Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Very Own Thread

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Very Own Thread

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:08 am

Racist sobriquet sighted in one of the seamier parts of the 'net: "Alexandria Of Color".
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:37 pm

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/01/ ... orfeiture/

This is my evidence for the, "Cortez is so wrong and so dangerously ignorant that she must be kept a laughing stock weirdo and not normalized" thesis.

Liz Warren in an attempt to recapture her media darlingness has proposed asset forfeiture. Bonus NR link with old school Commie lingo about the "Kulaks".

In the middle is a nice paragraph describing Warren's career as a self-serving fraud and mountebank:
She may not be the radical she pretends to be, but Senator Warren has pretended to be a lot of things. A Cherokee, for one, which is good for a laugh, but perhaps not the worst of it. Her longing for fame — and money and power — is impossible to miss. She spent a period trying to launch a career as a writer of dopey self-help books (The Ultimate Lifetime Money Plan!) and then tried on the costume of a Lou Dobbs-style populist China hawk, and even in her scourge-of-Wall-Street incarnation, she couldn’t help cribbing from Margaret Thatcher in pandering to Dobbs, then at CNN: “One of the problems with spending money in this way is that at some point we really do run out of money.” She boasted that her little bureaucratic fiefdom — the Congressional Oversight Panel — was called “COP.” Her “professor of color” act got her a couple of cushy academic postings and a net worth of a few million dollars. I covered her Senate race against Scott Brown and watched her doing a pretty poor impersonation of an Irish-American ward-heeler in Boston, clapping along awkwardly to “Charlie on the M.T.A.” like some animatronic Muldoon. If she has to pretend to be Hugo Chávez, it won’t be her first act of cultural appropriation. And the recipe book should be a hoot.

gnome

Post by gnome » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:04 pm

What exactly is her proposal? The columnist never really seemed to describe it in detail.

I also note this:
Her “professor of color” act got her a couple of cushy academic postings and a net worth of a few million dollars.
Digging into that claim in the past has not led to convincing evidence--in fact plenty to the contrary as I see it. Maybe I've been stubbornly not accepting something someone here presented, but has there been anything compelling to indicate that playing up the idea of her NA heritage boosted her professional career significantly?
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

corplinx

Post by corplinx » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:53 pm

Do you honestly believe Harvard would have hired her if she had not fraudulently claimed her ancestry?

Was she Harvard material?

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:29 pm

gnome wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:04 pm
Digging into that claim in the past has not led to convincing evidence--in fact plenty to the contrary as I see it.
I am sure many would like to see this "contrary" evidence since it would make her progressive back pedaling over her claims which have been posted previously in these many threads all the more curious. You should also address why Harvard proudly touted her as their first "professor of color" in their law school. You should address why she suddenly started adding her status and promoting herself as such to a level that proved rather tragic, such as plagiarizing a recipe, which she claimed was traditional Cherokee, then signing her name to the recipe as a "Cherokee!"

While a boorish and still frightfully unskilled writer, "Howie" Carr does summarize the problem:
Here’s the next step for the woman who was white before she was Cherokee before she was white: release your employment applications to the law schools at Harvard and Penn. Since you now admit you’re a white woman, it shouldn’t be a problem to prove once and for all that you never did “check the box” to grab a racial preference you weren’t entitled to.

Boston Sun

I mean, really, I am surprised you have not injur'd yourself tripping over the evidences--your welcome--of her lies, the intent behind her lies, and the effect. From just a quick search:
Ms. Warren listed herself as Native in the Association of American Law School Directory, and according to The Boston Globe, she “had her ethnicity changed from white to Native American at the University of Pennsylvania Law School, The Boston Pravda is to liberals what Faux News is to PsychoCons. where she taught from 1987 to 1995, and at Harvard University Law School, where she was a tenured faculty member starting in 1995.”

Some critics say she got the Harvard slot by claiming to be American Indian. “Harvard Law School in the 1990s touted Warren, then a professor in Cambridge, as being Native American,’” CNN reported last November. “They singled her out, Warren later acknowledged, because she had listed herself as a minority in an Association of American Law Schools directory.”

