Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: China: The Celestial Thread

Post by Doctor X » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:54 am

Did ワイフ様と娘様 look at you like this:
Unconvinced.png
?

--J.D.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!!

Witness

Post by Witness » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:58 am

China reduces army by half, increases size of navy and air force in big way

The 2 million-strong Chinese military has significantly boosted its navy, air force and new strategic units and downsized its land-based army, the Hong Kong-based South China Morning Post reported quoting a state-run Xinhua report.

In a feature report highlighting the "transformational changes" made by the PLA, Xinhua on Sunday said "this new data is unprecedented in the history of the PLA – the army now accounts for less than 50 per cent of the total number of PLA troops; almost half of our non-combatant units have been made redundant, and the number of officers in the PLA has been reduced by 30 per cent."
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/wor ... 641756.cms

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:10 am

Primary likely opponent is a major naval and air power.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Witness

Post by Witness » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:51 am

China tests opening up social credit scores to social media platform WeChat with debt map

• Almost 13 million people are on a financial blacklist
  • A new app marks the location of "deadbeat debtors"
  • Courts are finding new ways to "name and shame" people under China's developing Social Credit System
In China's Hebei province, a red circle sweeps out a radius on a map, like a naval radar scanning for enemy ships.

It is the latest tool to be piloted as part of China's Social Credit System (SCS) that is geared at monitoring the behaviour of the Asian superpower's 1.4 billion citizens and separating the trustworthy from the disobedient.

Nicknamed the Deadbeat Map, the mini program is accessible within Chinese social media platform WeChat and it allows users to pinpoint the location of those who have failed to pay their debts within a 500-metre radius.

It is the latest court-mandated escalation in naming and shaming "laolai" — a derogatory term for dishonest debtors who are placed on a financial blacklist.

Tapping on a person marked on the map reveals their personal information, including their full name, court case number and the reason they have been labelled untrustworthy. Identity card numbers and home addresses are also partially shown.
A screenshot shows the number of people listed as untrustworthy is almost 13 million. More than 18 million banned from flying.
Photo: A screenshot from China's Enforcement Information Disclosure website shows the number of people listed as "untrustworthy" by the courts.

The map turns red to mark a higher concentration of dishonest debtors, but downgrades to orange, yellow and blue if there are fewer.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-24/ ... a/10739016

Witness

Post by Witness » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:08 am

↑ Update/corrective:

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:34 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:10 am
Chinese dissidents have a navy and air force?
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:50 am

WildCat wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:34 am
Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:10 am
Chinese dissidents have a navy and air force?
Specifically to be able counter a US aircraft carrier group without having to go nuclear.

Just in case they ever need to do that.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Witness

Post by Witness » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:52 am

https://i.imgur.com/KZNJjEx.gifv

They always have these mancatchers ready. :o

Witness

Post by Witness » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:59 am

Is China’s corruption-busting AI system ‘Zero Trust’ being turned off for being too efficient?
  • Despite being restricted to just 30 counties and cities, artificial intelligence system has already helped snare 8,721 officials
  • System cross-references big data to evaluate work and personal lives of millions of government workers
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science ... rned-being for the details.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:36 am

Yanxi Palace: Why China turned against its most popular show

It was one of China's most popular shows of 2018 - but it's now being pulled from TV screens across the country.

The story of Yanxi Palace, a drama about life in imperial China, broke records when it was released last year.

It was streamed more than 15 billion times on China Netflix-like iQiyi and became the most watched online drama in China for 39 consecutive days.

All that changed in late January when a state media article criticised the "negative impact" of imperial dramas, and it wasn't long before Yanxi Palace was taken off air.

So why has this blockbuster show fallen from grace?
'Bad for Chinese society'

It all started when Theory Weekly - a title linked to state newspaper the Beijing Daily - posted an article criticising period dramas and singling out Yanxi Palace in particular.

It listed several "negative impacts" these shows had on Chinese society, like propagating a luxurious and hedonistic lifestyle, encouraging admiration for imperial life and a glorification of emperors overshadowing the heroes of today.

The magazine named several other popular imperial period dramas, like Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace, Scarlet Heart and The Legend of Mi Yue.
Wow.

No period dramas for you!! So sayeth Chairman Xi.

They're even taking away their fantasy worlds.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Witness

Post by Witness » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:00 am

Tibetan woman elected student president in Canada, Chinese students enraged

Chemi Lhamo's social media pages have been flooded with insults

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — A Tibetan student elected president of a Canadian university’s student union has been hit with backlash from Chinese peers.

Chemi Lhamo, who studies at the University of Toronto’s Scarborough Campus, posted the following message on her Instagram page Sunday following news of her victory:

“Thank you to everyone for all the support and love. I’m honoured to share that I will be serving as the President of the University of Toronto Scarborough Student’s Union starting May 1st once ratified. Driven by my own values of wisdom and compassion, I’m looking forward to this new step.”

In the three days since the message was published, all of Lhamo’s Instagram posts have been flooded with inflammatory comments declaring support for China's occupation of Tibet, and denouncing her as a “religious whore” and “opportunistic traitor” among countless other insults.
https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3637320

:|

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:40 am

I'm slightly skeptical to take this at face value.

the website is "taiwan news"? What's that first of all? I'm sure we all know the relationship between Taiwan and China and that between Tibet and China.

Were they objecting to the mere fact that she is Tibetan or something else?

We should ask Richard Gere.
William Shakespeare

Witness

Post by Witness » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:38 am

Anaxagoras wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:40 am
I'm slightly skeptical to take this at face value.

the website is "taiwan news"? What's that first of all? I'm sure we all know the relationship between Taiwan and China and that between Tibet and China.

Were they objecting to the mere fact that she is Tibetan or something else?

We should ask Richard Gere.
Finding Western sources isn't difficult, e. g.:
'China is your daddy': Backlash against Tibetan student's election prompts questions about foreign influence

Chemi Lhamo, 22, got thousands of hateful comments after becoming U of T Scarborough student president

On Saturday morning, Chemi Lhamo, 22, learned she'd been elected student president at the University of Toronto's Scarborough campus (UTSC).

By noon, her phone was buzzing incessantly with notifications. But instead of messages of congratulations, Lhamo — a Canadian citizen of Tibetan origin — realized a photo she'd posted on Instagram for the Lunar New Year was attracting thousands of hateful comments, most rife with anti-Tibet sentiment, some threatening.
[…]
That wasn't all. A petition calling on Lhamo to step down had amassed nearly 10,000 signatures.

And there was a message on the Chinese mobile service We Chat making the rounds, calling on Chinese international students to stop Lhamo from becoming president.

The message, posted by the account Ladder Street, said: "The U of T student union is about to be controlled by Tibetan separatists." The message also says Lhamo shouldn't benefit from the millions of dollars brought in each year by Chinese students.

[&c.]
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ ... -1.5019648

But I liked her Taiwanese picture better. :mrgreen:

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:24 am

So it's because she's a Tibetan seperatist, not because she's Tibetan. I think that's an important distinction.

I don't have any dog in that fight, but I'm not really surprised. The Chinese are extremely sensitive about it. I think they overestimate the importance of the University of Toronto’s student union. Even if it's controlled by Tibetan seperatists, it's still just a student union at a Canadian university.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:47 am

The Old Cunts who run China remember the last time students had a voice.

They overcompensate. Hence their entire reaction to Canada when, so goes Canada, so goes . . . well . . . Canada.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!!