Title: Pretty much dead already

Re: Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

Post by robinson »

still working on Sophrosyne, but I will no doubt end up with Hubris
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

Tells me that Scott Adams is full of shit, but who am I to argue with a highly-accomplished epidemiologist such as himself.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
robinson

Post by robinson »

I guess you don’t know the news story he is referencing
robinson

Post by robinson »

It’s from a Doctor, it’s all over the news. Well, not the fake news of course.

https://www.google.com/search?q=amish+herd+immunity
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Where's the data. Also I note that the doctor doesn't mention severity, deaths, etc.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states ... y-covid-19
“So, you would think if COVID was as contagious as they say, it would go through like a tsunami; and it did,” said Allen Hoover, an Old Order Mennonite and administrator of the Parochial Medical Center, a clinic that primarily serves the Plain community.

Public health officials and epidemiologists did not dispute the widespread outbreak Hoover described. But they voiced concern that a misplaced perception of herd immunity in a population that makes up 8% of Lancaster County may compromise the effort to turn the tide on the pandemic.

As Hoover observed, faith in herd immunity has prompted members of the Plain community to relax on key mitigation efforts such as masking and social distancing, and they may see little reason to be vaccinated.

Additionally, it is unknown whether achieving herd immunity last year would be beneficial now.

Six infectious disease experts with whom LNP ' LancasterOnline spoke expressed unease with a reliance on the notion the Plain community had achieved herd immunity here. And they pointed out that if not the case, past infections and existing antibodies may provide limited protection.

“Herd immunity is only true at a given point in time,” said Eric Lofgren, an infectious disease epidemiologist at Washington State University. “It’s not a switch that once it gets thrown, you’re good. It’ll wear off.”
But Scott Adams is the guy to listen to. He knows best.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
robinson

Post by robinson »

Better to listen to Big Brother
robinson

Post by robinson »

Big Brother knows best!
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Ok, fuck this nonsense.
robinson

Post by robinson »

Trust Big Brother
robinson

Post by robinson »

The Amish are outside of Big Brothers reach
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Just thought I'd throw this out there:

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare (probably Socrates originally)
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

Pyrrho wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:10 pmBut Scott Adams is the guy to listen to. He knows best.
Does he have tits like Jenny McCarthy?

I am asking for a friend Gram.

– J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image
gnome

Post by gnome »

robinson wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:39 am The Amish are outside of Big Brothers reach
Now there's an odd one--why do you mention the Amish?
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Uh-oh.
‘Double mutant’ COVID strain discovered in California

One place where Covid is really spiking right now is India, and this strain or a similar one is getting more common there at the same time.
gnome

Post by gnome »

gnome wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:21 am
robinson wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:39 am The Amish are outside of Big Brothers reach
This is an example of what I mean when I point out robinson's tendency to make an insinuation and then run away without making a claim.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2
robinson

Post by robinson »

gnome wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:21 am
Try reading a few post up
robinson

Post by robinson »

Covid ran through the Amish like wildfire starting in April 2020

At least 90% of households had a confirmed case, with most showing no symptoms. Now there hasn’t been a case in the last 6 weeks

The doctor in charge says the Amish have herd immunity now

They resumed their normal ways in April 2020, and it spread like crazy. Now it’s gone from their world.

They didn’t obey Big Brother
gnome

Post by gnome »

"Didn't obey Big Brother" is not a claim--what exactly are you concluding here?
--Soldier, TF2
Witness

Post by Witness »

Wuhan cemeteries see 320,000 early mourners before Tomb Sweeping Festival: Chinese media

In a potential indication of the true death toll imposed by COVID-19, over 320,000 Wuhan residents visited city cemeteries over just one weekend a full two weeks before the official Tomb Sweeping Festival, raising questions about the actual numbers of deceased in the city from the pandemic.

On March 22, China's Chutian Metropolis Daily reported that from March 20 to 21, over 320,000 people had already visited cemeteries and graveyards ahead of the normal peak period. This marks the first time that Wuhan residents were able to pay respects to their deceased family members since the start of the pandemic, as the city was in its final week of lockdown during the festival in 2020.

According to official Chinese government statistics, 50,340 people were diagnosed with COVID-19 in the city of Wuhan, while the megapolis officially recorded 3,869 deaths. While it is uncertain whether the increased numbers of people visiting cemeteries correlates to increased deaths during the pandemic, other data that has been released over the past year indicates that actual deaths were far higher than official figures.

For example, reports from crematoriums in the provincial capital of Wuhan running at full capacity for many weeks as well as urn sales indicated that as many as 46,800 had died by late March of last year. During the build-up to last year's Tomb Sweeping Holiday, urns were being distributed at a rate of 500 a day at the city's eight mortuaries over the course of about 10 days, indicating that around 40,000 people had recently died.

A study released by the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (China CDC) in December of 2020 found that nearly 500,000 coronavirus cases in Wuhan were never counted, based on the estimated number of Wuhan citizens who now have antibodies to the virus. The survey found that 4.43 percent of Wuhan residents tested positive for antibodies to the disease, and given that Wuhan's population as of 2018 was 11.08 million, this translates to an estimated 490,844 people who had been infected with COVID-19 by the first month of the first wave.

On Feb. 17 of this year, RFA published government figures released by the Hubei Civil Affairs Department showing that 150,000 names had vanished from the list of pension recipients over the first three months of 2020 when the outbreak in Wuhan was at its peak. Given China's rapidly aging population, an academic who wished to remain anonymous told RFA that there should be an increase in the number of elderly collecting such subsidies, much less such a dramatic decrease.
https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4169886
sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

Got my single shot vaccination today.

