Jamal Khashoggi

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: Jamal Khashoggi

Post by Doctor X » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:24 am

Culture Shaming?

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

gnome

Post by gnome » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:35 am

Doctor X wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:54 am
That, particular with security clearances.
Do you mean "modulo"?
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:29 am

Never.

I am a Gentleman after all.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:21 am

Time Names Person of the Year for 2018: Jamal Khashoggi and Other Journalists

Time magazine named a group of journalists, including the murdered Saudi dissident Jamal Khashoggi, as its person of the year for 2018 on Tuesday, honoring their dedicated pursuit of the truth despite a war on facts and tremendous obstacles, including violence and imprisonment.

The choice was a nod to the spread of misinformation in the United States and abroad by leaders who have sought to quash critical independent journalism.
Okay....
“It became clear that the manipulation and abuse of truth is the common thread of so many of this year’s major stories, from Russia to Riyadh to Silicon Valley,” Edward Felsenthal, Time’s editor in chief and chief executive, said during the announcement on NBC’s “Today” show.
Then Skank Of America could start in...

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:41 pm

Meanwhile: Mika Uses Homophobic Slur To Describe Secretary Of State Pompeo
On Wednesday, on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” host MSNBC’s Mika Brzezinski used a homophobic slur to describe Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, calling him a “wannabe dictator’s butt boy.”

Brzezinski and co-host Joe Scarborough were discussing Pompeo’s reaction on “Fox & Friends” to the murder of Saudi journalist and Washington Post contributing columnist Jamal Khashoggi. Pompeo had not condemned Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman for his reputed involvement in the murder, saying, “Look, we all know that they’re still working on this. This is still a developing set of facts with respect to the murder of Jamal Khashoggi. The intelligence community is working diligently on that … The direct evidence, this is what I’ve said before, the direct evidence isn’t yet available. It may show up tomorrow. It may have shown up overnight and I haven’t seen it.”

Brzezinski remarked, “I understand that Donald Trump doesn’t care … But why doesn’t Mike Pompeo care right now? Are the pathetic deflections that we just heard when he appeared on ‘Fox & Friends’ — is that a patriot speaking? Or a wannabe dictator’s butt boy? I’m dead serious. I’m asking: Are these the words of a patriot?”
Not just a butt-boy, but a "a wannabe dictator’s butt boy!"
:o

Witness

Post by Witness » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:19 am

He was accused of killing a Portland teen. Feds believe the Saudis helped him escape

A black SUV pulled up to Abdulrahman Sameer Noorah’s home in Southeast Portland two weeks before his June 2017 trial.

Noorah, a Saudi national charged the year before in the fatal hit-and-run of a teenage girl crossing Hawthorne Boulevard, had a bag packed that Saturday afternoon.

The private car drove the 21-year-old Portland Community College student to a sand-and-gravel yard two miles away.

That’s where Noorah sliced off the tracking monitor he had worn around his ankle for months, according to interviews with federal authorities. He then discarded it at the scene before vanishing, leaving a victim’s family crushed and prosecutors furious and flummoxed.

Law enforcement officials now say they believe Noorah got an illicit passport and boarded a plane — likely a private carrier — to flee the country.

Despite unknowns in the ongoing investigation, officials with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and U.S. Marshals Service are all but certain who helped orchestrate the remarkable escape: the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

U.S. officials learned only recently from the Saudi government that Noorah arrived back home 18 months ago.
https://www.oregonlive.com/expo/news/er ... ium=social

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:57 pm

From the BBC: Saudis 'helped citizen in Oregon hit-and-run case flee US'
Abdulrahman Sameer Noorah, 21, fled the US last year, and Saudi officials may have helped him obtain an illegal passport, the Oregonian reported.

He is accused of killing Fallon Smart, 15, in Portland, Oregon, in 2016.
Federal officials told the Oregonian they believe he was probably taken out of the country on a private plane.

"We're doing everything we can to get him back," Eric Wahlstrom, a supervisory deputy US Marshal in Oregon, said.

After Mr Noorah's disappearance, US investigators searched domestic and international flights, but found no clues to his whereabouts.

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:03 am

Khashoggi: Qatari Asset in Life; Qatari Asset in Death
As the news of Khashoggi’s disappearance and death broke, nearly the entire media was abuzz with praise for the late columnist and engaged in an effort to turn him into a martyr for democratic values, free expression and freedom.
Of course, in order to do this, the media largely ignored salient facts about him that emerged almost immediately: his long history as an apologist and propagandist for the Muslim Brotherhood; his youthful collaboration with Osama Bin Laden and al Qaeda in Afghanistan; his antipathy toward both Israel and Shia Muslims; as well as rumors about his questionable and financial links to Qatari intelligence.

