Antibody treatment?

We are the Borg.
ed
Title: G_D

Antibody treatment?

Post by ed »

"What my company is doing is adapting antibodies to recognize and neutralize the novel coronavirus. So this would ... [be] sort of skipping what a vaccine does," Glanville said. "Instead of giving you a vaccine and waiting for it to produce an immune response, we just give you those antibodies right away. And so within about 20 minutes, that patient has the ability to neutralize the virus."
https://www.foxnews.com/media/dr-jacob- ... oronavirus

Advisor guy does nt pooh pooh it
The man who has become the voice of reason and science from the daily White House coronavirus briefings was positively circumspect today about a declaration from one of the physicians featured in Netflix’s Pandemic about a possible COVID-19 vaccine.

“I don’t know this specific individual, what they’re doing, but I can tell you there’s a lot of activity that is centered around a passive transfer of antibodies in the form of convalescent plasma,” Dr. Anthony Fauci replied to the front-row question this afternoon from Fox News’ John Roberts about the widely covered claims by Dr. Jacob Glanville, who seen in the first season of the recently released series.

“This is an old concept,” the long-serving director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases added of the Distributed Bio CEO’s efforts to mutate a series of antibodies that were successful in combating the SARS outbreak nearly 20 years ago.

“In fact, immunology was born decades and decades ago with the concept of giving passive transfer of serum to an individual to protect them from infection,” the media-savvy Fauci noted as President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence stood behind him in the Executive Mansion. “So I wouldn’t be surprised if he and a number of other people are pursing this. It’s the right thing to do.”

One America News Network Removed From Donald Trump Briefings Over Violation Of Coronavirus Social Distancing Guidelines

Certainly it is a timely thing to do as confirmed cases of COVID-19 move closer to 1 million globally and caused more than 40,000 deaths, according to the WHO.

Featured in the six-episode documentary series Pandemic: How to Prevent an Outbreak, which launched January 22, Golden State-based Glanville told a New Zealand radio show today that “we’ve evolved them in our laboratory, so now they very vigorously block and stop the SARS-CoV-2 [COVID-19] virus as well.”
https://deadline.com/2020/04/netflix-pa ... 202898136/
About that stereo
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Re: Antibody treatment?

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Everybody trying everything because nobody knows. I say let 'em try everything.

No "corona virus Czar", please (as I have seen mooted in "respectable conservative" corners of the 'net).

Czars are only good for problems that can be solved by massacring peasants.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.