Feminism Fails

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
User avatar
Grammatron
Posts: 33799
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:21 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Feminism Fails

Post by Grammatron » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:29 am

This is Swedish Feminism fail. Which is a feminism fails so it's perfectly suited for this thread.

This is not a fail of all feminism as a general concept.

User avatar
Anaxagoras
Posts: 22536
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:45 am
Location: Yokohama/Tokyo, Japan

Re: Feminism Fails

Post by Anaxagoras » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:10 am

Stenungsund, Sweden, where there's so much rape the police are overwhelmed.

I'm sure there's a lot more information in Swedish than there is in English, and I'm wary of outside sources with an agenda.

Fwiw, here is the Wiki on the town:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stenungsund

Stenungsund is a locality and the seat of Stenungsund Municipality, Västra Götaland County, Sweden with 9,987 inhabitants in 2010.[1]

That is a small town, unless the population has increased dramatically since 2010, but maybe the police force is small too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_to_Sweden
At the turn of the 20th century, Sweden had very few immigrants. In 1900, the nationwide population totaled 5,100,814 inhabitants, of whom 35,627 individuals were foreign-born (0.7%).
As of 2010, 1.33 million people or 14.3% of the inhabitants of Sweden were foreign-born.
As of 2017, the percentage inhabitants with a foreign background in Sweden had risen to 24.1%.[6]
So the foreign-born population seems to have increased by 10% since 2010. Perhaps a police department that used to be adequate in a low-crime country is no longer up to the task.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

User avatar
Grammatron
Posts: 33799
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:21 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Feminism Fails

Post by Grammatron » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:19 am

Which, IMO makes this a valid criticism of a system that prides itself on allocating resources with feminism in mind. As in providing resources for protecting of and investigating assault (sexual or otherwise) crimes pertaining to women, which I would think is one of the top priorities of feminism.

Sweden made the claim but this example shows they still have work to do.

User avatar
gnome
Posts: 22396
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Re: Feminism Fails

Post by gnome » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:34 pm

I begin to catch the drift--a case of "failing to live up to their mission" rather than "fucking things up because of their mission" -- I think I was reacting as if to the latter.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

User avatar
Grammatron
Posts: 33799
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:21 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Feminism Fails

Post by Grammatron » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:07 pm

gnome wrote:I begin to catch the drift--a case of "failing to live up to their mission" rather than "fucking things up because of their mission" -- I think I was reacting as if to the latter.
Yes, I would agree with that

User avatar
Skeeve
Posts: 10662
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:35 am

Re: Feminism Fails

Post by Skeeve » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:49 am

Education and Feminist Fails!
First an apparent success.
Between academic years 2003–04 and 2013–14, the total number of postsecondary degrees awarded increased at all degree levels: certificates by 41 percent (from 688,000 to 969,000), associate's degrees by 51 percent (from 665,000 to 1.0 million), bachelor's degrees by 34 percent (from 1.4 million to 1.9 million), master's degrees by 34 percent (from 564,000 to 754,000), and doctor's degrees by 41 percent (from 126,000 to 178,000). Reflecting the overall increase in the number of postsecondary degrees awarded at each level, the number of postsecondary degrees awarded generally increased for racial/ethnic groups at each level between 2003–04 and 2013–14.
https://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=72
Yea yea yea, so what's your point skeeve?
ImageOkay POINT One: Notice that females are in the majority.

Not surprisingly this leads to....
Smart Educated women need to marry down to become mothers because there aren't enough smart men to go around, researchers warn Okay if you assume educated equates to intelligence fine, I don't. Anyway.
Intelligent women should consider marrying less clever men if they want to start a family, according to researchers.

There are simply not enough brainy men to go round – so women may need to widen their search, warned the author of a report that found a growing number of professional women were freezing their eggs because they couldn’t find ‘Mr Right’.
...
‘They didn’t want to marry or partner with someone less educated and of lower socio-economic status,’ she said. ‘They wanted equality in their relationship.’ In fact, another study co-authored by Professor Inhorn found women often desired men from a higher socio-economic level.

‘Traditionally, women in societies around the world have tried to achieve hypergamy, or “marrying up” in an attempt to secure a better future for themselves and their children,’ the study said, although it acknowledged that with more women in education, ‘these trends may be reversing’.
So when more women are educated (to where it is close to 6 women for every 4 men graduating) it looks as if there aren't enough good men to go around.
Point Two: oops...

