Attack on Rand Paul

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Attack on Rand Paul

Post by Pyrrho » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:52 pm

Damn. 5 busted ribs, bruised lungs...the guy must have used a baseball bat, or knocked him down and kicked the shit out of him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpos ... story.html
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

WildCat

Re: Attack on Rand Paul

Post by WildCat » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:57 pm

More violence from a progressive thug.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:00 pm

Oh no, he's a white guy, he's just misunderstood and has issues. We're lucky he didn't decide to shoot up a day care center. If he was black he'd be a thug and we'd be reading about his rap sheet, or, if he didn't have one, the rap sheets of his relatives and friends.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:04 pm

WildCat wrote:More violence from a progressive thug.
You're probably right but when I first read it was his neighbor I figured Paul was boning the guys wife. Turns out he's divorced.
Boucher was released Saturday on $7,500 bond, according to county jail records. He is scheduled to appear in court Nov. 9.
Seems low given the job of the victim.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/351
(e) Whoever assaults any person designated in subsection (a) of this section shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if the assault involved the use of a dangerous weapon, or personal injury results, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:25 pm

Rand Paul probably mowed over the line into the guy's yard. Suburbanites hate that shit.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:27 am

My question is, why such a low-level charge? "fourth-degree assault"?

The guy has broken bones, etc.

Is Landscaping Drama at the Root of Rand Paul’s Assault?
The precise provenance of the dispute was still a matter of disagreement on Monday. But the back story of the fracas began to come into focus and with it, the realization that Mr. Paul’s injuries could keep him from Washington, where Republicans in the Senate hold only a slim majority, for some time.

Mr. Paul had just stepped off a riding lawn mower on Friday when Rene Boucher, a retired anesthesiologist who lived next door, charged and tackled him. Because Mr. Paul was wearing sound-muting earmuffs, he did not realize Mr. Boucher was coming, according to one of the Kentucky Republicans and a friend familiar with the altercation.

“Rand never saw him coming or heard him coming,” said the friend, Robert Porter, who visited Mr. Paul on Saturday.

The damage was severe. Aides to Mr. Paul said on Sunday that the Kentucky Republican had suffered five broken ribs and bruises to his lungs. When a Kentucky State Police trooper showed up at Mr. Paul’s home on Friday afternoon, the senator had small cuts around his nose and mouth, and had trouble breathing because of the injuries to his ribs.

Police have charged Mr. Boucher, 59, with a misdemeanor count of assault. Authorities on Monday were considering raising the charge to a felony, given the severity of Mr. Paul’s injuries.

Mr. Paul, 54, has long stood out in the well-to-do gated neighborhood south of Bowling Green, Ky., that he calls home. The senator grows pumpkins on his property, composts and has shown little interest for neighborhood regulations.

But the spectacle of the incident — one former doctor attacking another in broad daylight — was altogether different. Competing explanations of the origins of the drama cited stray yard clippings, newly planted saplings and unraked leaves.

“We don’t have squabbles out here,” said Jackie Douglas, a neighbor of the two men. “If you can afford to live out here, you tend to your own business.”

The two men were anything but strangers. Mr. Paul and Mr. Boucher have lived next to each other for 17 years, and at one point even worked at the same hospital. Mr. Boucher practiced for many years as an anesthesiologist and invented a rice-filled vest used for back pain. He now lives alone, neighbors said.

Matthew J. Baker, a lawyer for Mr. Boucher, called the matter “a very regrettable dispute” between neighbors over a “trivial” matter.

The incident “has absolutely nothing to do with either’s politics or political agendas,” Mr. Baker said in a statement on Monday. “It was a very regrettable dispute between two neighbors over a matter that most people would regard as trivial.”

“We sincerely hope that Senator Paul is doing well and that these two gentlemen can get back to being neighbors as quickly as possible,” Mr. Baker said.

In Kentucky and in Washington, Mr. Baker’s comment about the “trivial” nature of the dispute prompted speculation about what had gone down, and how long Mr. Paul would remain at home.

Neighbors said it was well known that the men had strongly divergent political views — Mr. Paul is a libertarian who identifies as a Republican; Mr. Boucher is a registered Democrat. But they said the dispute had more to do with long-simmering tensions over their adjacent properties than politics.

