Sanctuary City Boobies

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
User avatar
xouper
Posts: 9118
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:52 am
Location: HockeyTown USA

Sanctuary City Boobies

Post by xouper » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:56 am

Bob Price wrote:
VIDEO: NYPD ‘Powerless’ to Stop Naked Illegal Alien Panhandlers
by Bob Price 31 Jul 2017 New York City

Police in New York City expressed frustration about not being able to stop naked panhandlers from harassing the public because most of them are illegal aliens. Their status makes it difficult to enforce tickets because of Mayor de Blasio’s sanctuary city policies.
Way to go, Mayor!!! :WooHoo: Free boobies!!!

User avatar
Grammatron
Posts: 33788
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:21 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Sanctuary City Boobies

Post by Grammatron » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:31 am

Sucks for NY I guess.

User avatar
Anaxagoras
Posts: 22476
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:45 am
Location: Yokohama/Tokyo, Japan

Re: Sanctuary City Boobies

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:36 am

Uhhh, read the story. Doesn't sound like they're hurting anybody most of the time.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 68276
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom

Re: Sanctuary City Boobies

Post by Doctor X » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:42 am

Actually read the linked stories, do your homework, know what you are ranting about?

THAT WAY MADNESS LIES Anax!!

MADNESS!!!11!!11

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

User avatar
xouper
Posts: 9118
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:52 am
Location: HockeyTown USA

Re: Sanctuary City Boobies

Post by xouper » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:47 am

Anaxagoras wrote:Uhhh, read the story. Doesn't sound like they're hurting anybody most of the time.
That's true. Good point. Criminals are usually pretty good about not hurting anybody most of the time.

User avatar
Paulie Cicero
Posts: 146
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:52 am
Title: Legitimate Businessman

Re: Sanctuary City Boobies

Post by Paulie Cicero » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:46 am

We never hurt nobody. People loved each other, you didn't lock your doors! Even walked Henry's mother home from the grocery. Respect.

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 72293
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago

Re: Sanctuary City Boobies

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:45 am

"Powerless"

Because cop beatdowns of naked ladies in the one spot in the USA with the most cameras (including mainstream media) is not done for some reason.

This isn't Russia. :)
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

User avatar
gnome
Posts: 22376
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Re: Sanctuary City Boobies

Post by gnome » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:28 pm

I love the implication. "Sanctuary City" = "Place where illegal immigrants are immune to EVERY law."
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

User avatar
Anaxagoras
Posts: 22476
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:45 am
Location: Yokohama/Tokyo, Japan

Re: Sanctuary City Boobies

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:56 pm

gnome wrote:I love the implication. "Sanctuary City" = "Place where illegal immigrants are immune to EVERY law."
It does seem to be implied that somehow illegal immigrants are given special privileges or immunities that regular citizens can't get. I'm sure that's intentional.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

User avatar
gnome
Posts: 22376
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Re: Sanctuary City Boobies

Post by gnome » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:57 pm

Well, that's how you stir people up... "these undesirables, not only do they have rights only citizens should have, they have more rights than YOU!"
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 68276
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom

Re: Sanctuary City Boobies

Post by Doctor X » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:07 pm

Dey derk ür jerbz, gnome!

Remember!
  • 1. Canadian Law trumps US law!
    2. Sharia Courts supersede state and local courts!
    3. Your Children must learn to be the gay!
    4. Parents always know more about medicine than specialist physicians!
    5. Bands of Conservative Brown Shirts are slaughtering anyone Not-White-Christian!
    6. STEEL CAN'T MELT JET FUEL!
    7. Jews!
ALL proven on the interwebs!

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

User avatar
Skeeve
Posts: 10645
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:35 am

Re: Sanctuary City Boobies

Post by Skeeve » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:10 pm

xouper wrote:
Bob Price wrote:
VIDEO: NYPD ‘Powerless’ to Stop Naked Illegal Alien Panhandlers
by Bob Price 31 Jul 2017 New York City

Police in New York City expressed frustration about not being able to stop naked panhandlers from harassing the public because most of them are illegal aliens. Their status makes it difficult to enforce tickets because of Mayor de Blasio’s sanctuary city policies.
Way to go, Mayor!!! :WooHoo: Free boobies!!!
Hate to say this, but I don't think it would have gone down like that if Bloomberg was still mayor...
Then Skank Of America could start in...

User avatar
xouper
Posts: 9118
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:52 am
Location: HockeyTown USA

Re: Sanctuary City Boobies

Post by xouper » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:00 pm

gnome wrote:I love the implication. "Sanctuary City" = "Place where illegal immigrants are immune to EVERY law."
Nice straw man there.

gnome wrote:Well, that's how you stir people up... "these undesirables, not only do they have rights only citizens should have, they have more rights than YOU!"
Yes, stir people up with the facts.

I'm all in favor of stirring up people about this issue. I am sick and tired of politicians protecting illegal aliens at the expense of people who are here legally.

User avatar
gnome
Posts: 22376
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Re: Sanctuary City Boobies

Post by gnome » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Considering how often stories with exactly the same theme turn out to NOT be factual, I think a little more evidence is warranted here.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 72293
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago

Re: Sanctuary City Boobies

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:12 pm

Naah. If you were from NYC you'd have no trouble believing it.

I will also add that it would be very similar if not exactly the same even if no illegal aliens were involved.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

User avatar
gnome
Posts: 22376
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Re: Sanctuary City Boobies

Post by gnome » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:40 pm

If that's so, then it's still a distortion to claim this story is an example of police "powerless" because they are illegal aliens.

I haven't heard an explanation of what the consequences would be if they performed an arrest, that changes because of the status of the suspect.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 72293
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago

Re: Sanctuary City Boobies

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:43 pm

gnome wrote:I haven't heard an explanation of what the consequences would be if they performed an arrest, that changes because of the status of the suspect.
Deportation after being arrested for anything.

That's how they do it in Arizona.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

User avatar
Grammatron
Posts: 33788
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:21 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Sanctuary City Boobies

Post by Grammatron » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:44 pm

gnome wrote:If that's so, then it's still a distortion to claim this story is an example of police "powerless" because they are illegal aliens.

I haven't heard an explanation of what the consequences would be if they performed an arrest, that changes because of the status of the suspect.
I don't know how aggressive they are in NYC but in LA, in touristy areas, they can be pretty aggressive.

User avatar
gnome
Posts: 22376
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Re: Sanctuary City Boobies

Post by gnome » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:11 pm

So is the case being made, that since arrest would lead to deportment, that because it's a sanctuary city they aren't allowed to arrest illegal aliens at all?

Something's not connecting here.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

User avatar
Grammatron
Posts: 33788
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:21 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Sanctuary City Boobies

Post by Grammatron » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:16 pm

gnome wrote:So is the case being made, that since arrest would lead to deportment, that because it's a sanctuary city they aren't allowed to arrest illegal aliens at all?

Something's not connecting here.
I'm not sure about that claim myself. The source is one anonymous police official who said it may be the reason.

Reality is that cops don't want to do their job or are not adequately staffed/funded to do their job.
But in the first 12 months since the zones were established, cops issued 220 summonses — or an average of well below even one a day, despite the flagrant flouting of the rules