Germany

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Witness

Re: Germany

Post by Witness » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:38 am

U.S. Is Nearly as Dangerous as Russia, Much More Than North Korea, Germany Says in New Poll

Nearly as many Germans feel threatened by the United States as they do by Russia, while less than half feel North Korea is a danger, according to a new poll.

A recent survey conducted by Germany's Forsa Institute for Social Research and Statistical Analysis alongside International Politik magazine and featured Saturday by the Bild tabloid found that 55 percent of respondents thought the U.S. was a threat to the country, just one point less than the 56 percent who said the same of Russia. The two countries have long competed for influence across Europe, and renewed tensions between them have again placed Germany in the middle of a transatlantic competition.

Only 27 percent of Germans said that North Korea was a threat, while 24 percent said Turkey and 23 percent named Saudi Arabia. A mere 16 percent expressed concern over an increasingly powerful China.
https://www.newsweek.com/us-dangerous-r ... stribution

:mrgreen:

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:10 am

To be fair about it, North Korea isn't really much of a threat to Germany at all.

The USA versus Russia is too close to call and really the wrong question.
More general disapproval of the USA I can see, but that was not the question.

What exactly do Germans fear from either country worse than what they are doing to themselves?
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Witness

Post by Witness » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:14 am

↑ Judging from what is a kind of filigree in the article, they just don't like Trump. (TDS? :mrgreen: )

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:36 am

Is it TDS, or the more traditional butt-hurt over losing the war that cannot be named?

After all, it's only one percentage point difference between fearing the USA and that other winner, so I'll call it even.

Of course Newsweek itself has TDS, but that's another story.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale