Title: Pretty much dead already

Re: Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

Post by robinson »

still working on Sophrosyne, but I will no doubt end up with Hubris
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

robinson wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:28 pm Pfizer is getting ready to release it’s vaccine safety results

Which means the child clinical studies will start

They could be producing a vaccination before the elections
Not unless they've already set up facilities for large-scale production.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Pfizer's web page:

https://www.pfizer.com/science/coronavirus/vaccine
Access to a Vaccine, Once Approved
When is the earliest the vaccine will be available to the public?
If regulatory approval or authorization is obtained, the companies expect to manufacture globally up to 100 million doses by the end of 2020 and potentially 1.3 billion doses by the end of 2021.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

robinson wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:28 pm They could be producing a vaccination before the elections
When you're so in love with your leader you just repeat his lies verbatim.
Jeff Wagg, Communication and Outreach Manager for the James Randi Educational Foundation posted:

"It is my job to inform other JREF employees about people who wish to do the JREF harm, and you [The Atheist] are one of those.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... articipant
Johnson & Johnson has paused all clinical trials of its experimental COVID-19 vaccine after a study participant became sick with an "unexplained illness."

In a statement on Monday, the company said it had "temporarily paused further dosing in all our COVID-19 vaccine candidate clinical trials," including a Phase 3 trial that began late last month, while it investigated the illness.

"Adverse events — illnesses, accidents, etc. — even those that are serious, are an expected part of any clinical study, especially large studies," the company said.

The Johnson & Johnson Phase 3 trial of its Janssen COVID-19 vaccine candidate involves an anticipated 60,000 adults in multiple countries, testing the safety and efficacy of a single dose versus a placebo. A two-dose regimen is being tested in a separate trial.
None of this is simple or easy.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Unexplained illness? Not covid-19 then?

Maybe somebody's goons got to him (or her)?
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.
robinson

Post by robinson »

Of course Pfizer has things set up, they are making the vaccine already, the ones they are testing. The first batches would probably go to medical people and of course stockholders, and the military, but when you are talking about more money than one can imagine, being prepared is of the essence. The winner of this race is going to make a lot of money.

Even the runner up is going to make a lot of money. A "lot"' is an understatement.

Obviously they won't be making a billion doses by the election, nobody expects that.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... ma-donor-p
Administrators at Brigham Young University's campus in southeastern Idaho say they are "deeply troubled" by reports that students may have intentionally tried to contract COVID-19, lured by blood donation centers that are paying a premium for plasma with COVID-19 antibodies.

"Students who are determined to have intentionally exposed themselves or others to the virus will be immediately suspended from the university and may be permanently dismissed," the university said in a statement issued Monday.
robinson

Post by robinson »

I told you
robinson

Post by robinson »

Students and other young people have complete disregard for experts and authority figures in regards to Covid
robinson

Post by robinson »

And they ain’t talking to the media or the government about it
robinson

Post by robinson »

Meanwhile ....

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/10 ... treatments
One of the world’s biggest trials of COVID-19 therapies released its long-awaited interim results yesterday—and they’re a letdown. None of the four treatments in the Solidarity trial, which enrolled more than 11,000 patients in 400 hospitals around the globe, increased survival—not even the much-touted antiviral drug remdesivir. Scientists at the World Health Organization (WHO) released the data as a preprint on medRxiv last night ahead of its planned publication in the New England Journal of Medicine.
Not yet peer reviewed:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 20209817v1
Repurposed antiviral drugs for COVID-19; interim WHO SOLIDARITY trial results

These Remdesivir, Hydroxychloroquine, Lopinavir and Interferon regimens appeared to have little or no effect on hospitalized COVID-19, as indicated by overall mortality, initiation of ventilation and duration of hospital stay. The mortality findings contain most of the randomized evidence on Remdesivir and Interferon, and are consistent with meta-analyses of mortality in all major trials.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/fed ... sing-homes\
Federal health officials on Friday unveiled a plan to get yet-to-be-approved coronavirus vaccines to nursing home residents free of charge, enlisting two national pharmacy chains to help.

Such a vaccine is not yet available, and that led to skepticism from some long-term care experts. The distribution program is contingent on the Food and Drug Administration authorizing a vaccine, which does not appear to be imminent.

Under the voluntary program, trained staff from CVS and Walgreens would deliver the vaccines to each nursing home and administer shots. Assisted-living facilities and residential group homes can also participate. Nursing home staffers can be vaccinated, too, if they have not already received their shots. Needles, syringes and other necessary equipment will be included.
I am dubious that sufficient study and review has been done. While I understand that nursing home residents are an at-risk group, I'd prefer that safety and efficacy be more studied and established before administering a fast-track treatment to such a group. I am not alone:
Dr. Christian Bergman, medical director of a nursing home in Richmond, Virginia, said he is pleased the government has a plan for rapid deployment of vaccines, but he needs to see clinical data before any of his patients get shots.

“I await public release of all data concerning safety and efficacy,” Bergman said. “Without this data, I will not be able to ethically endorse this vaccine and promote it within my nursing home.”
FWIW: https://www.fda.gov/drugs/surveillance/ ... e-programs
The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

I saw that and it means that, so far, we have dexamethasone as the sole drug proven to help.

Not a great place to be after ten months.
Jeff Wagg, Communication and Outreach Manager for the James Randi Educational Foundation posted:

"It is my job to inform other JREF employees about people who wish to do the JREF harm, and you [The Atheist] are one of those.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Coronaviruses are tough nuts.
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Pyrrho wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:36 pm https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/10 ... treatments
One of the world’s biggest trials of COVID-19 therapies released its long-awaited interim results yesterday—and they’re a letdown. None of the four treatments in the Solidarity trial, which enrolled more than 11,000 patients in 400 hospitals around the globe, increased survival—not even the much-touted antiviral drug remdesivir. Scientists at the World Health Organization (WHO) released the data as a preprint on medRxiv last night ahead of its planned publication in the New England Journal of Medicine.
The prospects of two of the four treatments—the malaria drug hydroxychloroquine and the HIV drug combination ritonavir/lopinavir—had faded after another large study, the United Kingdom’s Recovery trial, showed they did not increase survival in June. After analyzing that study and its own data up until then, WHO decided to drop both from the study.
There's been some criticism of the Recovery trial.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Interesting video, but I'm a bit skeptical of the results of this study.

William Shakespeare
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

William Shakespeare