Washington Times
with references to what has been noted above and in many threads here. What is critical is these are not "mistakes." This is not her simply repeating stories she never examined critically: she lied.

It is not terribly complicated.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X6!!!!!!

shuize

Post by shuize » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:38 pm

Warren reportedly got her law degree at Rutgers (US News currently ranked #74) and, according to wiki, started her legal career doing wills and real estate closings from a home office. She first taught at Rutgers then went to the Houston Law Center (if this is the University of Houston, it is currently ranked #56). She then went to University of Pennsylvania (#7) and taught as a visiting professor at the University of Texas, the University of Michigan (#8), and Harvard (#3) before her full-time position at Harvard.

I suspect her second marriage to a law professor helped kick off her academic career. But she was a climber and made a name for herself in bankruptcy law. Still, knowing what I do about law schools, and how hard Harvard pushed her "minority" status once hired, I have a hard time believing it didn't help overcome her low prestige Rutgers J.D. when they hired her.*

* I'd also be curious if there are any full-time professors at Harvard Law School with a law degree from a school ranked lower than Rutgers.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:30 pm

corplinx wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:53 pm
Do you honestly believe Harvard would have hired her if she had not fraudulently claimed her ancestry?

Was she Harvard material?
According to Harvard she was, but you're asking us to speculate about something that's impossible to prove either way. She was also a woman and they wanted to hire more women at the time. The Native American thing was probably just a cherry on top.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

gnome

Post by gnome » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:37 pm

Here is something I've been looking at on it.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation ... story.html

It's marked as a left-center publication, and so I'm reading it with that viewpoint in mind, and just considering the salient points of their case. This stands out:
Annie Linskey, Globe Staff wrote:The Globe also reviewed, for the first time, a Harvard University human resources form showing that Warren first listed her ethnicity as Native American nearly five months after she started her tenured position at Harvard and 2½ years after she was there as a visiting professor and first offered the job.
If Warren benefited from affirmative action at Harvard, it had to do with her gender, according to several members who said the desirability of hiring a woman was discussed.

Harvard Law School’s internal statistics from the time showed the institution was looking for female professors and had set a goal of hiring a tenured woman that year. Oddly, the law school’s internal metrics found that they believed they had sufficient minorities on staff, despite employing only five.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:47 pm

OTOH, they did officially boast of her being "of color".

My read is they knew damn well she was not. So do not say she fooled Harvard. Say she "colluded" with them.

shuize

Post by shuize » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:49 am

I checked the Harvard Law School faculty profile for full-time faculty.

I am well into the "G"s (about 40 names) and only found four non-Harvard or Yale J.D./Ph.D. faculty members.

One received his J.D. from the University of Michigan, one from the University of Chicago, one from Columbia (a former Solicitor General), and a "clinical professor" from William & Mary (currently ranked #37).

A Rutgers J.D. is an outlier.

https://hls.harvard.edu/faculty/index.html/

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:59 am

As critics quickly reminded everyone when that Pravda article came out, institutions that practice such discrimination rarely document it at the time.

It proved one of the weaker defenses from Pravda which they quietly dropped as the results of her DNA testing became clear. This is the same paper that touted the results as "proving" she is Native American until, seriously, within an hour critics who passed elementary mathmatics, critics who can spell "mathematics," and even one Humble, Yet MagNIfIcent devoted abacus and toe user informed them of what the numbers actually meant.

To paraphrase the Rt. Hon. Francis Urquhart, Trump may be a "lout, a bully," and all of that, and it may prove most disquieting to admit he was right about something, but he was. The Liberal Media[All Rights Reserv'd.--Ed.] has recently taken to claiming that Trump "surrounds himself with criminals!" Perhaps that explains how he recognized another liar: an even more stupid one at that. She therefore meets the Gary Hart Exclusion Criteria: "too fucking stupid to serve."

