The First Mueller Anniversary

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: The First Mueller Anniversary

Post by Doctor X » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:17 am

For what reason?

Because he opposed Her Turn?

Because [Insert Your Fallacy Here--Ed.]?

Why do you hate America?

:freedom:

--J.D.

P.S. Still, they really cannot seem to avoid tripping over their dicks on this one.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!!

Surprise

Post by Surprise » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:45 am

Papadopolous and Downer
George Papadopolous, another former Trump campaign adviser, met in London in March 2016 with a professor there, Joseph Mifsud, who was connected to the Russian ministry of foreign affairs. Mifsud, who has since disappeared, wanted to set up a meeting between Trump and Vladimir Putin. The following month, at London’s Andaz hotel, Mifsud told Papadopolous that Russia had “dirt” on Trump presidential rival Hillary Clinton through “thousands of emails.” That was months before Russian military intelligence’s penetration of the Democratic National Committee servers was public.

That wasn’t all. In May 2016, Papadopolous would later confess, he told an Australian diplomat about the Russian “dirt” during a meet up at London’s Kensington Wine Rooms. Downer did what Papadopolous wouldn’t: he told the FBI what he had heard from a Trump campaign adviser about a Russian intelligence operation against a major American political figure.

Papadopolous has since pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about his Russia connections and is cooperating with the Mueller probe. Earlier this month, Papadopolous was sentenced to serve 14 days in prison.
It's not just Steele raising red flags.

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:22 am

gnome wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:08 pm
Has Muller made any promises about the significance of his findings? I don't know who counts as "et al", but I'm not expecting anything from him but to give a factual report however it "looks" to whoever. Did I miss some partisan rah-rah from him?
No rah rah but he is, ipso facto, a hero to the left because he is taking on Trump. I understand that he is doing an investigation that is "neutral" but he is looking for things that might result in Trumps removal.

He is not writing the narrative, the MSM and the democrats are. Unless he denies in some way it is his narrative. He'll own it. And I sorta think that that might matter to him.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

ed

Post by ed » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:23 am

Surprise wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:23 am
That warrant was to spy on Carter Page.
Which is, ipso facto, permission to spy on Trump.

ed

Post by ed » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:38 am

Hmmmm ...
Surprise wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:45 am
Papadopolous and Downer
George Papadopolous, another former Trump campaign adviser, met in London in March 2016 with a professor there, Joseph Mifsud, who was connected to the Russian ministry of foreign affairs. Mifsud, who has since disappeared,
Um hmmm. .. how "unfortunate" :roll:
wanted to set up a meeting between Trump and Vladimir Putin. The following month, at London’s Andaz hotel, Mifsud told Papadopolous that Russia had “dirt” on Trump presidential rival Hillary Clinton through “thousands of emails.” That was months before Russian military intelligence’s penetration of the Democratic National Committee servers was public.
That assumes facts not in evidence. I was under the impression that the volume of stuff precluded a remote hack and that evidence pointed to an inside job. What is the status of that? Has the FBI looked into it? Has anyone?
That wasn’t all.
"But wait, there's more? Really? Do tell.
In May 2016, Papadopolous would later confess, he told an Australian diplomat about the Russian “dirt” during a meet up at London’s Kensington Wine Rooms. Downer did what Papadopolous wouldn’t: he told the FBI what he had heard from a Trump campaign adviser about a Russian intelligence operation against a major American political figure.

Papadopolous has since pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about his Russia connections and is cooperating with the Mueller probe. Earlier this month, Papadopolous was sentenced to serve 14 days in prison.
[/quote]
It's not just Steele raising red flags.
Lets be clear, Steele raised nothing. His "dossier" does not provide any support for anything, least of which evidence of misdeeds that can be built upon. Think of it as fruit of the poisoned tree.

This looks to me like misdirection after a really embarrassing and telling fuck up with buzzfeed.

It also looks like the "where's there's smoke, there's fire" fallacy. Phoney shit does not become credible beacuse there is a lot of it and because it seems to mount.

Incidentally, this is the first time, I believe, that I have overtly defended Trump. But what is going on, as it was with Kavenaugh, is increasingly obvious as theater, not a serious investigation. And the left, in their headlong effort to "get" Trump is just making it clearer and clearer.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:45 pm

So, no "red flags" then.

