Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

We are the Borg.
corplinx
Title: Moderator

Re: Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

Post by corplinx »

set speed to 1.25x and get your daily dose of actual information and analysis versus the absolute SHIT on TV

corplinx

Post by corplinx »

shemp wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:05 pm
For those who prefer truth over lies, nonsense and hyperbole: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/summary.html
Aged like Milk

The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

Pyrrho wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:46 am
Garbage collectors in Pittsburgh are not picking up the trash--demanding protection, claim they are at high risk every time they touch a garbage bag.
They still collect bags?

Is that Pittsburgh in Rwanda?
Jeff Wagg, Communication and Outreach Manager for the James Randi Educational Foundation posted:

"It is my job to inform other JREF employees about people who wish to do the JREF harm, and you [The Atheist] are one of those.

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister »

If the Coronavirus was a YouTube channel, it would get a new plaque today.

500,000 Subscribers!

(20,000 likes!)

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

corplinx wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:38 pm

set speed to 1.25x and get your daily dose of actual information and analysis versus the absolute SHIT on TV
TL:DW:

We need to immediately invade Peru to secure supplies of tree bark to make "Trump pills" which are a miracle cure for the Chinese flu.
William Shakespeare

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

corplinx

Post by corplinx »

It's friday bitches.

We're getting closer to passing the hump, so everything is going to get more retarded until we actually see a broad decline.

using pyrrho's link:

We have a downturn in new cases in a hot spot and California is holding flat!!

The war ain't over yet. Stay off CNN, MSNBC, Fox, WaPO and other fake news web sites. When the polticians figure out the emergency spending binge is almost over, they will try to rush through a ton of stuff we don't actually need under the guise of emergency.

Ignore bullshit about "OMG, HES GONNA KILL US!!!!"

Texas has been in the crosshairs for trying to balance their rural counties and urban ones. They have something like 100 counties that are clean. But the Austin commies are pushing a state wide lock down.

It's almost all FakeNews right now.

ed
Title: G_D

Post by ed »

NY went out of it's way to become infected. Heads should roll
About that stereo

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

ed wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:57 pm
NY went out of it's way to become infected. Heads should roll
Please elaborate.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

robinson
Title: Nice guy

Post by robinson »

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ "

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor."

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

robinson
Title: Nice guy

Post by robinson »

NY leaders are assholes
♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ "

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor."

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

Witness

Post by Witness »

China has ordered all its movie theaters to close again after more than 600 had reopened
  • The Beijing Film Bureau ordered all of China's movie theaters to close again without explanation after hundreds had already reopened, according to multiple Hollywood trade publications.
  • China's 70,000 theaters closed in January because of the coronavirus.
More than 600 theaters throughout China had recently reopened after a two-month shutdown, but they are about to go dark again.

Beijing's Film Bureau abruptly ordered theaters to close on Friday without explanation, according to multiple outlets including The Hollywood Reporter, Variety, and Deadline. It suggests concern about a second wave of coronavirus cases. Along with the theaters that had already reopened, Shanghai had previously announced on Thursday that it would reopen 205 of its theaters this weekend.

China's 70,000 theaters closed in January because of the coronavirus that has since become a pandemic and killed more than 25,000 people worldwide.

Theaters closed on the weekend of the Chinese New Year, which is typically the region's biggest moviegoing time. The Chinese box office was down by nearly $2 billion in the first two months of the year compared to the same time period last year.
https://www.businessinsider.com/coronav ... ain-2020-3

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

From Buzzfeed, but seems to be newsworthy:

A Woman With Lupus Said Her Health Care Provider Is Stopping Her Chloroquine Prescription And Thanked Her For The “Sacrifice”
"The fact that they thanked me for my 'sacrifice' is disturbing," she told BuzzFeed News. "I never agreed to sacrifice my health and possibly my life and cannot believe that I am being forced to do so."
A 45-year-old woman with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) said she received an online message from her health care provider stating it will no longer refill her vital hydroxychloroquine prescriptions because that drug is being used to treat the "critically ill with COVID-19," the disease caused by the novel coronavirus. The letter thanked her for her "sacrifice."

Dale, who lives in the Los Angeles area and asked to only be identified by her first name, told BuzzFeed News she "started crying" upon receiving the message from her doctor's office on Tuesday. She had previously called Kaiser Permanente, a major health care network based in Oakland, about why her prescription was being denied.
Dale said she's been taking the medication for a decade, and she's scared about possible consequences to her own health during the coronavirus pandemic if she's forced to stop taking hydroxychloroquine.

"I am already immunocompromised, and not taking this medication with likely put me into a lupus flare, making serious complications from COVID more likely," she said.

"The fact that they thanked me for my 'sacrifice' is disturbing," she then added. "I never agreed to sacrifice my health and possibly my life and cannot believe that I am being forced to do so."
. . .

In a statement provided to BuzzFeed News, Kaiser Permanente confirmed that it was no longer filling routine prescriptions for chloroquine.

"As we face the real possibility of running out of the drug for everybody if we don’t take steps to mitigate the shortage, Kaiser Permanente, like other health care organizations across the country, has had to take steps to control the outflow of the medication to ensure access to severely sick patients, including both COVID-19 and those with acute lupus," said Nancy Gin, regional medical director of Quality and Clinical Analysis at Kaiser Permanente, Southern California, which has 4.6 million members.

"Extensive experience and research show that hydroxychloroquine builds up in the body and continues to work for an average of 40 days even after the last dose is taken. By then, we expect the drug manufacturers to have ramped up production to meet the increased demand. Until then, we are no longer refilling routine prescriptions to ensure we have adequate supply to care for our sickest patients," Gin said.

In a related note, what is the actual state of research on hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19? Has there been a controlled, double-blinded trial yet?
William Shakespeare

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

Unfortunately, the "Never-Trump" press is touting a small Chinese study which suggests no significant difference. I write that qualifier since most of the English searches I find are laden with popular reports with the reporter editorializing how much Trump sucks at medicine.

From just thirty patients without a lot of detail in the English translation:
Conclusions: The prognosis of common COVID-19 patients is good. Larger sample size study are needed to investigate the effects of HCQ in the treatment of COVID-19. Subsequent research should determine better endpoint and fully consider the feasibility of experiments such as sample size.
Whatever. I trust studies from China about as far as I can throw them. This does not really show anything absent the details. "Common COVID-19" means, what?

Anyways, there are many issues from prophylaxis as one ER doctor is using on the news to treatment in the milder cases all the way to critical care. Studies will have to be done to sort all of that out. The more immediate question is whether or not this and any other drug prevents the deterioration into critical cases and/or helps with those who have deteriorated as the French doctor claims.

In the rain.

– J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Witness

Post by Witness »

Source, with technical comments & interactive graphics: https://ourworldindata.org/covid-mortality-risk

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

There is this great book by Prof. Robert Park: Voodoo Science. The lack of rigorous peer-review with promotion in the media sort of meets the criteria.

Nevertheless, the facts will come out with better studies. I do not fault those for being optimistic, even the President. That is really all he did in his albeit bombastic . . . bombastic . . . ["Idiom." – Ed.] idiom!

I do fault those who have the ability to affect others such as in the case cited by Anax.

– J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Surprise
Title: Influencer

Post by Surprise »

corplinx wrote:

Insufferable bore.
"Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind."

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Surprise wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:44 am
corplinx wrote:
[[ Scott Adams ]]
Insufferable bore.
:figamagee:

He's better in print.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.