulsory face masks helped cut German Covid-19 infections by almost 50 per cent, study finds
  • Study concludes masks are one of the most cost-effective ways to fight the disease with a cost that is ‘close to zero’ compared with other measures
  • Study looked at data from over 400 municipal districts and found that some cities saw infections fall by up 75pc within 20 days
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science ... infections
Witness

Post by Witness »

US Covid death toll visualisation with coffins and White House (3D model)

https://old.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautifu ... h_coffins/
robinson

Post by robinson »

Every year, that is how many people die in a month
robinson

Post by robinson »

In the USA