Long ago, if she gave a shit, she could have claimed she simply followed "stories my Native America incredibly rich ancestors told me," apologized and--OMFG!--became an advocate for Native Americans. Whatever one thinks of Rachel Doladurketzol, she at least worked for the NAACP. She actually tried to help blacks and other minorities.

Warren?

Quod erat demonstrandum.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:44 pm

Doctor X wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:59 am
As critics quickly reminded everyone when that Pravda article came out, institutions that practice such discrimination rarely document it at the time.

It proved one of the weaker defenses from Pravda which they quietly dropped as the results of her DNA testing became clear. This is the same paper that touted the results as "proving" she is Native American until, seriously, within an hour critics who passed elementary mathmatics, critics who can spell "mathematics," and even one Humble, Yet MagNIfIcent devoted abacus and toe user informed them of what the numbers actually meant.

To paraphrase the Rt. Hon. Francis Urquhart, Trump may be a "lout, a bully," and all of that, and it may prove most disquieting to admit he was right about something, but he was. The Liberal Media[All Rights Reserv'd.--Ed.] has recently taken to claiming that Trump "surrounds himself with criminals!" Perhaps that explains how he recognized another liar: an even more stupid one at that. She therefore meets the Gary Hart Exclusion Criteria: "too fucking stupid to serve."

Long ago, if she gave a shit saw advantage in it, she could have claimed she simply followed "stories my Native America incredibly rich ancestors told me," apologized and--OMFG!--became an advocate for Native Americans. Whatever one thinks of Rachel Doladurketzol, she at least worked for the NAACP. She actually tried to help blacks and other minorities.

Warren?

Quod erat demonstrandum.

--J.D.
fify
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:31 pm

The Empire (allegedly) Strikes Back: https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4273 ... sio-cortez

corplinx

Post by corplinx » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:50 pm

Why has AOC been on all the Late Night talk shows anyway? It's almost like there is an actual star-making machine at work.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:54 pm

corplinx wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:50 pm
Why has AOC been on all the Late Night talk shows anyway? It's almost like there is an actual star-making machine at work.
There is indeed, but apparently not taking orders from the DNC.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:50 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:54 pm
corplinx wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:50 pm
There is indeed, but apparently not taking orders from the DNC.
There's no big secret here, she's using Sanders' network to promote herself and he gets a bump too. Which also explains the disconnect with DNC.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:04 am

Could it be the Democrats are .....

...... not monolithic? :o :o :o :o :o :o

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:01 am

Yet still more relevant to questions above:
Elizabeth Warren’s apology 7 years late and a few bucks short At least she did not write "wampum."
Hillary Chabot

The latest twist in the winding saga of Elizabeth Warren’s Native American ancestry forced the Cambridge Democrat on Thursday to do what she should have done when the Herald first broke the story in 2012: apologize.

["Snip!"--Ed.]

Even now, Warren’s apology is limited. She’s sorry she took a DNA test and announced the results as proof that she is part Native American.

“I’m just gonna put it all out there,” she told Iowa voters earlier this month following years of unanswered questions and relentless taunts from President Trump.

But Warren’s attempts to “put it all out there” have meant different things at different times.

When I first asked Warren about her heritage claim in 2012, she said she had no idea Harvard Law School was reporting her as a minority hire.

“I think I first learned about it when I saw it on the front page of the Herald,” she said.

She also claimed she had never listed herself as a Native American or a minority on any other forms or applications.

Both statements were false. She had listed herself as a minority on the Association of American Law Schools directory starting in 1986 and ending in 1994. The directory was used at the time as a hiring tool and a reference to find law professors. Game. Set. Match

["Snip!"--Ed.]

The Oklahoma native also later admitted she had informed Harvard Law School and the University of Pennsylvania that she was Native American. "Game Over, Dude! Game Over!"

Boston Sun
--J.D.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:53 am

"The Oklahoma native" ;)
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:25 pm

Anaxagoras wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:53 am
"The Oklahoma native American citizen" ;)
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!