Plasma emitters

We are the Borg.
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Plasma emitters

Post by Pyrrho »

Furnace folks want to sell me one to clean out dust, mold, "and that COVID".

Not buying one, but if anyone feels like giving me a 'splainer...go ahead.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Re: Plasma emitters

Post by sparks »

No explanation necessary: It's bullshit in this context.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

At least it's not reverse osmosis.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks »

A search for this turns up plasma emitters as used in melting furnaces. But home heating systems? Nope. Someone's trying to bullshit ya.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

But if you install a plasma emitter, what's going to clean out all the excess plasma?

Image I suggest Dr Reich's orgone cloudbuster will do the trick.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
The arc of the moral universe bends towards chaos.
People who believe God or History are on their side provide the chaos.

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

I think the rep meant "ion generator". There's a "Plasma Air" company that makes 'em.

Seems similar to electromagnets on copper water pipes. To prevent that mineral buildup.

gnome

Post by gnome »

Can't they just reroute the plasma flow through the main deflector dish?

Wait--antimatter reactor plasma vents out of the front of the Bussard collectors on the nacelles... sorry.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Surprise
Title: Influencer

Post by Surprise »

I got one with the optional Polarity Reversing switch. It also auto-calibrates.
"Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind."

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

I also did not buy the coolant additive they were pushing, "to lubricate the coils".

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister »

Pyrrho wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:12 am
I think the rep meant "ion generator". There's a "Plasma Air" company that makes 'em.

Seems similar to electromagnets on copper water pipes. To prevent that mineral buildup.
Not like electromagnetic water purifiers/softeners, which are total BS. Air ionizers actually do reduce air particulates, including pollen, so long as there is a moving stream of air and the action is carefully controlled1. Along with purifying the air, they create ozone, of which too much is not healthy. Wiki is wishy-washy on the matter. Lister thinks they are way overrated, but he's no expert. About as useful as putting N2 in your car tires to prevent corrosion on the rim.

Speaking of which, they are becoming popular in high-end cars.

Let's take one apart, shall we?

1 The navy started using something similar for electronic work centers and medical areas in the late 90's. These are electrostatic air cleaners. They most certainly do work but the crackling noise they make would drive a homeowner nuts.