Post by Grammatron » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:32 am

Classic Mexico.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Re: Mexico, WTF

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:22 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:59 pm
Of all zee gringos eet has been my great honor to interrogate, ju are een zee deepest chit.
Damn I slay me. :lmao:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:44 am

Anaxagoras wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:38 am
Could the "entire" Mexican government be on the take to drug cartels?
Isn't that the default position?
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Giz

Post by Giz » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:12 am

Yeah, the question is "how many honest Mexican politicians are there? "

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:24 am

Well it's one thing to have a general idea that there's a lot of corruption there probably, and another to learn specific details of who's bribing whom and for how much.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:07 am

I am sending out Diogenes to find an honest Mexican politician.

It is his lot in life.

Why so salty?

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!!

Witness

Post by Witness » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:16 am

Some lefty sites talk about a spontaneous strike at the maquiladoras along the border, but I found nothing in the mainstream press.

Witness

Post by Witness » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:48 am

Mexico’s Murder Rate Is so High It Has Altered the Life Expectancy of Men

The murder rate in Mexico is now so high it has altered the overall life expectancy of men living there. By analyzing cause-of-death data from the Mexican Institute of Statistics, researchers have discovered the staggering impact homicide is having on the nation—with the murder rate between 2005 and 2015 rising by 53 percent compared to the decade before.

A team from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) found that in the state of Chihuahua, 8,943 men between the ages of 15 and 50 were killed over 2010 and 2011. That’s nearly three times the number of U.S. troops killed in Iraq between 2003 and 2006.

Life expectancy in Mexico has steadily increased since the 1940s. However, recent data indicates it has started to stagnate.

The latest study, published in American Journal of Public Health, looks at life expectancy data over 20 years. In the decade between 1995 and 2005, life expectancy for men rose from 57.08 years to 58.25 years. Over the following 10 years, life expectancy for men only rose by half a year—a slowdown that has been directly attributed to a surge in murders, as the government’s “war on drugs” with cartels spills over to the civilian population.
[…]
The research follows a report by Mexico's Secretariat of Security and Citizen Protection that showed there were over 33,000 murders in Mexico in 2018—the highest number since records began. Over the year, 33,341 murder investigations were opened across the country. That is a 15 percent increase on 2017, where 25,036 homicides were reported. Guanajuato was found to have the most murders, with 3,290 homicides.
https://www.newsweek.com/mexico-murder- ... el-1303394

Witness

Post by Witness » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:50 pm

Witness wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:16 am
Some lefty sites talk about a spontaneous strike at the maquiladoras along the border, but I found nothing in the mainstream press.
They've woken up:
More than 25,000 workers strike at Mexican border factories

MEXICO CITY (AP) — More than 25,000 Mexican workers at dozens of factories south of Brownsville, Texas, went on strike Friday after owners of the plants that assemble for export refused union demands for a 20 percent pay hike and an annual bonus.

The Union of Maquiladora Industry Industrial Workers of Matamoros, the SJOIIM, said that by late Saturday nine companies had agreed to meet the salary and bonus demands.

Union leader Juan Villafuerte thanked union members who had stood outside in the rain and cold, noting “we hope to soon conclude this labor action.”

The government of Tamaulipas state said at least one company announced plans to leave the city of Matamoros. The state’s development office said other companies had halted expansion projects.

The strikes affect factories that make auto parts, medical equipment, plastics and other goods.
https://apnews.com/e9af83ca35254ec58c070f7494995143

Witness

Post by Witness » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:12 am

Update:
Mexican border plants losing $50 million a day amid strikes: industry group

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Labor strikes at several dozen manufacturers in the Mexican city of Matamoros on the United States border are costing the sector about $50 million a day in unfulfilled international contracts, an industry representative said on Tuesday.

The strikes have affected 45 plants since they began on Friday, Luis Aguirre, president of a national board representing exporting manufacturers (INDEX), said in a statement.

Matamoros, a city in the northern state of Tamaulipas, is one of Mexico’s top producers of auto parts and electronics.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexi ... reddit.com