Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

We are the Borg.
robinson
Title: Pretty much dead already

Re: Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

Post by robinson »

robinson wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:01 am At this point Sweden is barely in the top ten for deaths by percentage of population
Sweden has had 5 days in a row now with zero deaths from the rona

A lot of other countries have now had 5 months in a row with out a single death from the rona
still working on Sophrosyne, but I will no doubt end up with Hubris
The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

robinson wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:46 am Sweden has had 5 days in a row now with zero deaths from the rona
Ah, I was just mentioning you and Sweden in the other thread.

I don't know where you're getting your numbers from - your arse as usual? - but they had five deaths yesterday, and are up to an infection rate they hadn't seen since July.
Jeff Wagg, Communication and Outreach Manager for the James Randi Educational Foundation posted:

"It is my job to inform other JREF employees about people who wish to do the JREF harm, and you [The Atheist] are one of those.
robinson

Post by robinson »

robinson

Post by robinson »

That’s one of the stories I have heard first hand from almost every medical staff from every hospital within 50 miles
robinson

Post by robinson »

It’s sort of a running joke here
gnome

Post by gnome »

That says nothing new beyond what we've already discussed. If a medical examiner concludes Covid contributed to a death, they include it. That isn't a falsification.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2
robinson

Post by robinson »

robinson wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:10 pm Let’s just make shit up and try to scare people even more!
What do we know with out a doubt now?

It spreads by sick people infecting other people

It can be deadly for people who are already sick or weak

It is not deadly for the young

Every country that stopped travel from China and then isolated everybody else has had no pandemic at all

Countries that actually prevented anyone from spreading it had very few deaths, including no deaths since March or April

It does not spread by animals

It does not spread by any blood vector

There is no animal source of the virus, it it can be made in a lab starting with a bat virus

Most people who get an actual infection don’t die
robinson

Post by robinson »

Any treatment seems to be contentious, which is politics not science at work
robinson

Post by robinson »

robinson

Post by robinson »

Based on a multitude of anecdotes ( the plural of anecdote is data), it seems young people, who really do have very little respect for authorities, have been creating her immunity amongst themselves in the US

I can’t speak for any other country

It seems those high positive numbers for tests and cases are not by chance at all
robinson

Post by robinson »

Since Twitter May censor that

Study shows long term immunity for C19
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

Far more complicated than can be captured in a "Tweet".

Article in Science Immunology about the study referred to in the Tweet by Harvard University is not so ambitious:

https://immunology.sciencemag.org/content/5/52/eabe0367
In this study, we found that antibodies against the RBD region of the S protein were accurate indicators of recent severe SARS-CoV-2 infection. The presence of IgG antibodies targeting SARS-CoV-2 RBD was a highly sensitive (95%) marker of infection after 14 days from onset of illness. This is consistent with a growing body of data which demonstrate that measurement of anti-RBD antibodies can accurately classify individuals recently infected with SARS-CoV-2 (6–9). Because this study was conducted in a large cohort of individuals with known SARS-CoV-2 infection (N=343) and controls (N=1548) it provides a robust measure of the accuracy of anti-RBD antibodies.

These findings also add to emerging evidence on the persistence and decay of antibody responses following SARS-CoV-2 infection. IgM and IgA responses to RBD were short-lived and most individuals seroreverted within two and a half months after the onset of illness. However, IgG antibodies persisted at detectable levels in patients beyond 90 days after symptom onset, and seroreversion was only observed in a small percentage of individuals. The concentration of these anti-RBD IgG antibodies was also highly correlated with pseudovirus NAb titers, which also demonstrated minimal decay. The observation that IgG and neutralizing antibody responses persist is encouraging, and suggests the development of robust systemic immune memory in individuals with severe infection. This is similar to a study that reported on anti-RBD antibodies in 121 North American convalescent plasma donors up to 82 days from symptom onset (10) and a study of 1,197 Icelanders who remained seropositive by 2 pan-IgG SARS-CoV-2 antibody assays 120 days after qPCR diagnosis of SARS-CoV-2 (9). However, these findings differ with other recent studies suggesting a more rapid waning in anti-RBD titers following mild or asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infection (11, 12).
Our results, therefore, provide strong support for the application of anti-RBD antibodies as a marker of recent SARS-CoV-2 infection as well as new and detailed information related to the specificity and decay kinetics of the anti-RBD responses. The testing approach used meets the CDC’s guidelines for serologic testing (22) and has the potential to facilitate accurate diagnosis in clinical settings and the implementation of population-based studies of previous infection globally. While the association between anti-RBD-IgG and neutralizing titers and the persistence of these antibodies at late time points is encouraging, further work is needed to define the optimal antibody-mediated correlates of protective immunity.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
Witness

