Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

We are the Borg.
Nyarlathotep

Re: Wuhan Flu Truth and Big Brother Narratives

Post by Nyarlathotep »

robinson wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:16 pm The global alarmists are already slavering over the thought of a billion people dead. Think of the carbon footprint reduction!
I am hoping it it's more like 7.5 billion. And I don't give a shit about the carbon footprint reduction
corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx »

The UK extradited an infected guy from Thailand. Flew him back commercial. Didn't know he was infected.

He was in a UK prison before they knew he was sick.

The WHO and our CDC need to be fucking fired.

Last week the CDC testified before congress that 'travel restrictions send the wrong message'.

This isn't about fucking feelings, it's about slowing a fucking pandemic.

Justin Cuckdeau of Canada was also more worried about Xenophobia/Racism than the actual pandemic as well.

Is SocJus a suicide cult now? JFC
The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

robinson wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:16 pmThe global alarmists are already slavering over the thought of a billion people dead. Think of the carbon footprint reduction!
Yeah, that's just stupid.

Even a worst-case scenario would be 75,000,000. 2% death rate with half the population getting a dose is about as bad as it could be.

Interesting and encouraging that nobody who caught it outside China has croaked yet. If that holds, we'll be able to say for sure that primary infections were much worse.

Still waiting at the moment.
Jeff Wagg, Communication and Outreach Manager for the James Randi Educational Foundation posted:

"It is my job to inform other JREF employees about people who wish to do the JREF harm, and you [The Atheist] are one of those.
corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx »

Outside of China, there's still plenty of ventliators and oxygen rigs.

The risk is an epidemic overwhelms the health care infrastructure so you have to pick who lives and dies.

And you know China isn't doing first come, first serve.
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

ceptimus wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:31 pm Cruise ship cabins are a very stupid way of isolating people. The ventilation system usually flows air into the cabin at one end of a row, and that same air then passes through all the other cabins in the same row before exiting. Anyone in a cabin downstream of an infected cabin gets wafted with the virus. The food for all the isolated people is prepared and delivered to the cabins by the same team, so if one of that team is infected that's another method of spreading the virus.

Regardless, it's becoming more clear that what I've feared and posted about over the last few weeks is fast becoming a reality. The virus continues to spread regardless of all the efforts to contain it. Pretty soon, further quarantine and isolation measures will become futile - and then your only defenses will be good hygiene and blind luck.
Wow.

I think the cruise industry may be headed for tough times. There's also this case:

Cruise ship refused entry by fifth port due to coronavirus fears
A Holland America Line cruise ship on Tuesday was refused entry to Thailand over fears of coronavirus. This is the fifth port to deny the ship to dock despite no cases of the virus having been confirmed on board the ship.
Rob Lister wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:57 pm I foresee a vaccine within two months.
Who needs a vaccine? There's cow urine!
India's Leaders Claim Drinking Cow Urine Will Cure the Coronavirus
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare
sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

" This is the fifth port to deny the ship to dock despite no cases of the virus having been confirmed on board the ship."

Must be a different ship than the one anchored near Japan where 174 cases have been confirmed.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.
The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

It's a different ship entirely. Cambodia's letting them in, apparently.
Jeff Wagg, Communication and Outreach Manager for the James Randi Educational Foundation posted:

"It is my job to inform other JREF employees about people who wish to do the JREF harm, and you [The Atheist] are one of those.
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Yeah, I don't really understand it. Maybe there was a rumor or maybe people don't understand that it's a different cruise ship.
William Shakespeare
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

Oh yeah, the latest news:

Coronavirus: Sharp increase in deaths and cases in Hubei
Some 242 deaths from the new coronavirus were recorded in the Chinese province of Hubei on Wednesday - the deadliest day of the outbreak.

There was also a huge increase in the number of cases, with 14,840 people diagnosed with the virus.

Hubei has started using a broader definition to diagnose people - which accounts for most of the rise in cases.

Until Wednesday's increases, the number of people diagnosed in Hubei - where the outbreak emerged - was stabilising.

But the new cases and deaths in the province have pushed the national death toll above 1,350 - with almost 60,000 infections in total.

Meanwhile, the Communist Party secretary in Hubei, Jiang Chaoliang, has been replaced by the Shanghai party chief, Ying Yong, according to state media. The party chief of the capital city Wuhan has also been relieved of his duties.