Now, shockingly, the Washington Post itself has largely revealed those rumors to be true. We now know that Jamal Khashoggi was never a journalist—at least, not in the usual sense of the word; he was a highly-partisan operative who worked with a handler to publish propaganda at the behest of the Emirate of Qatar. He was, in other words, an agent of influence.

In an extensive background portrait of Khashoggi buoyed with accounts from sympathetic friends, reporters Souad Mekhennet and Greg Miller admit that, “text messages between Khashoggi and an executive at Qatar Foundation International show that the executive, Maggie Mitchell Salem, at times shaped the columns he submitted to The Washington Post, proposing topics, drafting material and prodding him to take a harder line against the Saudi government.” The article also glides past crucial context about the relationships Khashoggi cultivated with Islamists and Muslim Brotherhood figures, especially in recent years, and why these connections are important to the work he was doing on behalf of Qatar.

Still, this report is crucial because the campaign to lionize Khashoggi and to destroy the US-Saudi relationship was built on the fiction that the Saudis had killed a mere journalist.
So let me see now, if Khashoggi was an agent of Qatar, and Qatar is allied with Iran...it seems to be a bit more than: "he used to be in the Muslim Brotherhood..."

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:12 am

Another one from the Federalist:
https://thefederalist.com/2018/12/27/bo ... nce-agent/
The Washington Post has caused itself a major scandal since it has come to light they and their martyred “reformer” Jamal Khashoggi were publishing anti-Saudi propaganda for Qatar. They tried to bury this in a pre-Christmas Saturday news dump, but that can’t stop the damage this will do to their reputation.
The Post says they were unaware of this, although Khashoggi’s Qatar connections were well known. They will have to answer for what is either incompetence in connecting these dots or simply not caring as Khashoggi’s attacks on President Trump and the Saudis fit right in with their narrative. The Qatar Foundation denies they were paying him to produce the anti-Saudi material.

The Post says they were unaware of this, although Khashoggi’s Qatar connections were well known. They will have to answer for what is either incompetence in connecting these dots or simply not caring as Khashoggi’s attacks on President Trump and the Saudis fit right in with their narrative. The Qatar Foundation denies they were paying him to produce the anti-Saudi material.
Oh yea....

gnome

Post by gnome » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:24 pm

That's reprehensible.

I'm sure murdering the guy will calm down all that anti-Saudi propaganda.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Witness

Post by Witness » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:09 am

Turkey milks the affair with a book: http://www.anews.com.tr/middle-east/201 ... w-findings

And the Saudis have started a trial:
Saudi Arabia to seek death penalty for five defendants in Khashoggi trial, prosecutors say

ISTANBUL — Eleven people accused by Saudi Arabia of involvement in the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi attended their first court hearing Thursday in Riyadh, the Saudi capital, according to a statement by the country’s general prosecutor that was carried by the state-run Saudi Press Agency.

The statement, which did not name the defendants, said prosecutors plan to seek the death penalty for five of them. The defendants’ attorneys attended the hearing, the statement added.
[…]
The team sent to Istanbul disobeyed those orders and killed him, the prosecutors said.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/mi ... b3d42a168d

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:14 am

Remind why I should care again about the Game of Thrones thing in Saudi Arabia.

Answer cannot be because "orange man bad".

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:55 am

Murder is just peachy as long as it's not anybody I know.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

xouper

Post by xouper » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:38 pm

Anaxagoras wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:55 am
Murder is just peachy as long as it's not anybody I know.
Can you give an example of someone who holds that position?

I haven't seen it on this forum, but then I concede I don't always pay close attention.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:43 pm

I wouldn't say "peachy", but I reserve the right not to give a shit.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

corplinx

Post by corplinx » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:11 pm

There's murder all around the world. Why should I care about political operative involved in the Saudi regime just because the WaPO liked him?

If only Officer Singh got as much attention as this...

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:14 pm

Not caring is fine I suppose.

Making excuses for it, looking for "dirt" to smear the victim with, isn't the same as indifference though.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

corplinx

Post by corplinx » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:16 pm

Everyone always has a just-world fallacy thing going on.

xouper

Post by xouper » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:33 pm

corplinx wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:11 pm
If only Officer Singh got as much attention as this...
Exactly.

The silence from California liberals is deafening.

And Signh was an immigrant. You'd think that would count for something on the left.

Apparently they only care about illegal immigrants, er, I mean, undocumented.

Giz

Post by Giz » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:00 pm

Singh just asked "please drop the gun" but Khashoggi asked the tough questions, like "what does Qatar want me to say?". Who is the real hero corp?