Climate Change/Global Warming Hysteria thread

We are the Borg.
robinson
Title: Nice guy

Re: Climate Change/Global Warming/AGW featuring graphs

Post by robinson »

Fml
♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ "

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor."

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

gnome

Post by gnome »

I am avoiding discussion on points we may already agree on to focus on points we may not. You don't need me to satisfy your standard of knowledge in order to answer the single question I have now put to you.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

robinson

Post by robinson »

I don't need you to do anything.
♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ "

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor."

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

robinson

Post by robinson »

Now on to those long awaited graphs ...
♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ "

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

gnome

Post by gnome »

Well here's a good one, since we're just posting information without actually having any point to make or policy to advocate.

"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

robinson

Post by robinson »

gnome wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:54 pm
... since we're just posting information without actually having any point to make or policy to advocate.
I was trying to answer a question. Your question.
gnome wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:29 pm
Skeptic of the phenomenon, its causes, or the appropriate response to it? Or some combination?

What led to your change of mind?
Actually multiple questions. And not mess up an ongoing topic.
♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ "

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

robinson

Post by robinson »

You tried to turn it into something else, and then insisted I answer more questions. Your motives are a little obvious here.
♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ "

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

robinson

Post by robinson »

After I turned my skeptical sense to the global warming issue, I started looking into a lot of the battles that had been going on for a decade at least, all of which I had ignored. In 2009, in a thread about global warming, I would have just made some snarky comment about how we are fucking doomed and people are shit and some other nonsense.

Hell, I probably made some here. (goes off to search the archives)
♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ "

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

robinson

Post by robinson »

OK I found this thread

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19328&p=365487#p365487
robinson wrote:
Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:32 am
I still can't figure out what is up with the GW thing and skeptics. Are skeptics suspicious of GW, or are they 100% behind it, or is it a mixed bag of nuts.
robinson wrote:
Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:38 am
Over at TOP I have trouble following who believes what about GW.
I remember at TOP I posted some bemoaning our fate crap back in 2006, along with some scathing commentary about how we are doomed so whats the point? I could find it, but so what?

I certainly wasn't some big skeptic before 2010
Last edited by robinson on Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ "

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

gnome

Post by gnome »

robinson wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:03 pm
You tried to turn it into something else, and then insisted I answer more questions. Your motives are a little obvious here.
I changed the question because you told me the way I originally put it was unanswerable. So I have offered a new question for you that I think is answerable.
--Soldier, TF2

robinson

Post by robinson »

Nonsense and fluff. I told you to replace global warming with God, and you will understand the problem.
♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ "

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

gnome

Post by gnome »

Let's say I agree. Isn't my current question to you more useful?
--Soldier, TF2

robinson

Re: Climate Change/Global warming with graphs and science shit thrown in

Post by robinson »

Let me help
- Doubt that God exists at all.
- Agree that there is a God but doubt God is created by human activity
- Agree that there is a God that is created by human activity, but that we are choosing the wrong God.

If there's a different category by all means describe it. Too many people dance around all three when they are nearly exclusive positions.
No, they all assume there is a God. Or something like a God.
♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ "

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

robinson

Post by robinson »

Now you are asking, "If you were all powerful leader of all mankind, what would you do about God?"

You have to start at the beginning.
♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ "

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

robinson

Post by robinson »

Of course it does. That was the first point. It's not exact enough to answer.
♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ "

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

gnome

Post by gnome »

robinson wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:22 pm
Now you are asking, "If you were all powerful leader of all mankind, what would you do about God?"

You have to start at the beginning.
Nonsense. I can answer that question.

Nothing. I would do nothing about God, because I don't think God or anything like it exists.

Your turn.
--Soldier, TF2

robinson

Post by robinson »

So you are a God denier then
♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ "

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

robinson

Post by robinson »

See?
♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ "

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

robinson

Post by robinson »

I've been called a troll, a denier, a paid shill, and all kinds of assumptions have been made by idiots, just because I dare to look at the data, and point out some big problems with the BGWT, the models, the predictions, the projections, and most of all the proposed solutions to a problem that may not be the problem the idiots think it is.

And this is from skeptics. The lunatic fringe are far worse.
♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ "

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

gnome

Post by gnome »

I am a proud God denier, yes. I don't see the issue here. I wish you were willing to be as clear.

At the very least, I deny that it's any business of mine, as a hypothetical world leader, to do anything about.
--Soldier, TF2