Post by Witness »

Virus that causes COVID-19 survives up to 28 days on surfaces, Australian scientists find
  • The virus survives on most surfaces for about six to seven days before starting to lose potency
  • On some surfaces, such as glass and paper banknotes, the virus lasts for longer than a month
  • People can be infected if they touch a contaminated surface then touch their face, nose or mouth
The coronavirus that causes COVID-19 can live for up to 28 days on surfaces such as mobile phone screens and ATMs — much longer than previously thought — new Australian research has found.

CSIRO scientists tested the SARS-CoV-2 virus to see how long it survived on surfaces such as cotton, paper, stainless steel, glass and vinyl.

Trevor Drew, director of the Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness, said the research team used the same amount of virus that would be found in someone who was infected.

"It's important to know how long this virus can last so we know how often we need to disinfect things and what sort of risk common surfaces pose," Professor Drew said.

He said the fact the virus lasted for so long on surfaces such as glass was important, with the results published today in Virology Journal.

Previous research revealed the virus that causes COVID-19 could be detected in aerosols for up to three hours and on plastic and stainless steel surfaces for up to three days.

But this new study found the virus hung around intact on most surfaces for about six to seven days before starting to lose its potency.

"What we found was that even after two weeks, there was still plenty of live, infectious virus there which could potentially infect someone," Professor Drew said.

And on some surfaces, such as glass and paper banknotes, the virus was still there after one month.

Debbie Eagles, deputy director of the Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness, said the findings were surprising.

"It seems that it lasts longer than other viruses such as influenza, which only lasts a few days, or even other coronaviruses," she said.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-12/ ... s/12752108
robinson

Post by robinson »

Complete rubbish
gnome

Post by gnome »

Well. That settles it then. I can't argue with that rebuttal.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

The published article:

https://virologyj.biomedcentral.com/art ... 20-01418-7
Methods
This study measured the survival rates of infectious SARS-CoV-2, suspended in a standard ASTM E2197 matrix, on several common surface types. All experiments were carried out in the dark, to negate any effects of UV light. Inoculated surfaces were incubated at 20 °C, 30 °C and 40 °C and sampled at various time points.

Results
Survival rates of SARS-CoV-2 were determined at different temperatures and D-values, Z-values and half-life were calculated. We obtained half lives of between 1.7 and 2.7 days at 20 °C, reducing to a few hours when temperature was elevated to 40 °C. With initial viral loads broadly equivalent to the highest titres excreted by infectious patients, viable virus was isolated for up to 28 days at 20 °C from common surfaces such as glass, stainless steel and both paper and polymer banknotes. Conversely, infectious virus survived less than 24 h at 40 °C on some surfaces.

Conclusion
These findings demonstrate SARS-CoV-2 can remain infectious for significantly longer time periods than generally considered possible. These results could be used to inform improved risk mitigation procedures to prevent the fomite spread of COVID-19.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Oh, and

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... oronavirus
A 25-year-old was infected twice with the coronavirus earlier this year, scientists in Nevada have confirmed. It is the first confirmed case of so-called reinfection with the virus in the U.S. and the fifth confirmed reinfection case worldwide.
The Lancet published the case study:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lani ... 7/fulltext

Of note:
Genetic discordance of the two SARS-CoV-2 specimens was greater than could be accounted for by short-term in vivo evolution. These findings suggest that the patient was infected by SARS-CoV-2 on two separate occasions by a genetically distinct virus. Thus, previous exposure to SARS-CoV-2 might not guarantee total immunity in all cases. All individuals, whether previously diagnosed with COVID-19 or not, should take identical precautions to avoid infection with SARS-CoV-2. The implications of reinfections could be relevant for vaccine development and application.
robinson

Post by robinson »

In other news, some people get more than one cold in a season.
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Well, there's something like 200 different viruses that cause what we call "the cold" so yeah. This is not completely out of left field. The coronavirus will mutate into different strains and subtypes probably too.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare
robinson

Post by robinson »

I just did my daily check of the rona stats

Sweden still doing well

The countries that stopped it back in March still doing well

A lot of advanced western civilization countries still reporting a lot of new deaths