Glad that is sorted.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:02 pm

Surprise wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:23 am
That warrant was to spy on Carter Page.
And thus the Trump campaign.

What was Carter Page charged with again?
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Surprise

Post by Surprise » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:57 pm

Mueller is still working his way through the rogues gallery that Trump has surrounded himself with.

Surprise

Post by Surprise » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:06 pm

ed wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:38 am

That assumes facts not in evidence. I was under the impression that the volume of stuff precluded a remote hack and that evidence pointed to an inside job. What is the status of that? Has the FBI looked into it? Has anyone?

It's your impression? Kids download gigabytes of stuff without blinking these days. Massive data breaches are a regular event.

The FISA warrent is for an investigation, not to provide proof.

Surprise

Post by Surprise » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:13 pm

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:28 pm

If we keep looking at it, maybe it will become a fumble rather than an incomplete pass.

--J.D.

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:33 am

:Popcorn:
Then Skank Of America could start in...

ed

Post by ed » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:30 am

Surprise wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:06 pm
ed wrote:

It's your impression? Kids download gigabytes of stuff without blinking these days. Massive data breaches are a regular event.

The only fig leaf that prevents the FISA "Court" from being a Star Chamber is that warrants are not issued for fishing expeditions. This one was.

ed

Post by ed » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:34 am

Surprise wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:13 pm
The dossier, a retrospective

Lost me with this... Circular reasoning at it's finest.
The indictment of 12 officers of the Russian Main Intelligence Directorate of the General Staff (GRU) corroborates these allegations from Steele’s sources.
The fact that the dossier was opposition research was kept from the "court". That would have given even that august body pause before they allowed spying on a presidential candidate.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

It is Faux News but links in the Japanese Original:
But Mueller issued his first public statement in more than a year to repudiate the BuzzFeed report the next day, flatly asserting that BuzzFeed's story was "not accurate." The Washington Post has since reported that Mueller intended his rare denial to mean that the story was "almost entirely incorrect," and that the special counsel's office immediately "reviewed evidence to determine if there were any documents or witness interviews like those described, reaching out to those they thought might have a stake in the case. They found none."

The Junior Channel
Though why they would even have to search . . . to be fair, I think Mueller & Co. did "due diligence" just to make sure the Cohen Recordings were not holding up a short leg of that desk in the basement next to the boilers . . .

. . . underneath the video of Ray Rice Goodell "lost."

--J.D.

ed

Post by ed » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:55 am

Doctor X wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am
The Washington Post has since reported that Mueller intended his rare denial to mean that the story was "almost entirely incorrect,"

--J.D.
Help me to understand, I'm sorta stupid and I need stuff like this spelled out for me.

Is the WP saying that :
1-they can read minds
or
2-that mueller contacted them above all others and personally told them what his intent was because he is stupid too and has problems with the english language

is there a third or fourth option?

ed

Post by ed » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:16 pm

Surprise wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:06 pm
ed wrote:

Another question: what specific evidence is there that the Russians did anything? If the "interference" in our election was buying some ads on facebook then I submit that someone should by lined up against a wall and shot for continuing on about "intereference". I want to hear about massive failures of voting machines, switched votes, good old shithole bananna republic stuff. The facebook thing is too stupid to talk about. The null hypothesis is that the russians were too drunk to do much more than engage in the national pastime of competitive ballistic vomiting for distance and accuracy. Refute it for me.

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:29 pm

ed wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:55 am
Doctor X wrote:
The Washington Post has since reported that Mueller intended his rare denial to mean that the story was "almost entirely incorrect,"

--J.D.
Help me to understand, I'm sorta stupid and I need stuff like this spelled out for me.

Is the WP saying that :
1-they can read minds
or
2-that mueller contacted them above all others and personally told them what his intent was because he is stupid too and has problems with the english language

Don't hate me ed, but the fourth option is:
wait for it...
it was HER TURN!!!
Then Skank Of America could start in...

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:17 am

ed wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:55 am
Doctor X wrote:

--J.D.

Is the WP saying that :
1-they can read minds
or

I think option 2. The original statement was a bit gnomic. I blame gnome.

They chose to say "not accurate" IIRC, which to me isn't necessarily the same as "almost entirely incorrect". To me, it could mean anything from entirely wrong to "a bit off the mark".
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

gnome

Post by gnome » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:24 am

Hey!
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2