Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

We are the Borg.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Re: Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Because governments, especially totalitarians ones, lie as a matter of course.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.
ceptimus

Post by ceptimus »

Still no confirmed cases in Africa? I seem to remember a report of two? people in Sudan, but perhaps a false alarm. Also no cases in South America? I find this very suspicious and alarming - I expect when we do finally get confirmed cases on these continents there will be hundreds of people infected rather than just a handful.
corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx »

I think they're lying and that isn't an uncontroversial thing to say about a totalitarian regime, however I was explaining at the same time the the massive quarantine.

Even at the rates they say, I think they would take the same efforts to protect their export businesses.
sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

So, do you think the Chinese are inflating or deflating the number of peeps infected? And again, to what end?
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.
corplinx

Post by corplinx »

I think various people showed the Chinese were just giving numbers predicted by a formula and not real ones.

A formula probably based on assumptions about the Wuhan quarantine working.

They literally couldn't give accurate numbers. If you dig in, you had to be examined by doctors at a hospital (which were overrun and turning people away), be tested (not everyone could be), etc, etc, etc, etc.

The fundamentals were broken, they had no way to report accurate counts of infected, it's all theorycraft.

And we don't trust the death count since China was trying to prevent a national meltdown.

There is a lot of circumstancial evidence that the death numbers are off. Like '20 people in body bags in just one location' when the death count was <300 total. People were basically saying in 225 death count range 'i've seen more corpses in leaked videos than they're reporting'.

The thing is, nobody wants to be called a kook for distrusting China even though we know China really can't be trusted.

If this emerged from the bl4 lab in Wuhan, there is also the potential for a large coverup to save face and prevent mass unrest aimed at the government.

Bat wasn't on the menu at the wet market.
The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

ceptimus wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:06 pm Still no confirmed cases in Africa? I seem to remember a report of two? people in Sudan, but perhaps a false alarm. Also no cases in South America? I find this very suspicious and alarming - I expect when we do finally get confirmed cases on these continents there will be hundreds of people infected rather than just a handful.
There haven't been any in NZ, either, despite 1500 - 2000 Chinese tourists arriving daily, until Monday this week.

It's all a bit bizarre and unknown.

One thing I do know - if this gets out of control, and that's a strong possibility at this stage - it could be the biggest number of dead in any pandemic in human history. Hospital systems will be overwhelmed and there will be some serious shit goes down. WHO estimates a mortality rate of 2%* and there is zero resistance to the virus, so you could potentially be looking at 150,000,000 deaths.

The fact of a major worldwide recession on the back of a pandemic seems hardly worth mentioning.

*I'm on record in saying they're over by a factor of 10, due to mild cases not being counted, so 5-15,000,000 deaths.
Jeff Wagg, Communication and Outreach Manager for the James Randi Educational Foundation posted:

"It is my job to inform other JREF employees about people who wish to do the JREF harm, and you [The Atheist] are one of those.
sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

I'll even take 5 million.

"They bought their tickets. I say: Let 'em die!"
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.
robinson
Title: Sweetheart

Post by robinson »

Model run estimated 65 million dead in 18 months.

So far things are following the model very closely
The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

robinson wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:04 pm Model run estimated 65 million dead in 18 months.

So far things are following the model very closely
Not quite - the exponential increase has stopped and the number of new cases is definitely slowing.

The encouraging signs are in the countries outside China - there's nothing like exponential increase, and given that people are infections while asymptomatic, we'd be seeing a lot more cases.

One of two things is happening:

The virulence and severity is vastly decreased in tertiary transmission.
It's harder to catch than early estimates suggested.

Seven more days will give a much clearer picture.
Jeff Wagg, Communication and Outreach Manager for the James Randi Educational Foundation posted:

"It is my job to inform other JREF employees about people who wish to do the JREF harm, and you [The Atheist] are one of those.
corplinx

Post by corplinx »

4chan or the Chi-Comms for the real story? who knows. fog of war.
corplinx

Post by corplinx »

Latest Dr. John, he who proceeds from evidence.
The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

"Smallpox did this, bacterial diseases did that, but I'm not linking coronavirus to that..."

Then why the fuck are you mentioning them??

Christ, does this bloke have any followers other than you, Corp? Boring, talks irrelevant crap - I'm 4 minutes in and he hasn't said a fucking thing of relevance.

"We're speculating, we don't really know..."

Yep - you're speculating and quoting numbers that have already been debunked.

"Could be..." mumble, stutter - decide what the fuck you're saying! "There's a lot of unknowns..." no shit!

"Now, let's talk SARS & MERS" - both of them are utterly irrelevant.

Then goes on to completely speculate about pregnant women and foetuses!

If you think that guy is any kind of resource, you're just wrong. The bloke's an almost-incoherent dickhead with no facts and lots of dumb opinions.

shemp
Title: inbred shit-for-brains

Post by shemp »

shemp wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:16 pm
corplinx wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:21 pm It's kind of obvious that if we'd known the truth a week ago, flights would have been shut down then. The Chinese were lying to everyone else.

The CDC has the GIGO problem. Garbage-In, Garbage-Out. They get data from the Chinese.

Look what that fringe nutjobs at Bloomberg news are reporting:
Coastal Chinese City Quarantined (7:55 a.m. NY)
Wenzhou, an eastern port of 9 million people, became the first city outside central Hubei province to impose quarantine measures due to the coronavirus outbreak. The city, some 700 kilometers from the epidemic’s origin in Wuhan, is in Zhejiang province, which has about 600 confirmed cases of the virus, the highest number outside Hubei. The two cities are known for their business ties.

Families will be allowed to send one person out of the house every two days to shop for necessities, city authorities said. Residents are advised to leave their homes only for medical treatment or related reasons.
9million more people quarantined and confined to their homes to contain the wildfire.

In other words, the fringers have been more right than the press up until now and the press is catching up.

Sorry to pop your bubble Shemp, there is no authority to appeal to in this situation.
I have long known that you are an idiot. Nothing in this thread so far has changed my mind.
Still haven't changed my mind.
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

"what dicking deep shit i produce" -- pillory

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

People are shitting themselves to death
Crap so much they fail to take a breath
But even when their kids are starvin'
They thought Trump would throw them Charmin.
ceptimus

Post by ceptimus »

The number of cases is still going up by about 10% each day. If that continues (which it won't) then everyone on earth will be have been infected by the middle of June, this year. I don't think it will spread that fast but it will be worldwide and common long before a vaccine that has gone through normal testing becomes available - I suppose if it's bad enough then the normal vaccine testing procedures will be bypassed.

I think the virus is beyond containing now. The interesting questions are the fatality rate, and what proportion of the population has natural immunity. It will also be interesting to see whether the virus spreads faster or slower in hotter countries
corplinx

Post by corplinx »

The Atheist wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:06 pm "Smallpox did this, bacterial diseases did that, but I'm not linking coronavirus to that..."

Then why the fuck are you mentioning them??

Christ, does this bloke have any followers other than you, Corp? Boring, talks irrelevant crap - I'm 4 minutes in and he hasn't said a fucking thing of relevance.

"We're speculating, we don't really know..."

Yep - you're speculating and quoting numbers that have already been debunked.

"Could be..." mumble, stutter - decide what the fuck you're saying! "There's a lot of unknowns..." no shit!

"Now, let's talk SARS & MERS" - both of them are utterly irrelevant.

Then goes on to completely speculate about pregnant women and foetuses!

If you think that guy is any kind of resource, you're just wrong. The bloke's an almost-incoherent dickhead with no facts and lots of dumb opinions.
You have to go back a few weeks ago sort of. I've been following him for a while.

Yes, MERS and SARS are relevant.

There are 7 Corona Viruses that infect humans (thus far). 4 are common cold virures. 2 are MERS and SARS. 1 is Novel Corona.

Comparing Corona to MERS and SARS is something that must be done.

The videos have started showing a growing frustration at the lack of real data to work from and some of what you are complaining about is that.

They started off being much more structured.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

Dibs on your stereos.

– J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

corplinx wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:00 am I think various people showed the Chinese were just giving numbers predicted by a formula and not real ones.

A formula probably based on assumptions about the Wuhan quarantine working.

They literally couldn't give accurate numbers. If you dig in, you had to be examined by doctors at a hospital (which were overrun and turning people away), be tested (not everyone could be), etc, etc, etc, etc.

The fundamentals were broken, they had no way to report accurate counts of infected, it's all theorycraft.

And we don't trust the death count since China was trying to prevent a national meltdown.

There is a lot of circumstancial evidence that the death numbers are off. Like '20 people in body bags in just one location' when the death count was <300 total. People were basically saying in 225 death count range 'i've seen more corpses in leaked videos than they're reporting'.

The thing is, nobody wants to be called a kook for distrusting China even though we know China really can't be trusted.

If this emerged from the bl4 lab in Wuhan, there is also the potential for a large coverup to save face and prevent mass unrest aimed at the government.

Bat wasn't on the menu at the wet market.
What's your point?
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare
The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

Bit of an update for anyone not watching carefully - there's been a heap of extremely bad news today, namely:

Major outbreak expected in Singapore, based in the financial district with cases who have had more than multiple contacts. 6/22 current cases listed as critical.
UK NHS declares a "serious and imminent threat", opening up quarantine facilities throughout the country.
The cruise ship in Japanese quarantine doubled the number of cases overnight.

We might be in for a very rocky ride.

ceptimus

Post by ceptimus »

Cruise ship cabins are a very stupid way of isolating people. The ventilation system usually flows air into the cabin at one end of a row, and that same air then passes through all the other cabins in the same row before exiting. Anyone in a cabin downstream of an infected cabin gets wafted with the virus. The food for all the isolated people is prepared and delivered to the cabins by the same team, so if one of that team is infected that's another method of spreading the virus.

Regardless, it's becoming more clear that what I've feared and posted about over the last few weeks is fast becoming a reality. The virus continues to spread regardless of all the efforts to contain it. Pretty soon, further quarantine and isolation measures will become futile - and then your only defenses will be good hygiene and blind luck.
Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister »

I foresee a vaccine within two months.