Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

We are the Borg.
corplinx
Title: Moderator

Re: Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

Post by corplinx »

The media slowly catches up to 4chan still...

This had pandemic vs epidemic written all over it weeks ago.

Can you imagine an outbreak in San Francisco with all the street shitters?

Using the Communist numbers, which are almost certainly a lie created by a formula, the death toll is greater than Sars. If the number is much higher, which leakers like the 4chan wuhan quarantine worker claim, then the rest of the world is likely underprepared.

There is a reason they quarantined whole cities and it isn't because it's "just the flu".

They didn't build fake hospitals that are actually quarantine camps like the warehouses full of Spanish flu victims back last century.

We have been watching the first deadly pandemic of our time unfold, and it has been just fascinating watching it unfold. Fascination and Horror.

The cruise ship quarantined off japan now has 130 confirmed cases instead of 20.

Singapore is shutting down conventions and preparing for a large outbreak.

And ed help the poor in New Delhi that sleep on sidewalks if gets loose there.

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

It's only a really entertaining pandemic if the dead rise and eat peoples BRAINS!!!!!

And they won't, so fuck it.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

corplinx

Post by corplinx »

It's interesting, skeptical inquiry versus Communist data...

strange days...

The 4chan hazmat/quarantine leaker made the news in China, since they confirmed they were legit by taking a photo with a written note in one of the pictures.

No idea if the claims they made were legit, but in the absence of concrete evidence from the Communists one has to wonder how much of what he said is true.

China's populations are slaves of central planning to some extent, and they want to get factories back going ASAP.

The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

Rob Lister wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:57 pm
I foresee a vaccine within two months.
Can't be done - they have to go through animal and human trials, so six months would be pushing it.

Then there's the factor that we still don't have a vaccine for SARS or MERS, despite years of lead time, and this Wuhan chap is a very close relative of SARS, so it might never happen. The other factor with coronaviruses is that they mutate faster than American presidents, so a vaccine could even be counter-productive and lead to something worse entirely.

The best option seems to be antivirals. The Thais swear by them and they do have the highest recovery rate, albeit on very small numbers. China's doing double-blind testing with several on n-2019 CoV patients, so keep an eye on that.
Jeff Wagg, Communication and Outreach Manager for the James Randi Educational Foundation posted:

"It is my job to inform other JREF employees about people who wish to do the JREF harm, and you [The Atheist] are one of those.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

C'mon The Atheist. Fix that avatar. :)

Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

Your wish is my command.
Jeff Wagg, Communication and Outreach Manager for the James Randi Educational Foundation posted:

"It is my job to inform other JREF employees about people who wish to do the JREF harm, and you [The Atheist] are one of those.

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister »

Dear Abdul,

Stop being a fucking avatar nazi. How about you do you and leave everyone else the fuck alone. Next you'll be writing our sigs.

Freak.

And stop greeting newbies with that gay midget shit.

Fag.

Your pal,
Lister.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Rob Lister wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:12 am
Next you'll be writing our sigs.
I just noticed you don't have one. :)
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

Nyarlathotep
Title: God Emperor

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Surely, Captain Trips is upon us. Panic is the best course of action. We are all going to die.

I wish I wasn't being sarcastic. We could use a good cleansing dose of Captain Trips/Andromeda Strain/Ebolaids/Whatever
“Power bases are very dangerous because they attract people who are truly insane, people who seek power only for the sake of power.”

The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:04 am
Surely, Captain Trips is upon us. Panic is the best course of action. We are all going to die.
Not all, but if there is a worldwide pandemic it's likely to kill 5-10% of people over 65 who get it. Lucky none of those here.
Nyarlathotep wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:04 am
I wish I wasn't being sarcastic. We could use a good cleansing dose of Captain Trips/Andromeda Strain/Ebolaids/Whatever
I'd vote for reducing the birth rate to start off.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

The Atheist wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:18 pm
Then there's the factor that we still don't have a vaccine for SARS or MERS, . . .
We have vaccines for one:
A SARS vaccine was developed in response to the 2002 outbreak, but was never sold since public health measures got the disease under control before it was ready.

Discover Magazine
and MERS has passed Phase One Trials.

Yet I am poor.

– J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

Doctor X wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:43 am
We have vaccines for one:
That's encouraging. I'd still be highly surprised if there's a vaccine for n-CoV this year.

The best hope for not having a worldwide pandemic of biblical proportions is for the virus to lose virulence, and the results outside China are a little encouraging on that score, with only 3% severe cases against China's 16%, and I think all of the deaths so far contracted it in China, near the epicentre.

Still needs another week - 10 days as it appears to increase in severity after that kind of time frame.

Nyarlathotep
Title: God Emperor

Post by Nyarlathotep »

The Atheist wrote:
I'd vote for reducing the birth rate to start off.

I don’t think you are grasping what I want to see happen
“Power bases are very dangerous because they attract people who are truly insane, people who seek power only for the sake of power.”

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

IIRC, Captain Trips was 99% infectious and everybody who got it died.

Now that's what I call a pandemic. :)

ceptimus

Post by ceptimus »

Official name for the virus from the World Health Organization is now COVID-19

(COrona VIrus Disease with year of origin)

sparks

Post by sparks »

If it only had a constantly shifting antigen....

The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

sparks wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:47 pm
If it only had a constantly shifting antigen....
Just wait until it hits India the same way it hit China - a country with minimal health infrastructure, a shocking record of using inappropriate drugs, contaminated water, absurdly insanitary conditions and over a billion people to play with. Dumping Covid-19 into India is like tipping a plateful of germs into the original primordial soup.

If ever there were a chance of Captain Trips, India will be where it comes from. Coronaviruses do mutate pretty readily, so it's going to have all the chances it wants.

corplinx

Post by corplinx »

The CDC is saying China is no longer in containment mode, but in hard mitigation mode.

The US is in containment mode, but we may be in mitigation mode in 'a few weeks'.

Hope you bought your favorite bottled water already before the panic buyers decide to stay at home and be shutins for a few weeks.

robinson
Title: Hmmm ...

Post by robinson »

The Atheist wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:20 pm
Just wait until it hits India the same way it hit China - a country with minimal health infrastructure, a shocking record of using inappropriate drugs, contaminated water, absurdly insanitary conditions and over a billion people to play with. Dumping Covid-19 into India is like tipping a plateful of germs into the original primordial soup.
The global alarmists are already slavering over the thought of a billion people dead. Think of the carbon footprint reduction!

After the bodies are done burning
♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ "

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor."

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

sparks

Post by sparks »

Don't burn 'em. Bury 'em. Sequester that carbon in the good Earth under gardens and such. :)