“They just couldn’t get along. I think it had very little to do with Democrat or Republican politics,” said Jim Skaggs, who developed the gated community and who lives nearby. “I think it was a neighbor-to-neighbor thing. They just both had strong opinions, and a little different ones about what property rights mean.”
And Paul himself seems to be reluctant to talk about it:
Doug Stafford, a senior strategist to Mr. Paul, declined to answer questions about the dispute on Monday. He said only that it was “a pending, serious criminal matter involving state and federal authorities.”

On Sunday, Mr. Paul wrote on Twitter that the altercation was an “unfortunate event.” Initial reports described his injuries as “minor,” and a spokeswoman for Mr. Paul said the senator was “fine.”

The three Kentucky Republicans, who requested anonymity to discuss the case, said Mr. Paul had been embarrassed by the incident and was not interested in drawing attention to it.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:30 am

What, no alcohol?

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:31 am

"The senator grows pumpkins on his property, composts and has shown little interest for neighborhood regulations."

"little interest for neighborhood regulations" :x :cussing:
William Shakespeare

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:37 am

There ya go. Lowering property values.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:48 am

Anaxagoras wrote:My question is, why such a low-level charge? "fourth-degree assault"?
Because the prosecutor favors the perpetrator's politics.

There is no rule of law.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:33 am

It pays to be white and rich.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!!

Rob Lister

Post by Rob Lister » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:59 am

Somebody needs to google earth Paul's yard and see if he's the Lister of his neighborhood.

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:09 pm

The neighbor's house, or part of it. Allegedly the two properties "share a corner" whatever that means.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:10 pm

Rob Lister wrote:Somebody needs to google earth Paul's yard and see if he's the Lister of his neighborhood.
According to the article, it's a gated community called Rivergreen in Bowling Green, KY. I googled it and found some real estate sites. Looks like, well the asking price on the cheapest house I saw was $650 K.
William Shakespeare

Rob Lister

Post by Rob Lister » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:55 pm

I'm perplexed by Paul's response to this. His spokesmen say he's 'embarrassed' by it and won't be forcing the issue.

There's something more to this than leaves from his trees blowing in the other guys yard. I going back to my original stance that Paul was boning the guy's wife.

http://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/ran ... ew/google/

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:41 am

The Senator is returning to work although he is apparently still in a good deal of pain, and still reluctant to shed any light on what it was all about:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/rand- ... le/2640560
Struggling to breathe and talk, the result of six ribs being broken in the incident, Paul told Secrets that he knew of no motive that would have sparked his neighbor to hit him from behind.

“From my perspective, I’m not really too concerned about what someone’s motive is. I’m just concerned that I was attacked from the back and somebody broke six of my ribs and gave me a damaged lung where at least for now I have trouble speaking and breathing and now I’ve hurt for 10 days,” the senator said after arriving back in Washington for a week of critical votes.
Neighbors don't think it was any kind of landscaping dispute:
Paul, 54, suffered six broken ribs, cuts on his face, and has fluid buildup in his chest. Recovery could take months and the pain is great, he said.

Paul and Boucher share a property line in the gated Rivergreen community in Bowling Green, Ky. Several neighbors reached out to Secrets to reject early claims that the dispute was related to poor landscaping by Paul, and there has never been a complaint about that filed with the community’s homeowners association.

No official reason has been given for the attack and the lawyer for Boucher, 59, said politics was not the cause. Social media posts from Boucher show that he is aggressively anti-Trump and anti-Republican.
Political motive? :notsure:
The two-term senator said that he hasn’t talked to Boucher in a decade. “My first encounter was basically being hit in the back,” he said. “We’ve never had words over anything, we’ve never had a dispute or discussion or words,” added Paul, who was at the Republicans' Congressional Baseball Game practice when members under fire by a gunman angry at the GOP.

Paul said in this case, “there is going to be a criminal prosecution,” and felt limited in what he could or wanted to say about the case.
And an earlier story getting reactions from the neighbors:
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/rand- ... le/2640090
Rand Paul's neighbors rip media 'landscaping dispute' reports

The Bowling Green, Ky., neighbor who allegedly attacked Sen. Rand Paul last weekend, causing six broken ribs, was aggressively anti-Trump and anti-GOP in his social media, calling for the impeachment of the president and urging special counsel Robert Mueller to “fry Trump’s gonads.”