How long before the Bill Gates chips give me super powers?
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.
The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

sparks wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:08 am Got my single shot vaccination today.

How long before the Bill Gates chips give me super powers?
I'm already tracking you, pal.

Your cellphone coverage should be perfect with all the 5G in you now.
Jeff Wagg, Communication and Outreach Manager for the James Randi Educational Foundation posted:

"It is my job to inform other JREF employees about people who wish to do the JREF harm, and you [The Atheist] are one of those.
sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

Hope so because Verizon's coverage sucks of late for some reason. :)
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.
gnome

Post by gnome »

My 5G chip was inserted a couple days ago. Well, half of it. Damn Moderna chips.
--Soldier, TF2
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

J&J?
Witness

Post by Witness »

Birthrates tumble worldwide, clouding post-pandemic prospects

Maintaining growth and social safety nets face challenge if declines persist

Global data on births in December and January, nine months after many countries began feeling the impact of the coronavirus, paints a grim picture for population growth that clouds prospects for sustaining the international economy.

Births have fallen between 10% and 20% in such countries as Japan, France and Spain -- and even more in some areas -- exacerbating a widespread downward trend in fertility. This has sparked concern about whether these economies will be able to grow and maintain their social safety nets should the declines continue.

While the latest data is not yet available for mainland China, births plummeted 56% on the year in January in Hong Kong, and fell 23% in Taiwan. South Korea and Japan, already grappling with low birthrates and aging populations, slipped 6.3% and 14%.

In Italy, the first major hot spot of last spring's outbreak in Europe, births slumped 22% on the year in December. Spain saw a 20% plunge in January. Births in France slid 13% in January -- the steepest drop since 1975, according to the country's national statistics bureau.

The "context of a health crisis and huge uncertainty may have discouraged couples from procreating or prompted them to postpone their parenting project for several months," a bureau representative told reporters. Many would-be parents were likely leery of giving birth in hospitals crowded with coronavirus patients.
https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Socie ... -prospects

I understand Japan's problems with an aging population (and not liking immigration), but the author seems to believe we humans can expand forever. On Mars?
gnome

Post by gnome »

I have a feeling birth rates will spring back and then some.
--Soldier, TF2
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

James Heathers
@jamesheathers
It is safe to say I am Having A Mood.

Full piece tomorrow.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

https://www.ideastream.org/news/ohio-am ... e-in-cases
Holmes County, where half of the population is Amish, has the lowest vaccination rate in the state, with just 10 percent of the population fully vaccinated.

The county was hit hard by the virus. Hospitals filled up during a fall surge, and the county recorded one of the highest mortality rates in the state, said health commissioner Michael Derr.

“We had to open up extra wings in our hospital to kind of cover that,” Derr said. “Our most fatal month was November and December, right after the holidays.”
Witness

Post by Witness »

How Covid Upended a Century of Patterns in U.S. Deaths

The U.S. death rate in 2020 was the highest above normal since the early 1900s — even surpassing the calamity of the 1918 flu pandemic.

A surge in deaths from the Covid-19 pandemic created the largest gap between the actual and expected death rate in 2020 — what epidemiologists call “excess deaths,” or deaths above normal.

Aside from fatalities directly attributed to Covid-19, some excess deaths last year were most likely undercounts of the virus or misdiagnoses, or indirectly related to the pandemic otherwise. Preliminary federal data show that overdose deaths have also surged during the pandemic.

A New York Times analysis of U.S. death patterns for the past century shows how much 2020 deviated from the norm.

A shift in a downward trend

Since the 1918 pandemic, the country’s death rate has fallen steadily. But last year, the Covid-19 pandemic interrupted that trend, in spite of a century of improvements in medicine and public health.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... -toll.html for details.
robinson

Post by robinson »

Humans really think the herd will never be culled
robinson

Post by robinson »

Or more likely, they aren’t part of the herd
Witness

Post by Witness »

“If you see a kid in a mask, call CPS”

:roll:
Witness

Post by Witness »

A reminder for our HCQ/zinc/vit. D fans:

"The probability that a vaccine for an emerging ailment becomes a public health tool is nearly zero.
Finding a vaccine is an idiotic challenge."
robinson

Post by robinson »

The research that led to the Covid 19 was about creating a new kind of vaccine

Since a coronavirus mutates there has never been a vaccine that works

So researchers created a bunch of really infectious ones, so they could test vaccines against the spike protein rather than the virus
robinson

Post by robinson »

Just as with the original SARS, there is no natural in the wild version of COVID-19

But it can be made in a lab starting with a bat virus
Witness

Post by Witness »

India Covid crisis: Chief minister asks scientists to convert nitrogen into oxygen; Twitter in splits

The barrage of memes came after he proposed the "solution" to the country's current oxygen shortage.

Reacting to Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath’s recent statement asking scientists to look into the possibility of converting nitrogen to oxygen as a solution to the ongoing Covid crisis in India, Twitter users have responded like only they can — with memes.

In a now-deleted tweet, the chief minister's office had directed that institutions like IIT Kanpur should coordinate with experts to explore the proposal.

Twitter users, however, were unimpressed.
https://www.khaleejtimes.com/coronaviru ... -in-splits (with the tweets)
gnome

Post by gnome »

If they turn lead into gold, people will be rich and able to buy all the oxygen they need!
--Soldier, TF2
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Link:

Witness

Post by Witness »

There have been 7m-13m excess deaths worldwide during the pandemic

The rich world suffered relatively badly, but most of the dying has been elsewhere

https://www.economist.com/briefing/2021 ... e-pandemic
DJ

Post by DJ »

Life expectancy?