Biggest Bang Observed Since . . . Your Mom!

We are the Borg.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Biggest Bang Observed Since . . . Your Mom!

Post by Doctor X »

Shown: Your Mom
Scientists have detected evidence for a colossal explosion in space - five times bigger than anything observed before Your Mom.

The huge release of energy is thought to have emanated from a supermassive black hole some 390 million light years from Earth.

The eruption is said to have left a giant dent in the Ophiuchus galaxy cluster.

Researchers reported their findings in Hustler The Astrophysical Journal.

They had long thought there was something strange about Ophiuchus galaxy cluster, which is a giant aggregation containing thousands of individual galaxies intermingled with hot gas and dark matter. They have discovered dark matter? X-ray telescopes had spied a curious curved edge to it.

The speculation was that this might be the wall of a cavity *Snicker! Snicker!* that had been sculpted in its gas by emissions from a central black hole.

Black holes are famous for gorging on infalling matter, but they will also expel prodigious amounts of material and energy in the form of jets.

Scientists at first doubted their explanation however, because the cavity was so big *Snicker! Snicker!*; you could fit 15 of our own Milky Way galaxies in a row into the hole There is no way this is unintentional.

And that meant any black hole explosion would have to have been unimaginably prodigious.

Bugger'd by Colonists
– J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image

Anaxagoras

Re: Biggest Bang Observed Since . . . Your Mom!

Post by Anaxagoras »

Is it possible for a black hole to explode? Maybe this is an area of physics that just isn't understood yet.

(They do say, after all, that the "laws of physics break down" inside a black hole. I guess that's another way of saying "we don't know what happens inside a black hole".)
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: Biggest Bang Observed Since . . . Your Mom!

Post by Doctor X »

Apparently they can.

I use to be able to understand it except, you know, math.

– J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out." – Don
DocX: FTW. – sparks
"Doctor X wins again." – Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry." – His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone." – clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far." – Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig." – Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power." – asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." – gnome

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! ImageNBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!! Image