Captured screenshots of Rene Boucher’s Facebook page provided to Secrets and taken down since the event also show that the anesthesiologist was a fan of the #NeverTrump clan.

Boucher's lawyer said that politics played no part and it has been suggested that the two verbally tussled over lawn clippings, leaving the impression that the Republican Kentucky senator was a negligent landscaper.

But seven neighbors in the Rivergreen gated community told Secrets Wednesday that the Pauls are friendly homeowners who kept their property tidy.

“The Pauls' landscaping looks just like everyone’s place in Rivergreen. Wish I could get him to cut my lawn,” said neighbor Robert Warner. “As a friend, neighbor and senator, Rand has been first class in every way. What I find amazing is the fact that he cuts his own grass. Our neighborhood is fortunate that the Paul’s live here,” he added.

All seven neighbors expressed shock at the “scary” attack on Paul as he was doing yard work last Saturday and they dismissed reports that it was the result of poor landscaping. However, they are puzzled about why Boucher, 59, allegedly tackled Paul, 54, who was wearing ear plugs at the time. Boucher has been charged with assault.

“The stories of a ‘landscaping dispute’ or a dispute of any sort between Rand Paul and Rene Boucher are erroneous and unfounded. The reason for Mr. Boucher’s bizarre attack is known only to him. Statements to the contrary are irresponsible and unnecessary,” said neighbor Travis Creed.

He added: “Speculation regarding Boucher’s motive has led to an unfair characterization of the Pauls and their home. The Pauls are and always have been great neighbors and friends. They take pride in their property and maintain it accordingly. Rand has enjoyed working on and maintaining his lawn for as long as I have known him.”
So, we are left with either the political motive, which seems consistent with the guy's social media posts, or something like Rob suggested which nobody is admitting to. Or some other mystery motive, but landscaping doesn't appear to play a role here.
William Shakespeare

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:03 am

I wonder if the guy had a brain tumor or something. If the motive was political, the attack still doesn't make a lot of sense unless he didn't care about getting caught. I guess he's following his lawyer's advice and keeping his mouth shut.
William Shakespeare

Rob Lister

Post by Rob Lister » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:36 pm

This is just too weird.
The Rand Paul Attack Isn't Getting Any Less Weird
Senator's wife denies any sort of 'dispute' with neighbor in op-ed
http://www.newser.com/story/251964/the- ... weird.html

If this had happened to any other senator, would the guy be out on bail?

Let's say it happened to Hillary, while she was a senator. Neighbor, stranger, anybody, would that person be out on bail after beating her to the ground, breaking several ribs, causing massive internal injuries and whatever? I think not.

What the fuck?

Rand isn't pushing it. That is clear. I cannot fathom why.

I think that DocX was right and that it is a politically motivated attack. Still, because Rand is not pushing this, he may have been bonking the guy's wife.

I just don't fucking get why this get gets by with a $7500 dollar bail.

Sparks. I assign you to get to the bottom of this.
Last edited by Rob Lister on Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:41 pm

Rob Lister wrote:This is just too weird.

Let's say it happened to Hillary, while she was a senator. Neighbor, stranger, anybody, would that person be out on bail after beating her to the ground, breaking several ribs, causing massive internal injuries and whatever? I think not.

What the fuck?
If you're not a Democrat then violence is OK. That's how it works these days, just look at all the violence directed at Trump supporters during the election that was ignored by the media. But on the rare occasion a Trump supporter touched a protestor it made headlines for weeks.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Rob Lister

Post by Rob Lister » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:47 pm

WildCat wrote:
Rob Lister wrote:This is just too weird.

What the fuck?
If you're not a Democrat then violence is OK. That's how it works these days, just look at all the violence directed at Trump supporters during the election that was ignored by the media. But on the rare occasion a Trump supporter touched a protestor it made headlines for weeks.
That's the weird thing. Rand could have pushed this. He didn't. Or maybe he couldn't push it. That theory makes me lose faith it the unequal protection of law.