It is the first major change of Hubei party officials since the outbreak began.

Earlier this week, a number of health officials were "removed" from their jobs.
Sounds ominous when you put "removed" in quotes like that. :notsure:

I hope Ying Yong knows what he's doing and it's not just a game of musical chairs.
William Shakespeare
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X »

They are just going to school.

For "reëducation."

– J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image
Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister »

1350 deaths in 60,000 known cases is 2.25%. I'm guessing maybe 1 in 10 are officially diagnosed.

To high, low?

So maybe somewhere closer to .22% death rate if you actually catch it. More scare than fair.

I ain't sayin' much ado 'bout nothin', but certainly a little too much ado about not much.
Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras »

There's probably some cases that aren't being counted in the official statistics of course, but there may also be some deaths that aren't getting counted either. So it's hard to really know and I would defer to others to guess how many of each there might be.

Probably at least 5 or 10 for each known infection. Maybe 2 deaths for each known death. But I pulled those numbers out of my ass.
William Shakespeare
ceptimus

Post by ceptimus »

Rob Lister wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:05 pm 1350 deaths in 60,000 known cases is 2.25%. I'm guessing maybe 1 in 10 are officially diagnosed.

To high, low?

So maybe somewhere closer to .22% death rate if you actually catch it. More scare than fair.

I ain't sayin' much ado 'bout nothin', but certainly a little too much ado about not much.
From knowing that you're ill with COVID-19 to dying (or getting better) takes two to three weeks. So to get the death rate you should compute deaths now with the number of known cases two or three weeks ago.

Most sources put the death rate higher than 2.25%, but everyone agrees that more data is needed for an accurate figure - even if the the virus doesn't mutate to become more or less deadly.
The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

Rob Lister wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:05 pm 1350 deaths in 60,000 known cases is 2.25%. I'm guessing maybe 1 in 10 are officially diagnosed.

To high, low?

Not quite.

I'm completely on board with a mortality rate of around 0.2%, because there are at least ten times as many cases that haven't been counted - the vast majority of people aren't sick enough to think they have it, and only the moderate -> severe cases are in the count.

Even at 0.2% mortality, the virus will be a huge problem; year after year, hospitals struggle to cope with influenza influx, and that's with 75% of people either immune or vaccinated. With Covid-19, nobody is immune, so the caseload will be far worse than usual, and they'll all likely happen at once. Add to that none of the medical staff being immune, so lots of them will get sick.

It's not as bad as it could be, but it's still going to be a major drama around the world.

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho »

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-mili ... ons-2020-2

The US military has set up 15 coronavirus quarantine camps on its bases, and 600 citizens are still isolated there
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

Pyrrho wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:46 pm https://www.businessinsider.com/us-mili ... ons-2020-2

The US military has set up 15 coronavirus quarantine camps on its bases, and 600 citizens are still isolated there
Yee-haa!

I just can't wait until they try to quarantine some lunatic Second Amendment People. Sorry, I just realised the word "lunatic"is redundant in that sentence.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

It's for military use.

OTOH, if FEMA gets involved there could be interesting fireworks.

BTW, the whole USA population is by law lunatic Second Amendment People (though dissent is allowed). :P

Also ==> :8b:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.
The Atheist

Post by The Atheist »

Update:

1 - it's spreading and won't be stopped now.
2 - health systems will break right across the world.
3 - 60-90 million people will die, almost all of them over 60. - Edit - halve that to 30-45 million when I re-checked the maths I'd forgotten to divide by 2.
4 - will not be available in 2020.
5 - the global economy is going to take a hit that will make the GFC look like a technical correction.
6 - the only good news: almost zero children will die from it.
Last edited by The Atheist on Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Why will almost zero children die?
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.
ed
Title: G_D

Post by ed »

The Atheist wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:44 pm Update:

1 - it's spreading and won't be stopped now.
2 - health systems will break right across the world.
3 - 60-90 million people will die, almost all of them over 60. - Edit - halve that to 30-45 million when I re-checked the maths I'd forgotten to divide by 2.
4 - will not be available in 2020.
5 - the global economy is going to take a hit that will make the GFC look like a technical correction.
6 - the only good news: almost zero children will die from it.
Interesting. If true and it happens here we could be looking at a Bernie in the near future.
About that stereo