Well it looks as if women are gonna have to consider either marrying down, or freezing their eggs.
Oh well, meanwhile....

Suzanne Venker: My message for women -- 'Marrying down' is nothing to celebrate
...
A record 25 percent of husbands are now marrying wives who have more education than the man of the house.
...
Though we don’t hear much about it, hypergamy – the preference of most women to marry “up” – is still alive and well, as America’s single men can attest. Women have always preferred to marry men of a higher rank, or men who make more money (or have the capacity to make more money due to their career choices).

Hypergamy doesn’t exist because women are greedy. (Well, some are, I suppose; but that’s a side issue.) It exists because pregnancy, childbirth and the needs of babies invariably make women vulnerable.
...
It’s well-documented that most women leave the workforce for a period of time after they have children and thus need a husband on whom they can rely for a period of time.
...
Another problem with women marrying down is that the sociological data on divorce rates among this group are grim. One reason is that at some point down the line, many of these wives lose respect for or become dissatisfied with their low-achieving husbands. This is either because the two don’t share the same drive, or because the man’s inability to earn enough money puts undue pressure on the wife to produce.
POINT Three....
You can follow the link if you wish (its a nice NPR interview).

Feminism, with its push for equality between the sexes, has succeeded in getting more women into higher education (ignore the fact that men are now a minority in college - its all about equality, right?), has made it more difficult for educated women to be able to "marry up."

Despite the fact that this shouldn't matter, apparently it still does.
And the social consequences (when women "marry down") can be pretty bad...

FAIL!
Then Skank Of America could start in...

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 72373
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago

Re: Feminism Fails

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:01 pm

I call that feminist success, even if an individual feminist here or there doesn't care for the results.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

User avatar
Skeeve
Posts: 10662
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:35 am

Re: Feminism Fails

Post by Skeeve » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:22 am

Hungary bans gender studies because it is 'an ideology not a science'
Hungary’s populist government has banned gender studies degrees citing low enrollment numbers that waste taxpayer money and because it is “an ideology not a science.”

Left-wing critics say it’s academically problematic, politically unheard of in a democratic society, and argue gender studies degrees do lead to jobs.
...
“The Hungarian government is of the clear view that people are born either men or women,” Orban’s chief of staff said in August. “They lead their lives the way they think best, but beyond this, the Hungarian state does not wish to spend public funds on education in this area.”
...
“Whether or not you believe in the academic merit in gender studies as a field, it is a legitimate academic field, so banning it is a historic violation of academic freedom,” said Fodor, who has taught gender studies for the past 15 years.
:doglaugh:

A former communist country, dumping essentially Marxest bullshit....go figure.
Then Skank Of America could start in...

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 72373
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago

Re: Feminism Fails

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:34 am

Back when it was a Communist country, that shit wasn't "Marxist" bullshit.

If it came up at all, it would have been in the category of "bourgeois decadence".
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

User avatar
Witness
Posts: 17814
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Re: Feminism Fails

Post by Witness » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:59 pm

Second Abdul on that, the association with Marxism is spurious. (We can count on journalists to have at least read the Manifesto – all work and no fun, BTW – before writing about Marxism, right? As for the snowflakes…)

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 72373
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago

Re: Feminism Fails

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:15 am

To be fair, campus lefties do tend to "identify as" Marxists. :BigGrin3:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

User avatar
Witness
Posts: 17814
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Re: Feminism Fails

Post by Witness » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:24 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:15 am
To be fair, campus lefties do tend to "identify as" Marxists. :BigGrin3:
Is it a gender? :P

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 72373
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago

Re: Feminism Fails

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:51 am

Witness wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:24 am
Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:15 am
To be fair, campus lefties do tend to "identify as" Marxists. :BigGrin3:
Is it a gender? :P
Finally you are catching on. 8)
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

User avatar
Skeeve
Posts: 10662
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:35 am

Re: Feminism Fails

Post by Skeeve » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:35 pm

Radical feminists attack church and town hall in Argentina
The women also attacked other public buildings with bombs, stones, and graffiti
Radical feminists firebombed a town hall and spray painted a Catholic Church in Argentina. The series of attacks came during a women’s conference held in the Patagonia region this past weekend.

The conference was the 33rd National Women’s Encounter held October 13-15 in the city of Trelew in Chubut province, and focused primarily on promoting abortion and so-called gender ideology.

On October 14, participants in the conference marched through the streets of Trelew with signs in favor of legalized abortion and the separation of church and state. During the demonstration, a group of bare-chested feminists stood in front of Mary Help of Christians parish and attacked Trelew town hall with Molotov cocktail firebombs.

The women also attacked other public buildings with bombs, stones, and graffiti. The police and locals eventually managed to control the mob and ten women were arrested.
Note religeous sources...
...apparently nothing from the Lame Stream Media though...

Argentina feminist rally ends with Molotov bombs thrown at church
ROME - As has become customary, Argentina’s “National Encounter of Women” on Sunday ended with violent protests that included bare-chested women throwing Molotov cocktails at a Catholic church and the City Hall in the city of Trelew, located some 700 miles south of Buenos Aires.

“Abort your heterosexuality,” “Church and State, separate affair,” “death to the macho is not a metaphore,” and “lesbianize yourself” were among slogans an estimated 50,000 women who rallied through downtown Trelew left behind, with graffiti scrawled on storefronts, privately-owned homes and churches.
:cowbell:
Then Skank Of America could start in...

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 72373
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago

Re: Feminism Fails

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:40 pm

So how is the a "fail" exactly?

Maybe we need a "Feminism mission accomplished" thread?
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

User avatar
Skeeve
Posts: 10662
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:35 am

Re: Feminism Fails or "Feminism mission accomplished"

Post by Skeeve » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:51 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:40 pm
So how is the a "fail" exactly?

Maybe we need a "Feminism mission accomplished" thread?
Okay Abdul...

YOUNG MEN GIVING UP ON MARRIAGE: ‘WOMEN AREN’T WOMEN ANYMORE’
Fewer young men in the US want to get married than ever, while the desire for marriage is rising among young women, according to the Pew Research Center.

Pew recently found that the number of women 18-34 saying that having a successful marriage is one of the most important things rose from 28 percent to 37 percent since 1997. The number of young adult men saying the same thing dropped from 35 percent to 29 percent in the same time.
So feminism has helped create a "marriage-unfriendly" environment for men, dispite the fact that the number of women who want to get married seems to have gone up (oh well) - Feminism Mission Accomplished!

However...
Pew’s findings have caught the attention of one US writer who maintains that feminism, deeply entrenched in every segment of the culture, has created an environment in which young men find it more beneficial to simply opt out of couple-dom entirely.
...
Suzanne Venker’s article, "The War on Men ", which appeared on the website of Fox News in late November, has become a lodestone for feminist writers who have attacked her position that the institution of marriage is threatened, not enhanced, by the supposed gains of the feminist movement over the last 50 years.

“Where have all the good (meaning marriageable) men gone?” is a question much talked about lately in the secular media, Venker says, but her answer, backed up by statistics, is not to the liking of mainstream commentators influenced by feminism.

She points out that for the first time in US history, the number of women in the workforce has surpassed the number of men, while more women than men are acquiring university degrees.

“The problem? This new phenomenon has changed the dance between men and women,” Venker wrote. With feminism pushing them out of their traditional role of breadwinner, protector and provider – and divorce laws increasingly creating a dangerously precarious financial prospect for the men cut loose from marriage – men are simply no longer finding any benefit in it.

As a writer and researcher into the trends of marriage and relationships, Venker said, she has “accidentally stumbled upon a subculture” of men who say “in no uncertain terms, that they’re never getting married.”
So perhaps this is a "pyrric victory" of a sort for Feminism...but in general women (you know, the gender sex that Feminism claims to support) are being left out.
...
“When I ask them why, the answer is always the same: women aren’t women anymore.” Feminism, which teaches women to think of men as the enemy, has made women “angry” and “defensive, though often unknowingly.”

“Now the men have nowhere to go. It is precisely this dynamic – women good/men bad – that has destroyed the relationship between the sexes. Yet somehow, men are still to blame when love goes awry.”
So for men...



...the only winning move, is not to play!

So it seems that Feminism is destroying the social contract that once existed between men and women.

For feminism, I suppose its a victory, for women it kind of sucks.
Then Skank Of America could start in...

User avatar
Witness
Posts: 17814
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Re: Feminism Fails

Post by Witness » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:48 am

A sad fail:
Federal Judge Rules U.S. Ban on Female Genital Mutilation Is Unconstitutional

In a historic ruling that strikes a chilling blow to women’s rights, a federal judge in Michigan declared unconstitutional the U.S. law against female genital mutilations (FGM), and dropped charges against two doctors for carrying out the procedure on underage girls.

U.S. District Judge Bernard Friedman said Tuesday that Congress lacks the authority to outlaw the procedure, and insisted only states can make such a decision, the Detroit Free Press reports.

“As despicable as [FGM] may be,” Friedman said, Congress “overstepped its bounds” by banning the practice.

The trial was the first federal case to involve FGM, which is common religious practice in some cultures, but is internationally recognized as a human rights violation. The defendants, including three mothers, are all members of the Indian Muslim Dawoodi Bohra community.

Friedman dismissed the main charges against Jumana Nagarwala, a doctor who prosecutors said may have performed the procedure on up to 100 girls. Another doctor who allowed Nagarwala to use his clinic, that doctor’s wife and five others also saw their charges dropped. The doctors continue to face lengthy prison terms on conspiracy charges.
http://time.com/5460982/michigan-judge- ... reddit.com

User avatar
Skeeve
Posts: 10662
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:35 am

Re: Feminism Fails

Post by Skeeve » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:00 am

Sweden: Women Raped, Authorities Too Busy
* According to Mikaela Blixt, after a man attacked her in the street and tried to rape her, the police did nothing, even though she knew where her attacker lived and could easily have identified him.

* The Swedish mainstream media outlet, Expressen, wanted to interview Blixt, but, according to her, only on condition that she not mention that her attacker was an Afghan migrant.
...
"Sweden," stated its government in November 2015, "has a feminist government. We place gender equality at the heart of both national and international work... The overall objective of the Government's gender equality policy is equal power for women and men to shape society and their own lives. This is ultimately a question of democracy and social justice."

Wait a minute. Shouldn't women living under a "feminist government" be able -- at a bare minimum -- to leave their homes without the fear of becoming victims of sexual assault?
...
Unlike what the Swedish media has been preaching for years -- that most rapes occur in private settings and are committed against victims who know already their attacker -- the large majority of rapes are, in fact, committed in the public sphere by men who have never previously met their victim, according to Brå. Out of the 842 men sentenced for rape or attempted rape in the past five years, noted a report by Svt Nyheter (Swedish Television) 58% were foreign-born -- from the Middle East and North Africa, southern parts of Africa and other places outside of Europe. When it came to men sentenced for attempted rape, as well as violent rape, where victim and perpetrator did not know each other beforehand, 80% of the men were foreign born and 40% had only been in Sweden for a year or less.

Getting the police even to file a report of an attempted rape against a woman is, to say the least, difficult -- itself a sign that something is rotten in the "feminist" kingdom of Sweden.
Yes, a success....a FLAMING success...
Then Skank Of America could start in...

User avatar
ed
Posts: 33674
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Re: Feminism Fails

Post by ed » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:34 am

bare-chested women throwing Molotov cocktails at a Catholic church
I don't see a problem with this in the least.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

User avatar
Skeeve
Posts: 10662
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:35 am

Re: Feminism Fails

Post by Skeeve » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:19 pm

ANOTHER: New Orleans Women's March CANCELED After 'Drastic' Drop In Support
Organizers of the New Orleans Women's March say their January event is now off after a "drastic" drop-off in support, The Washington Times reports.

“Due to several issues we have decided it is necessary to cancel the 2019 Women’s March in New Orleans,” the National Organization for Women’s Baton Rouge chapter posted on social media Friday.

Though they did not initially specify the "issues" that led to NOW canceling the New Orleans Women's March — one of the largest in the country — a further statement indicated a severe drop-off in both participation and fundraising after two major exposes in Tablet and in The New York Times revealed that the national Women's March's hierarchy was a hotbed of anti-Semitic thought.

NOW Baton Rouge was clear it believes the national Women's March leadership, including organizers Bob Bland, Tamika Mallory, Linda Sarsour, and Carmen Perez, should resign.
What?
Linda Sarsour is an anti-Semitic?

:shock:
Then Skank Of America could start in...